Last

Blue Blossom

It was summer.

 

Taekwoon felt something wet and fresh in his hand. Was it grass? He tried to open his eyes despite the pain on his back, only to meet the darkness of the night sky. Unlike the night before, there was no star at all.

 

“My head is- ugh.” He held his head, felt warm liquid trickling down through his fingers. The smell of grass, iron and smoke were getting stronger. Taekwoon looked around and saw-

 

Himself

 

He was really sure that was him from the same shirt they wore. But the difference was the real him was here, confused while the other him was lying on the grass beside the crushed car and face covered with blood. Only one thing appeared in his mind.

 

Where’s Hakyeon?

 

So he got up, completely ignored the pain in his head and went to the car. Lot of people started crowding the place but none of them dare to do anything except waiting for the ambulance. Whispers and rumours were everywhere, something like drunk driver and young couple. Taekwoon pushed himself and saw Hakyeon in the most pathetic way. His head was bleeding and his chest was stabbed with the glass window. Beside Hakyeon was his body, their pinky fingers intertwined together.

 

“Promise me, Taekwoon

Promise you wouldn’t leave me.”

 

The smell of blood fainted Taekwoon and his legs almost gave away but before he fell down someone had pulled him from the crowd to the place he was before. It was a guy, young and good looking, too angelic to be a man.

 

“Let me go. I want my Hakyeon back!” Taekwoon screamed, wondering how he still had his voice.

 

“He will never come back.” The guy calmly explained. “But you yes, you will.”

 

Taekwoon was perplexed. He sat down when felt his head was aching again. “I’m sorry- what?”

 

“My name is Hongbin and I’m the angel of Life. I take soul and sometime give.” He squatted near Taekwoon and whispered, “This time I give, to you.”

 

Taekwoon scoffed. “Angel? I’ve never seen angel who would walking around the Earth in jeans. Don’t make me laugh and now tell me why there are two me and what had happen.” Taekwoon felt like punching the guy beside him, trying to blame him for what had happen to Hakyeon and himself.

 

“Angels are not too stupid to reveal themselves to the human.” Hongbin laughed melodiously and stood. He pretended to wipe his jeans from grass and playing with the strings of his bubble gum pink hair.

 

“Anyway, there are no such thing as ‘two me’ because the real you is dead and you,” He pointed his long slender finger at Taekwoon. “- is just a soul.”

 

Taekwoon was left in shock while Hongbin kept talking, too deep in his thought to see the humiliated expression on Taekwoon’s face.

 

“So the story is today, 5 March of 2015 is the day you and your lover Hakyeon should die in a car crash. It was fine until I got informed that I shouldn’t take your soul away, yet.” He sighed and shook his head in regret.  “I never fail in my task before, you know. So here you are, standing between the lines of the World and the Afterlife.”

 

Before Taekwoon could say anything Hongbin had cut him. “And because this is a special case, you get choices though, unlike him.” Hongbin and Taekwoon looked at the lifeless Hakyeon on the bed, pushed towards the ambulance. Taekwoon held his chest, something was beating in it whenever he thought about Hakyeon.

 

He was not completely dead.

 

“First choice is you can just let me take your soul completely.” He cleared his throat and continued. “Second choice is you and your lover Hakyeon would forget this day and return to the past 10 years, so you can ‘recreate’ the destiny.” The angel threw a meaningful smile towards Taekwoon, making him suddenly nervous.

 

“I choose the second one. I want to live again.” Taekwoon decided.

 

“Oh you’re quite smart, trying to get away from me, huh.” Hongbin smirked. “Sure, I grant it.”

 

“But remember this one thing. Your fate will be the same if you meet Hakyeon. You will die on this day, in the same car and the same place with the same person.” Hongbin warned him coldly.

 

Before Taekwoon could do anything a bright light exploded and he immediately closed his eyes with his hands.

 

This must happen in his head, Taekwoon thought. I would wake up in my room and beside me was Hakyeon, still sleeping with his arms around my waist and breathed warm air on my chest.

 

It was just a nightmare.

 

///

 

It was summer.

 

Taekwoon walked without knowing what place he wanted to go. He just let his feet brought him anywhere.

 

Taekwoon was looking at the new Big Bang 2005 album in the album store when he spotted a small guy was getting out from the shop, hands full with brown paper bags.

 

It was Hakyeon.

 

You can do it, Taekwoon thought. He could just turn his back and walked to his house, pretended he never knew or met Hakyeon before. His head told him to just ignore Hakyeon so he could have a happy ending in his life but his heart wanted Hakyeon badly, that he could not resist and as the result, Taekwoon and Hakyeon were bumped to each other.

 

“Ouch!” Hakyeon groaned when the paper bag fell on his feet. Taekwoon quickly grabbed the bag and handed it to the grumbling man. Hakyeon took it though, eyes narrowed and mind thinking hard if he ever knew Taekwoon.

 

“I’m sorry.” Taekwoon finally spoke.

 

Get out from there now, Taekwoon!

Leave him alone!

 

But the memory came back.

 

“Promise me, Taekwoon.

Promise you wouldn’t leave me.”

 

“Hey are you alright?” Hakyeon patted Taekwoon’s shoulder softly and brought a determined smile on Taekwoon’s face.

 

“I’m fine.” His eyes got teary without his knowing. “By the way my name is Taekwoon, Jung Taekwoon.”

 

I would never leave you.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I might edit this fic when i have time but for now... i'll just leave it here