A present that will last forever

It's the most beautiful time of the year

Sorry to all if this story is just not what you were looking for...


Taemin was walking with his hands on his pockets, gloves weren't enough for the low temperature.

He could hear bells and jingles as he walked, a smile on his face at the thought of what was going about to happen that night.

Key should be preparing dinner by now. He could almost picture Jonghyun trying to help but being useless despite all his good intentions. Onew whining and complaining about not having anything to eat as Key wouldn't left him eat anything until 12pm when dinner started. And finally, Minho. He would always be kind to everyone, helping in all he could and never complaining about anything. He and Taemin always set up the christmas tree together, flashing a smile to each other every now and then, well actually, hey flasshed each other a smile all day long, but christmas smiles were always the best ones.

Taemin's smile grew wider at the thought of Minho, making him almost want to run and arrive to the Key's house already.

In a bag, he carried the presents he carefully chose for all. A deer wool sweater for Jonghyun, he had a collectionf of christmas sweaters Taemin gave him every year. A "chiken soup for the soul"book for Onew, and a expensive watch for Key.

For Minho, he had got the best present ever. It costed him a lot, but he managed to get it. It was a football t-shirt signed by a famous football player of Minho's favourite team.

-He is going to be so happy when he sees it - Taemin said outloud without even noticing it.

He stopped in front of the "sweet's n coffee" shop to drooll over the christmas cakes, cupcakes, cookies and chocolates that were being sold there.

-They look so delicious! - He said leaning in front of the glass to see the sweets closer. But he got too close and bumped his forehead into the cristal.

-Ouch! - He whined while rubbing his head.

-Carefull there - A girl with the store's apron warned him while giggling

-Hehe sorry - Taemin apologised scratching the back of his neck.

-No problem, I saw you watching the cookies, want one? - She ofered

-Really? Thank you!

-It's Christmas after all. Here, take one. The one you want.

Taemin let his bag down to pick one of the cookies she was offering him.

They were pretty big, you needed your both hands to grab one. One had a deer, other a snowman, another a snowflakes, and other one a Christmas tree.

He chose the Christams tree of course.

-Mery Christmas - Taemin said while walking away savoring the delicious cookie.

He finally arrived to Key's house, he ringed the door and soon it was opened. But a person he knew too well opened it, a girl. She had soft features, big eyes, long wavy dark brown hair. She was Minho's old childhood friend. He didn't like her too much, he knew they were just friends, but still...

Her smile grew wide when she saw Taemin.

-Hi! My mini Taeminnie minnie! I am so happy to finally see you again - She greeted while hugging Taemin tightly.

-H-hi - He answered a little annoyed

-Who is it Krystal? - Minho asked from behind.

When he saw who it was, he's eyes light up.

-Who is it? - Asked Key from the kitchen.

- It's Taemin! - Krystal answered while runing inside to the kitchen.

Taemin stayed standing in the door frame looking at Minho who was staring at him with his big eyes as well.

-Welcome - He greeted with his deep voice.

Only with that, Taemin blushed like crazy. Minho smiled, in a pleasant way of course.

-T-thanks

-Kyaaaa!My baby!! - Key yelled and run to hug him, or better said, strangled him.

-Umma, you know I love you but, I can't breath! - Managed to say, Taemin.

Key let him go, but Taemin didn't even have the chance to recover when Key drag him to the living room.

-You got to see this! 

It was an expectacular Christmas tree. Full of colors and accesories that perfectly matched.

-Krystal set it up with Minho, isn't it just perfect?

-"They did it without me" - Taemin thought sadly to himself, yet he managed to fake a smile and say:

- It is! Lucky I didn't have to do it myself - and he giggled lightly.

Minho was sad to hear that, he looked down to his feet.

Breaking Key's admiration of the tree, Krystal broke in yelling:

-Look who is here! - while draging Jonghyun into the room followed by Onew.

-Hey there Minnie! - Jonghyun greeted.

- Sup - Said Onew instead.

-Hi hyungs! Mery Christmas!

-Isn't it a bit early to say that? - questioned Onew

- Bull, it is never early to wish someone a mery Christmas, in fact it is recomendable to celebrate it before, while, and after!

- Right, right. You are not getting Chirstmas - Said Key

- Yet - Jonghyun completed

They all laughed.

- Ok, all of you, sit down, dinner is ready!

Everybody sat down. Onew at the table top, Jonghyun next to Key, Minho next to Krystal, and Taemin at the end of the table.

He would usually sit next to Minho, but Krytal sat down next to him before he could do anything.

- And one valentine he even sent me a paper flower made by himself. So sweet! - Krystal was telling the others stories about her and Minho.

Everyone kept on talking and laughing, but Taemin was rather silent. He didn't notice but Minho was looking at him all the time. Why was he so silent? Specially on Christmas.

When she started telling the story about their prom dance, Taemin excused himself to the bathroom for a moment.

-"Why did she have to be here today? Where did she come from anyways? Why is everyone so familiar with her? I am useless in everything next to her" - Taemin sighed, his self-pitty was then interrupted by someone who knocked the door.

-Taemin, are you ok?

It was Minho

-"How long did I take?" Y-Yeah I am fine!

He quickly washed his face, dried it with a towel and open the door. He was going to pass by Minho, looking at the floor, but the other's arm interrupted him. Taemin looked up to see what happened.

-Taemin~ - Minho said in a soft deep voice, looking at him with eyes of corncern.

They stayed looking at the other's eyes what looked like an eternity for them, until Krystal interrupted them.

-Hey guys, is time for desert.

-Right - Minho said while turning and walking to the table, Krystal around his arm, leaving  Taemin with nothing in his mind behind for a while until he reactioned and went to the table too.

-Ok, this is a very very special cake I made with my yeobo for us - Key said while walking out of the kitchen with a perfect white cream covered cake topped with a circle of strawberries.

Taemin, who had been walking looking to his feet, didn't see him and, naturally, they crashed.

The perfect cake flew into the air, everyone watched horrorised at the thought of such a nice cake distroyed in the floor. But, luckily, right before it fell, Krystal caught it on time, saving it from the disaster.

Everyone sightened in relief.

-Oh my god, thanks Krystal, if it wouldn't have been for you we would have lost the cake.- Thanked Key hugging Krystal tighly.

-You almost ruined dessert Taemin! - Jonghyun said playfully. But little did he know that Taemin was trully hurt by his words. He allready felt useless, and now, he was just on the bottom of a dark alley.

After dinner, it was time to open the gifts.

-ME FIRST! - Key yelled. -First, a present for my Yeobo- He gave Jonghyun a new shirt made by himself.

-I love it! Thanks Babe- And he gave Key a peck on his lips, Key blushed a little and hugged him while smiling.

-Awwww - Onew and Krystal said.

Minho was tapping his fingers on the table nervously.

After Jonghyun, Krytal, and Onew, Minho started reparting the gifts he brought.

He gave averyone one except for Taemin. He just hugged everyone and sat down on his sit again.

Taemin was so disapointed he was just about to cry until Key said:

-Your turn Minnie

He grabbed his bag and started giving each one their gift.

-Emmm sorry Krystal, I didn't know you were coming so I didn't bought you a present. - He sapologized.

When the time came for him to give Minho his present, the bag was empty.

-What?! No no no no no It has to be here! - He said running trhough the empty bag.

Everyone stared at him panic.

-It must have fell in the pastry shop!

-I-it´s ok Taemin - Minho said extending his arm intending to rub his back, but Taemin run out of the house without anybody being able to stop him.

-Taemin come back! - Yelled Key concerned.

-I'll go look for him - Minho said while grabbing his coat and putting on his gloves.

-I'll go with you! - Krystal said

-No - Minho answered with serious voice.

She stoped on her tracks and stayed in the house while Minho left.

It was a cold winter. Minho was very worried, Taemin had run out with nothing but the sweater he was wearing. But he didn't know where the hell was that pastry Taemin had mention before. He stuck his hands on his pockets and started to play with the little box he had inside them.

On the other hand, Taemin was rushing to the "Sweet's n Coffee" shop.

-Please be there, stupid box! I have done enough to ruin this Christmas. Please be there!

He finally arrived to the place but, obviously, it was closed.

-Nooooo! Why me god? Why me? - He punched the door with his fists and slowly slid to his knees on the cold snow on the pavement while tears slowly fell down his cheeks.

-Are you ok? - A voice behind him asked.

-No - He answered without even turning back.

-Hey, you are the guy from before!

Taemin finally turned to see who was interrupting his sad scene.

-O-oh, hi - He said sadly.

-What's wrong?

-I ruined Christmas

-I'm sure you didn't, what happened?

-Someone else made a better tree than I, I almost made the desert crush on the floor, and I lost the perfect present I was going to give to... someone...

-Well, I don't see anything ruuined in what you just told me

-I am worthless

-No, I can see that you are a very nice person. And if you think forgetting a present for whom seems to be very special to you is that important, you should know that: The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.

Taemin stood sitting in the floor for a while.

Wath she said made a lot of sense.

His feelings were strong and pure,is it enough for him?

-Do you think, that person will accept my gift?

-I thought you said you lost it

-No, my new gift, my heart

She just smiled and patted him on the shoulder.

-I think... that you should find it out yourself.

When Taemin stood up and turned around to see her, she was gone, but the box in which his gift was was there. He smiled and took it although he didn't need it anymore.

He was runing back to Key's house, he was rushing right in front of the giant Chirstmas tree, when he bumped into someone, he was going to keep on runing, but that someone prevented him from doing so by grabing him from his shoulders.

-Taemin!

Taemin looked up to see who it was

-M-minho!

-Are you ok?

-Yes - Taemin blushed at the other's concerne.

-Never run away like that again

-Ok... Oh, I found your present!

Minho smiled, he was nervous again.

-W-wait - He stuttered while blushing - I have something for you first

Minho reached a little box he had on his pocket.

-He-here - He extended his hand to him while looking away from Taemin to hide his blushing.

Taemin, a little confused by his actions took the box and opened it.

It contained a beautifull blue sapphire pendant in the shape of a heart. It had only the size of his thumbnail, but it was more than enough.

-For me? really?

-Y-yes... I w-w-ant y-you... I want you to have my heart. Do you accept it?

Taemin lowered his face so Minho didn't know what was his reaction.

-Taemin?

He raised his face to reveal a bright smile with teary eyes.

-Hyung, you don't even have to ask that. Of course!

Minho smiled like crazy with that big smile he has.

-Taemin, can I have your heart?

-No

-W-what?

-Because it has always been yours. Let me give you your present now.

He droped the package he was holding and wrapped his arms around Minho's neck, killing the space between their lips with a kiss. Surprised at first, Minho then started to follow the kiss feeling how soft and kind those lips were, moving slowly and carefull aginst them as if the boy he was know holding tighly in his arms would break. The lights of the tree who where off, suddenly light up behind them from the bottom to the star on top, like if their love was actually brighting the town.

-I love you - Taemin said while pulling back and lying his forehead on Minho's and smiling.

-I love you too

They started walking back home.

-Are you cold? - Minho asked Taemin

-Achooo!

-I think that´s a yes

He took one of his gloves off and gave it to Taemin.

-Use this

-But my other hand would still be cold - He stated as if it was too obvious

Minho smiled

-Then hold my hand

Taemin catched the hint and blushed. They walked home slowly, enjoying the moment, words were needless.

 

Taemin had teary eyes at the memory, he was covering his mouth with the back of his hand.

Back then he could never had imagined how loving Minho could be. Of course he always took care of him, but BEING with him was like heaven. He was always so kind and caring

Minho took his hand in his.

-Can I get my present now? - He asked with eyes

-Of course

Minho closed his eyes and leaned down a little, Taemin stood up in his tippy toes and pecked him on the lips.

-I love you - Taemin said once again

Minho pecked him on the lips now

-And I love you too

When they walked home everything was dark and colorfull lights brighted their path home.

Once they were there, not one light was on.

Minho entered first, but he didn't the lights. When Taemin entered, littles candles spread all over the house started to light up around them.

-What is this? - Taemin asked.

-Merry aniversary - Minho said hugging him from behind as Taemin watched surprised and moved by the beautiful scene.

- M-minho this is wonderful!

A tear fell down his cheek.

-Everything for my Minnie

Minho sweped the tear from Taemin's cheek with his thumb.

-Ok ok ok let's stop this before I throw up - Interrupted Jonghyun with his hands in the air while coming out of the kitchen.

-Kyaaaa! My baby is soooo cute! - Key yelled fangirlging behind him

-It was almost as watching a drama - Onew said also whiping maginary tears from his eyes.

Minho sighed letting go of Taemin.

-Hyungs! Can't you stuck the simple plan I told you?! - Minho nagged

-We intended to at first, but after a while, so much cheessenes and fluffyness almost killed me

-It wouldn't hurt if you did something romantic to me, you know? - Key complained while glaring at Jonghyun.

-Just wait until tonigh - He simply answered before winkin at Key who rolled his eyes.

-Ok, let's forget the forever alone me standing invisible next to you all gay bastards - Onew said sarcastically

-Awwww Hyung you know we all love you!

And with that, all of then embraced him on a bone crushing comunal hug.


Thanks for reading, and never forget that the best present anyone can recieve or give is love ^^

Subscribe to ME and stay alert for all my wonderfull fanfictions and oneshots!

 

 

 

MERY CHIRSTMAS!!

 

(It is never too soon ;)

pd: sorry for any kind of mistake (_ _)