I ♡ U

I ♡ U - Hyuk

Shadows cast across the wood floor from the pure morning light that poured into the deadly quiet dorm. With the sun slowly climbing in the sky, one member of Vixx was already up and fixing his outfit for a perfect day with one of his best friends. Once his outfit was on point, he tip toed out of the shared bedroom, quietly closing the bedroom door, he shuffled out to the kitchen to the refrigerator as he bent over slightly to see the contents in the cooling unit.

Lifting one of his hands, he pushed some food items out of the way looking for the morning heath drink that he always has.

"Hongbin" A voice cooed from behind him, thinking he was alone Hongbin snapped his head around as he quickly stood upright.

"Oh…. Hyuk it is only you…" Hongbin breathed as he tried to calm down his slightly racing heart as he turned his attention back to his drink that he was looking for.

"Where are you going so early this morning?" Hyuk questioned, cutely rubbing his eyes with one hand while the other hand hung out of his pocket of his pajama pants.

"I was going to meet _______, we were going to hang out all day today" Hongbin answered as he stood upright and started shaking the health drink between his hands.

"O-Oh you were? W-What are you two going to be doing?" Hyuk probed suddenly becoming curious since he was going to be spending the day with you, his secret crush that wasn’t so secret amongst the members.

"Oh Hyuk, don’t worry I won’t steal your girl, we are just going to have fun at the park today then we are going to go see a few new movies and go check out the new book and music store down the street." Hongbin twisted off the cap to his drink as he sipped it slowly while glancing over at Hyuk from time to time.

"Can I come along?" Hyuk asked while his eyes widened with hope.

"Ummmm…" Hongbin hummed as he had already finished half of his drink, wiping off the side of his lips with his thumb. "You may have to ask her on that one…"

"Why? Are you two supposed to be going alone… for the whole day…" Hyuk’s voice started to dwindle as he heard a soft knock on the door.

"Ah!" Hongbin twisted the cap on his drink and slid it back in the refrigerator’s door before he trotted over to the door. "Hyuk it is just us two today"

Walking into the living room, Hyuk stood just so, so that he could see you as Hongbin opened the door. Watching the door with a slightly racing heart, Hyuk played with the drawstrings on his pajama pants before Hongbin opened the door widely.

"Morning, ______" Hongbin whispered cutely as Hyuk watched you giggle and bop his nose with your fingertip.

"Morning Hongbinnie" You cooed, "Ready to go?" You questioned

"Yeah, let me get my jacket and we will go" He smiled as he stepped away from the door just enough for you to notice Hyuk.

"Morning Hyukkie~" You waved at him cutely as Hyuk beamed and smiled at you as he shyly waved at you.

"Ready?" Hongbin questioned as you nodded your head.

"See you later Hyuk" You waved at him before Hongbin walked out the door with you before closing it behind him and locking it.

"Bye…" Hyuk sighed as he watched the door for a moment or two longer before he turned around and flopped himself down on the couch. "Aish…" He ruffled his hair before knocking his head back on the cushions behind him.

"Why Hongbin…. why him? He doesn’t even like you like I do… he is too old for you anyways…" Hyuk mumbled to himself as N shuffled into the kitchen and pulled out a water from the refrigerator.

"Hyuk are you talking to yourself again?" N questioned while making his way over to Hyuk’s side.

"Why would she go out with him…him" Hyuk flopped his hands on his legs once more in disgust.

"Hyuk, if you like her this much then you should tell her. She doesn’t know what you are feeling. She can’t read minds… at least I don’t think so…" N sips his water as Hyuk groaned beside him.

"I can’t tell her how I feel… she probably wouldn’t accept it anyways" Hyuk mumbled softly as his eyes closed feeling a pain tug on his heart strings.

"Hyuk, you won’t know until you try, just ask her and if she turns you down then she turns you down but at least that you will know" N says as he pat’s the maknae’s shoulder.

"Okay, hyung. I will do it when she comes back" He lifted his head and tied his drawstrings in loose knots just to undo them over and over again.

Hours turned slowly as Hyuk sat on the couch waiting for you to return with Hongbin. Tapping his phone against his leg, the members started to wake up slowly and congregate in the living room. Watching various shows while others played games, he found himself wanting to be alone as Hyuk retreated to his bedroom.

Laying on his back, he wondered how he was going to phrase his confession to you. A noise came from his phone as he lifted the phone up to his eyes. Putting in his password, he clicked on the notification as he saw that it was Valentine’s Day.

"Perfect… just perfect" He groaned and rolled over onto his stomach as he threw his phone into his pillow. "I am going to spend all day with her…" Hyuk imitated Hongbin before he kicked his feet as they hung off the edge of the bed.

Closing his eyes, he drifted off to sleep allowing more hours to tick away until you came back home with Hongbin. Dreaming of you and him having your own fun adventures, he smiled in his sleep at just the thought of you being his girl. 

Slowly, time grew on as the sun started to reach the distant horizon, Hyuk paced around his room, now fully awake as he worked on what he was going to confess to you.

"I love you… I love you" He rehearsed as s tried to bet how long it would take for the floor to wear through below his feet.

"Aish… should I just say I like you instead?" He hissed while ruffling his hair

”______, I really like you…. like a lot…” Hyuk shook his head while the dwindling light of the sun.

Deciding to take a break from practicing, he went into his closet to find a simple yet classy outfit to spend this monumental moment in. Choosing a pair of ripped jeans and a grey shirt with a red sweater over top, he fixed his hair while his heart started to race seeing the light struggling to stay above the horizon. 

"Hey Hongbin, you are finally home before curfew" Leo chuckled as he help put away dinner.

"Haha very funny" He sarcastically shot back

"Wow, _____ you look nice all dressed up" Ravi complimented

"Thank you, I wanted to dress up today" You smiled as Hyuk went over to his door and opened it just slightly to catch another glimpse of you.

"Is that because you two did something special today?" Ken sang happily

"N-N-No, we just went out like we usually did" Hongbin stuttered a little.

Taking a deep breath, Hyuk gathered his courage before pushing his door open and heading out to where everyone was.

"Oh hey Hyukkie" You smiled as he stopped in his tracks, his eyes lifted as his heart skipped a beat.

"H-Hey…" He bit his bottom lip gently, "Did you two have a good day together?"

"Yeah it was really fun~" You nodded as Hyuk looked towards the ground while his lips slightly before making his way to the kitchen and pulling out a stool to sit on while he pulled over the bowl filled full of conversational hearts. 

Picking them up one by one, he read the messages that were on them as he found a message that he hadn’t see printed so clearly before on one of the candies. Setting the perfect candy aside, he popped a colored heart into his mouth as he watched you mingle amongst the members.

However time quickly ticked by as it was time for you to bid them a goodnight, making your way to the door, you slipped on your heels and pulled on your coat as the members waved to you. Almost becoming a blurr, Hyuk jumped to his feet, grabbing the small candy in his hand and running out the door.

Hearing the door open and close behind you, you turned around to find Hyuk trotting up behind you.

"Hyuk…" You turned around fully and looked at him while he slowed down

”______, I wanted to tell you something” Hyuk told you slightly breathless as your eyes widened in curiosity

"Yes" You probed as you watched as he stood back a little while his lips gently parted, his mind churned trying to find the words that he rehearsed in his room over and over.

"I-I-I…" Hyuk stuttered before he stepped back slightly and his lips before looking back into your eyes as you patiently waited for him.

"C-Can you close your eyes and hold out your hand?" He questioned suddenly.

"Sure Oppa" You smiled and held out your hand in front of him as you closed your eyes shortly after, meeting his request.

Watching you closely, he lifted up his hand that held the candy as he placed it in the palm of your hand with the words facing you.

"You can open your eyes now" Hyuk told you as his hands gently slid into his pockets letting his thumbs hang out.

Fluttering your eyes open, he watched your eyes find the candy in the palm of your hand as you read the three symbols on the heart shaped candy.

I ♡ U

"Hyuk?" You lifted your head with a slight tilt

"I wanted to say those three things to you for a while now. I just couldn’t bring myself to tell you…. I know that you enjoy spending time with Hongbin more than with me so I will just leave you two alo-" Hyuk started to quickly cover up his confession until you cut him off.

"I don’t like Hongbin like I like you" You confessed as Hyuk froze, his eyes widening as he tried to read the situation and what to say next

"W-W-What?" Hyuk questioned wanting to make sure he heard you correctly.

"I don’t like Hongbin like I love you" This time you changed the words a little feeling your heart leap in your chest.

"Y-You love me?" Hyuk stepped towards you slightly.

"I do" You whispered dropping your eyes. Closing them for a second, you felt a warm body against you as strong arms slowly wrapped around you. Opening your eyes slowly you turned your head to see Hyuk hugging you as you smiled and closed your eyes gently while your arms s around him and hugged him back.

"Do you want to do something tomorrow with me?" He inquired with a soft voice that brushed against your ear.

"I would love that, Oppa" You whispered back, pressing your body closer to his as your hand clasped the candy tightly in your fist.