The nickname

The nickname

The televsision flickers, illuminating the room with an ever changing color and light intensity, moving the shadows on the faces of the ones watching.
"This morning another body has been discovered in the district. The police suspect it is the result of an ongoing gang rivalty leading to these murders. It is the third body discovered since the beginning of the week and the police force are still working on finding leads. All the bodies for far have been executed in the same way, slashed and almost dismembered, with a pinky finger missing. The police are starting to think it may be a signature from the person or organization commiting these murders. Suscpicions on those events are arising but none are confirmed yet. However a word is starting to form on people's lips and that is the butcher. Some are calling this mysterious killer the butcher-"
The television flickers off.
". Can't you be more discreet ? And what's with the missing pinky finger ? I swear if I find them while cleaning up I'll chop your head"
"I shove it up their ."
The first man who spoke scrunches his face in disgust and shock.
"Joking aside no, it makes them scream and squirm a little just so they understand they did something wrong. The pinky finger is in a pocket that is easy to find. And hey it's not too bad of a signature,  better and easier than always the same cutting technique it gets boring after a while." He shrugs his shoulders.
"Okay whatever. You only kill when necessary right ?"
"All of them were far off in our territory and busy gathering intel. I took whatever they had on them and gave them to Leo. I used gloves so no handprints"
"Good. I'll ask leo to give us a little briefing on this intel. Good job Ravi. Try to slow the pace down or you will become a serial killer."
"I'll try but I can't do much unless you want me to keep them alive and lock them somewhere before getting rid of them."
"Can you make it harder to find the bodies ?"
"I'll try this. Good night boss."
"Good night Ravi"
Ravi gets up and leaves the small living room. The other man stays, deep in his thoughts. He hadn't thought their small group would make it to the news. The current events weren't their fault, older gangs were unhappy with their quick progress and they were simply defending themselves, but it is turning into a gang war according to the medias. He sighs. He wasn't always good for all of this thinking. He gets up and leaves the room, turning off the small tableside lamp. He goes to his bedroom to get a change of clothes. Once in a set of more confortable clothes, he goes for a door where light filters through the door. Leo was still up, just like he had thought. He cracks open the door, peering at the form slightly slumped over a desk. He tiptoes to the form a grin tugging his lips. He throws his arms around the neck while whining "taekwonie". The figure jumps and groans.
"Hakyeon"
"Who else? It's unusual of you to have your guard down like this Taek."
"I don't think we can expect an attack from the inside."
"Don't be too serious. It's getting late you should sleep and you're training hyukkie tomorrow. I don't know what you did to the kid, he almost fell asleep in his plate today" a small smile tugs Leo's lips.
"Let me finish this it won't take long"
"Taekwoon we will have to talk seriously if things continue that way and two brains are better than one"
"hmm" Hakyeon squeezes Leo's shoulder and leaves the door ajar behind him. When leo enters the shared room, Hakyeon is trying to keep awake but his body betrays him and his head hangs down at a painful looking angle. Leo glances at him before undressing, opting for shapeless clothes to bed. He shakes Hakyeon who blinks sleepily before noding and laying down. As soon as his head hits the pillow, the sleep takes him deepening his breathing. Leo lays down next to his friend, letting the night put his mind to rest.
He wakes up with insistant shakes. He tries to shake them off but he opens them hearing a familiar voice.
"Hyung help me wake Ravi hyung" Hyuk is looking desesperate.
"Boss said I don't get breakfast unless Ravi hyung is at the breakfast table in fifteen minutes." Leo gets up groggily and ruffle the younger's hair. He follows him to the room he shares with Ravi. They are greeted by snoring as soon as they open the door. Hyuk waddles to Ravi's form, unusure of what to do.
"I tried shaking him up, moving him, I even poured water on his face" his face scrunches up at the last thing he tried, worried of consequences of his actions. Leo nods and gets closer to the slump. He pokes it with a foot, getting only a groan. Leo leans down, placing his mouth next to the man's ear. "Wonsik, someone trashed the studio, you know, the one you go to when you don't want to train, or when you need a break …." Ravi jerks awake, hands grabbing Leo's collar. "Who is the bastard ??" Leo turns to look at hyuk, a subtle smirk showing on his features. He looks down on Ravi who is still holding his collar. Ravi looks at Leo and his face pales considerably and lets go of the fabric looking sheepish. The eldest pats Hyuk's head one last time before exiting the room hoping Hakyeon didn't mess up today's breakfast.