But it's my food~

In My Own World... With 7 Other People
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Author's p.o.v.)

===


*Are we almost there yet?...*

Soo-Mee leaned her head against the window as she watched the cars drive past the taxi she was in. "How come my parents didn't take me with them? I'm a fun person! I could've made everything way more fun!!" The taxi driver glanced back at her through his rearview mirror, raising an eyebrow as she continued to talk to herself. "All I gotta say is that Korea better have good food!" She said, making sure to say it in English so that the driver couldn't understand her.

"We're here, miss." Slinging her backpack over her shoulder, Soo-Mee got out of the car and grabbed hold of her suitcase. "This is my grandma's house? Why is it so big?!" Gaping up at the large house-- or mansion, if you'd like-- Soo-Mee stayed in the same place, in her own world as she tried to recall what her grandmother did for a living, and how she managed to get such a large home.

"Dang~ She's even got a pool?! Maybe my stay here won't be so bad..." Soo-Mee mumbled, a smile slowly spreading across her face. "Now all I need is unlimited food and not to get fat." Without her even knowing, English slipped out of as she grabbed her suitcase and headed for the front gate.

"Oi. You." Hearing the strange voice, Soo-Mee slowly came to a stop. *He's not talking to me, right?* To her dismay, she heard the voice again, and this time it was closer. "Yah." If it were up to Soo-Mee, she would have ran away and screamed-- but for some reason she just couldn't do that. *Why do I have to be so polite?! I'm such a nice person sometimes that it makes me sick.* 

Seconds after Soo-Mee turned around she met eyes with a black haired boy who wore a-- smirk? He was smirking? Leaning against the wall, the boy let out a soft laugh as he nodded towards her. "Yeah, I'm talking to you." 

*Is he really talking to me? Or is he lying? Wait, why would he lie? That would be stupid... -GASP- Unless he's trying to kill me! Oh my gosh! I don't want to die!!!* Soo-Mee quickly snapped out of her thoughts after feeling a sharp pain on her forehead. "What is that look for? I'm not trying to hurt you. Geez." Instead of thinking about what he had just said, Soo-Mee was too focused on the fact that he flicked her. Was this guy serious? How can he just casually touch a pretty girl like herself?

The boy's expression slowly went back to his I-Don't-Care look as he cleared his throat. "Listen... If I were you, I'd get out of here while you can." Soo-Mee blinked a few times, blurting out a quick 'huh?' sounding like a total idiot. "I'm guessing you're staying here while you attend Seoul high, right?" Earning a quick nod from her, the boy sighed. "I was hoping I was wrong..." 

At this point Soo-Mee was severely confused-- just what was this boy talking about? "You see, this place... it's haunted." Widening her eyes, a small squeak came out as Soo-Mee slowly backed away from him. "I've been here 6 years... I wish I could leave this place, but after you come, the spirits won't let you leave." Like anyone else in this situation, Soo-Mee was scared-- maybe even more than scared?-- Wait a minute...

"Why are you at this house? And what do you mean you've been here 6 years?" What is this kid talking about? Why would he live with her grandma for 6 years? "What?" The boy asked, this time being the one that sounded like an idiot. 

"Yah!" Before the two even had time to react to the loud voice, the boy quickly covered his head after being smacked by a fly swatter. "What did I tell you, Jungkook?! How many times are you going to try and pull this on the new students?!" Soo-Mee watched as the boy-- who was apparently named 'Jungkook'-- backed away while laughing. "It's just so easy to pull pranks on them~ They're practically asking me to do it." 

Raising her fly swatter to hit him again, the older woman quickly turned her head to Soo-Mee. "Oh my... Soo-Mee?! Is that you?" Without thinking, Soo-Mee slowly nodded her head, mumbling 'yeah' The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter