A Name among Thousands

A Name among Thousands

I was a junior in collage at BTs University . I had been dating a senior and in March i found attending his graduation. We were sitting high in the stadium,watching a very long ceremony and I was damn bored.The procession of students seemed endless,and the air horns were giving me a headache.It would be atlease another hour until his name was called. To pass time , I went to a table where the directory of graduates looking for my boyfriend's name.A name other than the one i was looking for caught my eye. Jeon Jungkook~ I had never met anyone with that last name. I jumped off the page at me.Laughing,I pointed it out quickly to my mom,then kept searching through the thousand of names.Little did i know I had just to picked out my future husband's name-nor did i know that fate would introduce us  a few short weeks later

 

 

The next month passed without much inciden.I had a summer pass to the campus gym.My relation with my boyfriend had deteriorated since graduation,So i spend a lot of my time at the gym playing basketball.A group of us played every Tuesday and Thrusday. That day before going to my class I decided to stop by the gym and see if the regular crew was there to play. The minute i walked in, I notice a new guy playing on the far court.

'Wow.He is Amazing!' I thought. He hadnt see me,but al i saw was him. I felt my face flush, and i knew i had to meet him. Luckly, I did. by the end of the afternoon , there were only enough people left for two teams of seven.I suppose to go to the class,but that would have left uneven teams. I knew i should leave, but i still hadn't officially accomplished my goal of meeting this new guy. when the game is over, The new guy, Jungkook (YES! I finally know his name) and his friend , Jimin asked me to go with them for a drinks. Basketball and drinks gradually became a weekly routine. Just Jungkook,Jimin and me. However, it wasnt until a few days i actually realized who this Jungkook guy was.

 

In other to check out a basketball,student use their ID cards.When the ball is returned, the ID is given back. One afternoon , I had to checked out the ball,but i had to leave before everyone is ready to leave. So my cute friend ,known simply to me as Brian , gave me his ID to exchange of mine. On the walk down the hall,I looked at his name. I got chills. It was Jeon Jungkook.

'If he had graduated, why was he at the campus gym?' I thought. Later i found out that he intended to move and live in US after graduation, but he couldnt bring himself to leave Seoul. And he had persuaded the gym to let him have a free summer membership.I was Stunned.He never should have been there.We should never have met. I hadn't ever put a lot of stock in Destiny, but i was becoming a believer.

 

By September we were dating. He took me to meet his parents and we laughed that we were all in that stadium,watching that same graduation ceremony. I knew after five months that he was the man I would marry. Looking at the graduation ceremony, I am now fully convinced that i didnt notice his name by any chance. It was just too unlikely. Thousand of names, and i saw his, which was later to become mine.