Chapter 1

The Quarter Life Crisis

Your POV

It was 8PM, you still sit in front of your computer in your office. You really enjoy your current job, being graphic designer make you want to explore a lot of creative things. Everything going well in your life. You had a nice job and its coming with nice pay, nice social life, and live in a nice apartment with your lovely boyfriend, Yongguk.

Yongguk has his own job, he running his own recording studio. There are lot of indie and underground singer rent his studio, and being a producer is one of his job, of course he got more profit from the loyalty. Both of you are hard worker, its quite hard to get quality time for both of you, but in your early 2 years of relationship it was going well, until both of you really absorbed with your own job. Not to mention commitment with jobs, clients and anything the company throw at you and Yongguk on short notice. However, there are still some free times that you get to spend by yourself or with your family. Both of you cherished these times when he gets to do as he wish. And Yongguk learned to appreciate any free time that you and him are able to obtain. Yongguk always really busy at night, he barely come home before 2AM, while you already on your deep sleep. 

 

In the next day, you are under the warm arms of Yongguk, snuggling and sniffing his scent is some of your routines before you really wake up at 7AM. "Babe…", Yongguk's voice in the morning is kind of beautiful music for your ear. He greet you without opened his eyes.

"Morning…" You smile as you look at him snugs under your neck. "You must be really tired, what time you got home?" you caress his hair

"4… i guess" Yongguk barely open his eyes and lazily answer the question.

"ow.. rest well, i got meeting at 10 o'clock, are you gonna lunch at home? i'll prepare some food for you, no ramen again" she kissed his cheeks and forehead, and leave him to prepare some breakfast and lunch.

Yongguk only nods and get into his deep sleep,and you let him got enough rest.

You prepare your own breakfast, its only a simple pancakes and orange juice. Knowing Yongguk won't wake up until 11, you decided only cook his lunch, he would missed the breakfast time anyway. After done with nice-girfriend-routine this morning then you took shower and get ready. You always left a note for Yongguk, stick it to the refrigerator then straight ahead to office.

 

At 12PM.

Done with your presentation, all is going well. Its lunch time, you were too lazy to move from your seat, and order a delivery instead. In the middle of your lunch, you get notification from Yongguk.

"don't forget your lunch" and it came along with his picture and your food. You smiled because of his behaviour. He is being fierce in front of his friends, but when he is with you, he got no difference with a spoiled boy asked for his mother attention, and vice versa.

"eat well~ " you replied his text.

"how's the meeting? all good?" he asked.

"going smooth. i'll tell you later! what time are you going to studio?" you replied.

"ah~ thats nice. i got nervous when i wake up and read your notes. Will go in 20mins. Visit me at the studio later?"

"i'll text you when i'm on my way. Don't forget the dishes!"

"why you cared with the dishes more than i am. don't worry. love you"

":P love you too"

"love you more" he ended his text

You put your phone inside your bag. Then you back to work again. As the time goes by, you got another new project and your boss ask if you could give him a progress by tomorrow. You feel like more challenged, no reason to say no, so you try your best to finish until not realised what time is it.

"Don't work to hard, you could continue tomorrow, its already 9PM" Jaehyun, your boss came to your intern meeting with your team. "i just need your big idea, no need details"

"We're just done. Don't worry" you give him a big grin. "we will give you the result tomorrow"

"Relax, no need to hurry, shoo~ go back home, i need rest too" Jaehyun joke around.

You and your team laugh and get ready to back home. You reach your home at 11PM. When you just sit on your couch, you just remember your promised to Yongguk to visit him today.

"Ah~ ." You hurriedly reach your phone but just realised it ran out of battery. After you plugged the charger, you get some voicemail and texts, all from Yongguk asking where were you and he seems really worried. You called him back, but there's no answer.

"he must be so busy" you remember about his last project and he is the producer. You leave him a message and tell him you are so tired due the amount of work today, decided to sleep and rest. 

Next day

It's 7Am, you wake up without Yongguk beside you. You checked your phone but there are no text or any news from him. You're about to text him, but you held your will and put down your phone back to the bedside table. Its common thing Yongguk not coming home, you never complaint about it because you know how much he love his job, and he still trying to get you when he got time. Well, as a woman you have some uneasy feels about your boyfriend, but you always swallowed it and trying not to drown with your own thoughts and anxiety. In the middle when you cook your breakfast, the door clicked open. You know its Yongguk, so you poked your head out to the kitchen, and smile widely when you confirmed he is home.

"Babe? You're awake??" Yongguk asked while he take off his shoes as he smell scent of food.

"Yes, i'm in the kitchen" you fry another egg because Yongguk just arrived.

Yongguk hugs you from behind.

"Yah, i'm cooking here. Don't make a scene that could harm us" you told him but He hugs you more tight instead

"its only 7 in the morning why are you so mean to me?" He pouted.

You just laugh and slap his hand "get off, take your seat, its about to set"

"okay.. okay…" Yongguk left to get his seat.

You plate his breakfast and prepare him milk, orange juice, and mineral water.

"Babe, i'm only human, why are you give me all of this?" Yongguk get surprised when you fill all of cup in front of him.

"It's your vitamin, and nutritions. i know you're not sleep at all last night, don't start to argue and take it all" You answer him while you feed him with your spoon.

"how do you know?" another question from yongguk while munch his food.

"your eye bags" you said, "ah, and those thick smell of cigarettes. Ugh, you need shower before hit the bed" You scrunched your nose.

Yongguk sniffs his shoulder and smile. "i can not lie."

"see?" you finished your meal and headed to clean your dishes.

"where were you last night? we were celebrate Youngjae's birthday" Yongguk ask casually.

You filled with guilty. "i am really sorry, i know something was coming, but i can't remember what is it"

"he keep asking about where were you" Yongguk trying to blow up your fault. "and i can't answer since i can't reach you"

"i'll text him, i promised. Oh, should i buy him a present? what do you think?" you bite your bottom lip.

"no need, i already gave him, i said its from us" said Yongguk.

"really? thanks, babe.. i owe you much last night…" You kiss his cheeks and rush to the bathroom.

"no worries" Yongguk finished his orange juice. "so why your boss always take your time from me?"

"new project" You said from the bathroom.

"oh…" Yongguk nodded as if you could see him.

"and why were you up last night?" as you walked to your room.

"new projects" Yongguk answer while he trying to finished his second glass, milk. "SanE hyung came, and he said want to make new album"

"SanE oppa? You should collaborate with him!" You said as you trying to zip your skirt.

"yeah, we're talking about it until not realised the sun is coming" Yongguk clean up his dishes and go to your room. "Yah! what is that?too short." Yongguk stand behind you widened his eyes. "its revealed your skin too much, changed it, and it cold out there"

You rolled your eyes "Bang Yongguk will always nags and over-protective when he got no sleep…" you . "i have presentation later, must look nice" You said as you dig your wardrobe. When you about to wear the opaque, Yongguk hug you, and buried his face to your neck and start to trailed kisses.

"i miss you by the way" he keep hug you. "i miss you too, but i'm in hurry now, okay?" you politely dissed him. "so, dinner at home tonight?"

"okay… i'll pick you up" as he turn you to face him.

"great!" you jumped on him and peck him on the lips. Then you glanced at the clock and hurriedly finish your outfit. "okay, i'll be going first, be nice at home. see you tonight" you hugged him tight.

"okay, have a nice day babe, don't work too hard" as he pull you tighter.

"i.. can't breathe" you said while struggling under his arm. Both of you laughed. "rest well babe, bye…" he kissed your forehead.

You shut your door and go to the office. The day is run just like the day before. It just run continuously. And you didn't realised its already 6PM. You didn't realised until Yongguk text you.

"still at office?" you glanced at yongguk's text.

"yeah~ about to done in 30min.. where are you?" you replied him.

"i am really sorry, something came up, have to resolve something in studio,can't make it tonight"

"oh its too bad :( but come home soon after you get it done" You slightly feel disappointed.

"yes, i will. i am sorry :( love you"

"love you too"

"love you more" You packed all your things and walked out from your office. These kind routines are continuously happened. Its already 3 months since both you had real quality time. The longest conversation between them is only 20minutes before you hit the bed and its through a phone call. And the next day both of them careless about each other accompany. Its already one month after your got your promotions, now you are the creative director assistant, while Yongguk had new 3 clients that need his supervision since he is the producer. The sweetest thing between them is only through text messages. 

_______________________________________________

so, this is my first fanfiction. i'm sorry for any mistakes and tell me how do you think..

comments are welcome ^^ (i'm still figuring out how to work with this so, please bear with me)

thank you xoxo ;)