Haunted?..., pt. 1

In My Own World... With 7 Other People
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Author's p.o.v.)

===

*Focus...*

*Pay no attention and just focus...focus!*

Soo-mee tried hard to keep her eyes focused straight ahead, but there was something that just kept bothering her, trying to take her attention away. *How can I focus?! He's staring...I just know it.* Slowly, Soo-mee turned her head to the side, seeing if her suspicions were right. The second she caught sight of Jungkook he smiled her way, not at all trying to hide the fact that he was staring at her. Soo-mee quickly whipped her head back to the chalkboard, making sure she kept her eyes solely on her teacher.

Since the first class this morning, all the way until history, the last class of the day (the class they were currently in), Soo-mee could feel a pair of eyes watching her. Anytime she would try to catch him red handed, he turned his head away, acting as if he had done absolutely nothing wrong. But now that it was the last class, he just didn't care anymore; he didn't bother to try and hide it.

Soo-mee could feel her anger bubbling up. Why was he watching her? Was he trying to get on her nerves? Or did he really take a liking to her? She couldn't blame him if it was the second one, I mean, she's not stupid; she knows a pretty girl when she sees one. *Why won't he look away? He's bothering me...and I don't like it. I'd rather be ignored by everyone. Seriously! If he doesn't quit staring at me, he's going to fail the class-* Soo-mee silently snapped her fingers, realization hitting her. *Why should I bother getting upset? He's the one that's going to have to deal with it. He'll most likely fail the class, since he's barely paid ANY attention to what's going on.* With a small smirk on her face, she glanced at Jungkook before chuckling quietly. *Hahahaha~~ er~*

Sighs of relief were heard after the school bell rang, signaling the end of the class. Soo-mee stood up from her chair, the smirk still plastered on her face. She walked up to the teacher and waited patiently to find out how she did. "There you are, Ms. Park." The teacher said, handing her the graded paper. Quickly looking down, Soo-mee's smile only grew wider. *B+ isn't my best, but I'm satisfied with it~ Just imagine how much better I'll do when I have full focus?~ I'll be unstoppable!!! Take that, Mr. Kookie monster!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!*

Soo-mee was so absorbed into her thoughts that she didn't even realize that she had started laughing out loud. "Hahahaha~" If I was asked to describe her right now, I would say she looked like a crazy person, laughing to herself. "Good job, Mr. Jeon. It's an A+ for you today."

Slowly, Soo-mee's laughter became quieter, until it stopped completely. *Wait, what?...* She turned around, so she was facing the teacher and Jungkook. It was obvious she was shocked-- the fact that her jaw was hanging open didn't exactly hide it well.

Jungkook noticed her staring and looked over at her with a smirk. "It's called multitasking." he said, before walking out of the classroom. What is he talking about? There's no way he knew what she was thinking, right? Before Soo-mee could even process what he said, Jungkook popped his head back into the classroom. "Aren't you coming, cutie?" the name that he called her didn't bother him one bit; it's like it just slid off of his tongue. Soo-mee, on the other hand, shuddered, feeling completely grossed out.

"Yah! Don't call me that!" She yelled, following far, far behind him. "No way~ If it bothers you this much, I'll definitely call you that more often...cutie~" He sang, swinging his backpack around. Jungkook stopped in his tracks, waiting for Soo-mee to catch up. As soon as she got to where he was standing, she walked right passed him, not even looking back once. "You were supposed to walk with me, cutie!~" Jungkook yelled, a small smile appearing on his face as he quickly ran to catch up with her. "Wait up~"

==

After Soo-mee was finished with all of her homework, she decided to go have a look around the parts of the house that she hasn't seen yet. Everyone kept talking about the garden out back, so she thought it'd be best to start there.

She walked out of her room and down the stairs, heading straight to the backyard without stopping once. There were students crowded around the backdoor, making her want to turn around and go back to her room, but she pushed herself forward and fought the urge. "Just a little further..." Soo-mee stopped herself, making the decision that it wasn't worth going through all of those students. She turned around and headed for the front door instead.

Finally making it to to the backyard, Soo-mee smiled with relief. "About time-" As soon as her eyes caught sight of the garden, she stared in awe. It was absolutely beautiful.

(the right side of the backyard)

(the middle of the backyard)

(the left side of the backyard)

Soo-mee couldn't get over how amazing it looked. It was huge, that's for sure-- and for being a backyard, it wasn't very close to the house...it had to be at least 200 feet away from the back door. There were trees surrounding the area, making it feel very secluded and private. It was like Soo-mee's dream backyard. She loved it.

A thought crossed Soo-mee's mind, one that wasn't the most pleasant. "What if what that Kookie monster said is true? What if this place really is haunted? If it is, the ghosts would all come back here for sure. It's secluded, quiet, and there are lots of students." She looked around at all of the people surrounding her, enjoying the beautiful scenery like she was. "Ghosts would love this place. Maybe that Jungkook guy wasn't lying...maybe this place is haunted after all."

Soo-mee didn't realize she had been talking out loud this whole time, and she also didn't realize the amount of students that started leaving the garden. All of the students heard what she was saying, and they all heard that Jungkook was the one who said it. If Jungkook, one of the most popular guys in school, says that this place is haunted, it must be true. That was how they all thought, and that's exactly why they all started to leave.

Laughing at the idea, Soo-mee shook her head and mumbled to herself. "That's impossible." She looked around one more time before heading back into the house for dinner.

==

"Go fish."

"We're playing crazy 8's." Jin stated, glancing at V. "I know." he nodded his head before sticking another piece of pocky into his mouth. The guys were all hanging out in Jungkook's, Jimin's and V's room, playing cards and eating junk food. And yes, this was a nightly routine. "We should do something else tonight other than playing cards. Something more exciting." J-hope sighed, leaning his face into his palm.

Rapmonster raised an eyebrow as he hummed in thought. "Like what? We've pretty much done everything around here...so what could be exciting?" Each of the guys stared off in thought, racking their brains for something exciting they could do. "Hey, I bet I know what Jungkook wants to do~" V cooed, pointing a teasing finger at the youngest boy there. "He probably

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter