[1/1]

Home

please read a/n at the end & thank you! 



Raking his fingers through his hair, he hits the space bar before leaning back into his chair. Removing his earphones the sound of the tv fills up the air, junhyung didn’t recall leaving it on though he remembers switching it off before holing himself up in his room to get on with his work but that’s about it.

A loud bark broke him out of his trance until he remembered it could only be a certain someone who would only enter his apartment like it’s their own.

“And what’s your excuse this time?”

Hyunseung looked back to find junhyung staring at him, unfazed by the intimidating look hyunseung picked up hyungnim and setting him onto his lap as he sits up. “Am I not allowed to just hang out with my dearest hyungnim?” hyunseung pouted holding hyungnim against his chest; junhyung rolled his eyes as he moved over to sit down next to hyunseung.

Junhyung wasn’t annoyed or mad at all that hyunseung had come over once again without telling him, in fact he was used to it, at first it scared the hell out of junhyung thinking that it was a burglar he remembered giving hyunseung a long lecture about how he should tell him that he was coming over before entering. But that speech ended up going through one ear to the other, so junhyung didn’t bother anymore but he has considered changing where he hides the spare key but he never did change the hiding place anyway.

“Hey Jun have you eaten yet? It’s almost eight thirty you know?” junhyung watched as hyungnim leap out of hyunseungs lap making his way to greet junhyung with his tail frantically moving behind him, picking the happy pup up junhyung placed a kiss against its nose right before he setting hyungnim down in his lap. His ears perked up hearing a snicker from beside him.

Shooting a glare at the intruder junhyung ignored the giggle, “I haven’t eaten yet, what time did you arrive anyway.”

“about thirty minutes ago I was going to greet you but you were in your working mode, so I decided to kill time by playing with hyungnim” hyunseung placed a can of coke in front of junhyung which he gladly took “I fed him by the way, poor guy was waiting for you.” Junhyung felt a pang of guilt at the image of hyungnim waiting for him he looked over to see the pup occupying himself with a squeaky bone that was punctured with teeth marks. “Thanks for feeding him.”

hyunseung smiled “Don’t worry about it; I know how you can get when you immerse yourself in your work. So I’ll take my thanks in the form of you buying dinner of course.” Junhyung scoffed, but smiled nonetheless “fine that seems fair.”



The first time they met was awkward at first; junhyung had heard that someone new had moved in next to him. He often wondered if he should greet his neighbour but he never did in the end (he was terrible at being social with other people). It was three days later when he was at home watching tv with hyungnim when the doorbell rang.

And there was hyunseung smiling sheepishly at junhyung, he remembers listening to the other stammer over his own words as he explains that he had accidentally locked himself out, he even remembered seeing the tips of hyunseungs fluster pink in embarrassment.

Junhyung of course let the other in, while he quickly shoved away the mess around in the living room; he wasn’t expecting any visitors and he at least wanted to make a decent impression of himself. Hyunseung sat himself down as junhyung offered him any snacks or drinks; he ended up letting hyunseung borrow his phone since his one was at his apartment. As he left the other to sort it out hyungnim had woken up from his nap and was intrigued by the new visitor in the living room.

In the middle of the call hyungnim sat himself in front of hyunseung watching the other chat away after he had ended the call he was startled by the sudden appearance of the pup staring straight at him, hearing hyunseungs alarmed gasp junhyung immediately made his way back in the living room.

“Is everything okay?” he watched as hyunseung and hyungnim had engaged themselves into a mini staring contest.

“Uh sorry I should’ve mentioned that I have a dog, you’re not allergic are you?” Hyunseung broke from the stare “ah I’m not I just realised that our outfits match, looks like one of us has to change.” looking over at the two he had realised that their clothing were similar, after that junhyung had learned more about as hyunseung.

He worked as an illustrator in mainly advertisement for magazines so majority of the time he spends his time in his own converted studio at his apartment working on rough drafts and meeting up with clients, what junhyung had found interesting about hyunseung was the fact that the other loved dancing and still does at one of his friends workshop.

Once hyunseung had finally got access to his own apartment junhyung had come to a conclusion that his new neighbour was actually okay, or so he thought for the first few weeks.

It didn’t’ take long for hyunseung to appear at junhyungs doorstep again two days later, the oldest claimed how his washing machine had broken down while holding a basket full of laundry. Junhyung was sceptical at first but how could he turn down hyunseung when he practically had the laundry in his hands (plus it was raining outside making it a hassle to find the nearest laundromat).

The third time hyunseung came over was only four days after the broken down washing machine, apparently hyunseungs internet was being dreadfully slow therefore it was acceptable for him to hop over and hog junhyungs internet. It was only the third time and junhyung was starting to get annoyed and it didn’t help that hyungnim had took a liking to hyunseung, how in the hell could hyunseung get along with hyungnim within only around two weeks and it took junhyung almost a month.

A month.

Without junhyung realising it himself he was slowly getting used to hyunseung being around at his apartment so much that there was a point where he thought he was living with hyunseung. Throughout the times hyunseung was over he gradually found himself looking forward to seeing him especially listening to hyunseungs unique thoughts hey Jun do you think caterpillars actually know that they’re gonna be a butterfly or do they just build a cocoon and be like what am I doing

Instead of being irritated and angry with hyunseung constantly being around so much he became content and comfortable with the others presence and yet, it honestly scares him.

It scared junhyung on how quickly he was getting attached to hyunseung.


 

It was at the peak of spring and junhyung was in his room, head on his desk as he stared blankly out the window. The heavy rain definitely suited the atmosphere right now, sighing for the tenth time in an hour he peaked behind him to see hyungnim on his bed looking bored. He probably wanted to go outside sitting up in his chair junhyung patted his lap catching hyungnims attention.

The puppy ecstatically jumped down making his way to junhyung now standing up pawing at junhyungs leg with his tail gleefully wagging away, he smiled at his puppy bringing him up onto his lap gently to gently scratch behind his ear.

“Today has been really boring huh?” hyungnim leaned into junhyungs touch as the other slumped back into his chair.

“Definitely.”

In a split second junhyung looked behind him to see hyunseung grinning from the doorway, “Do you insist on giving me a heart attack every day?” plopping himself on the bed, hyungnim happily heads over to where hyunseung is welcoming the other with happy yelps.

“Why is Mr grumpy extra grumpy today?” hyungnim finally settles down sprawling himself over hyunseungs lap, junhyung was envious at the carefree life hyungnim was living.

Sighing heavily junhyung props his head into his palm, the patter of the rain hitting against the window was slowly becoming louder. “The weathers crap and I keep restarting my work over again and again.” Hyunseung manoeuvred himself so he was lying at his side facing junhyung with hyungnim cuddling into his chest.

“well if I were you I would just take a break there’s no point of pushing yourself over the edge when you’re clearly stuck in a dead end, when s the deadline for?”, hyunseung just almost missed junhyung mumble how it wasn’t due until about two weeks.

“you’ve got plenty of time until then so there don’t worry about it so much.” it’s true that junhyung had a quite a lot of time until then but he wanted to get this done perfectly and as soon as possible.  Junhyung worked as a producer at a studio and occasionally grew into writing and composing his own songs, most of the time for other people. He loved his job even though he may not express it well; he was still happy that he was finally able to do what he loves.

“Can I listen to it?” junhyung swore his heart leaped out from his mouth.

“Um sure.” He had absolutely no idea why he was getting nervous, this was just hyunseung asking to listen to it. Junhyung had major clients asking if they could hear a preview of his tracks and without hesitation junhyung would play it, but in this situation he was hesitating. It’s only hyunseung why the hell am I being so paranoid? He could already feel a wave of anxiety wash through him as his finger hovered over the spacebar.

“I’m sure it’s not that bad as you think.” Hyunseung spoke out as if he could tell how worried the other was. The room was then bursting with harmonious beats and a range of instruments blending into one tune, the rhythm carried away junhyungs overwrought thoughts as if it had taken a mountain off his shoulders. “What do you think?”

“I like it a lot actually, how about you hyungnim?” raising the pup in front of him “hyungnim said he likes it too and that you should let me sleep over for the night.”

“But you live right next door.”

“Sometimes I just need to get away from it all.”

“Did you just quote Patrick from SpongeBob? – hey don’t pretend to sleep on my bed!”



Next week junhyung found himself with more uninvited guests over at his apartment judging by the amount of shoes piled by the doorway, at this point junhyung wondered if he’ll ever have alone time in peace, which obviously won’t be happening anytime soon.

“Welcome home junhyung~ how was your day?” walking into the living room he found doojoon sprawled over his sofa with a grinning yoseob next to him playing with yanggaeng in his lap. Junhyung huffed at the sight of the two, “why are you guys even here.”

“That’s not how you should treat your guests.” kikwang was sitting by the kitchen counter playing some game on his phone. Before junhyung could scold them, his front door opened again revealing dongwoon holding two full plastic bags.

“Oh, hi hyung.” The maknae nervously smiled upon seeing junhyungs irritated face.  Dongwoon quickly scurried pass him to set the plastic bags on top of the kitchen counter where kikwang was, as soon as the bags were settled on the counter the duo on the couch made a bee line towards the counter scavenging over what the maknae had bought for them.

Junhyung stood there scowling at the four who were completely oblivious to junhyungs threatening glares, it didn’t take long before hyungnim came dashing in to greet junhyung. Picking up hyungnim junhyung happily returned the greeting, “look at these freeloaders, I should start charging people for coming in right hyungnim?”

“We’re right here ya know.” Doojoon said snatching the bag of prawn crackers despite kikwang whining in the background Hyung I was gonna eat that. Junhyung set hyungnim down as the pup ran off to where yanggaeng was, “and why exactly shouldn’t I throw you all out?”

“Because we miss you hyung.” Piped dongwoon, “yeah, and yanggaeng missed hyungnim.” Yoseob reached over for the packet of sweets.

”I only came here because I was bored honestly – nah I’m joking I missed my lovely junhyung of course.” Added doojoon, junhyung rolled his eyes as Yoseob patted the empty seat next to him.

Now sitting around the messy counter junhyung joined the rest scavenging over the snacks and drinks (he was exceptionally glad kikwang handed over a six-pack of coke). With all five of them finally gathered together the atmosphere in room instantly brightened up with laughter and jokes being playfully thrown at each other for just a moment junhyung felt as if time had frozen over in their own little world.

About an hour and a half later the sun slowly began to sink down, the kitchen counter was left scattered with empty wrappers and half eaten snacks. Junhyung would’ve normally scolded them for making such mess, but decided to let it go for now. “Anyway how’s hyunseung?”

“Hyunseung is fine I guess.”  Drinking his third coke can, “eh I thought you and hyunseung hyung were going out?” asked dongwoon.

Junhyung choked.

“Gross hyung you got coke spluttered over the snacks.” Kikwang said trying to save what’s left; Yoseob passed junhyung some tissues while doojoon was laughing in the background. After regaining his composure junhyung threw a scowl at the eldest who continued snickering beside Yoseob, “no we’re not going out at all.”

Yoseob caught kikwangs glance from across, catching the hint the both of them looked over to junhyung furiously downing his drink even though his face was tinted pink. Kikwang propped his elbow on the counter with his palm underneath his chin, “are you sure about that hyung? Your face says otherwise.”

“Yeah Jun, we don’t have anything against you dating hyunseung hyung at all. Honestly I was hoping he would be here.” Yoseob frowned, “seob, can you imagine both junhyung and hyunseung together? Honestly I would feel sorry for hyunseung hyung.”

“Poor hyunseung hyung having to deal with someone like junhyung, I guess love does mysterious things to people.” Yoseob sighed.

The first time they had met hyunseung the rest of them barged into junhyungs apartment (without permission of course and it was doojoons idea) to find a stranger playing with hyungnim on the Floor, after spending the next couple of mins going through awkward introductions it turns out that junhyung had went out to the grocery store not long ago.

when junhyung got back he was surprised to see all five of them sprawled around the living room, they all got along well with hyunseung considering how awkward and weird he can be.

“I’m this close to kicking all of you annoying people out.”

Dongwoon peaked over beside kikwang, “I think it’s pretty obvious that you like hyunseung hyung, I mean for the past weeks all you’ve been talking about is hyunseung and if it was anyone else constantly coming over at yours then you would’ve kicked them out permanently or something ages ago – hyung! Don’t throw the coke can at me.”

There was no point of arguing with the three, the idiots were too stubborn for their own good crossing his arms together junhyung frowned at them. “Doojoon say something.”

“Sorry I wasn’t listening.” doojoon had disappeared during the teasing to play with hyungnim and yanggaeng, sitting up on the living room floor with the two puppies’ bouncing around him.

“Stop teasing junhyung with his little crush.”

“It’s not a crush and I don’t even like him that way!”

“Whatever you say Mr I’m-in-denial, by the way can I have hyunseung hyungs number?” Yoseob passed dongwoon the packet of wafer biscuits.

“I don’t have his number.”

“You don’t have his number?!”

 

It’s been about a two weeks since the four of them had invaded his apartment, and strangely enough it’s also been a while since hyunseung had last visited. Junhyung groaned he knew it; he was definitely becoming attached to hyunseung however he would never admit it out loud especially to Yoseob. 

Without hyunseung around his apartment was quiet almost silent if it wasn’t for the sound of the ticking clock in the living room and the sound of the TV left on in the background. Sure it was peaceful, but junhyung couldn’t help the withdrawal of hyunseungs usual antics around him.

With hyunseung around him everything was livelier, hyunseung brought colour to his apartment.

Junhyung had nothing to do, he had finished his composition two days ago and gave it in. after being free from the burden of working on it until the early mornings junhyung gave his apartment a complete clean over, he had managed to be updated with his shows, spent time with hyungnim, and here he was now.

Sitting on the sofa mindlessly watching the wall across him with hyungnim asleep next to him, the curtain by his balcony door fluttered into the corner of his eye evrytime the wind blew in through the crack of the door.

Junhyung was dead bored. Sighing at loud he started to wonder what hyunseung was up to? Maybe hyunseung had been just busy with his own work or perhaps hyunseung isn’t at home and he was kidnapped whilst on his way home from the corner shop, junhyung shook his head waking up his pup earning a curious look from hyungnim. I’m sure he’s fine he’s probably just really busy Turning over he was now facing the sofa with his back exposed, deciding it was best to take a nap junhyung slowed down his breathing as he let his limbs relax melting into the sofa Finally clearing his mind junhyung let himself drift off to sleep.

Well he tried to that is. 

Junhyung sat up; he was getting restless by the second. Reaching for his phone he opted to text hyunseung until he realised he didn’t even have the others number. Mentally scolding himself he went with his last option, which was actually going over to hyunseungs. It wasn’t like junhyung wasn’t worried about hyunseung or missed him he just wanted to see what the other was up to lately, of course.

“Come on hyungnim.” Hyungnim woken up making his way with his paws pattering against the floor with every step, as soon as junhyung found his keys the sound of the front door being unlocked echoed through the room. It was hyunseung, but something was off about him.

Without saying a word hyunseung slowly let himself in the apartment toeing off his shoes by the door, “I’m just gonna go and rest for a minute.” Junhyung watched warily as hyunseung stumbled his way into the living room flopping himself onto the sofa.

Rushing to hyunseung junhyung found him passed out on his side, he watched hyunseungs chest rise and fall before him he let his eyes roam over the others face, a frown etched itself onto his own. Junhyung could see the dark crescent moons imprinted beneath the eyelashes it was evident that hyunseung was exhausted, the strands of hyunseungs hair brushed against his knuckles as he felt how warm the other was.



When hyunseung woke up two hours later he found himself strangely comfortable it took a moment for him to remember what had just happen before everything blanked out. He realised that there was something heavy on his chest stopping him from sitting up properly, blinking away the blurry view it was none other than hyungnim curled up sleeping away. Hyungnim? Then it hit him. He had remember stumbling into junhyungs apartment and claiming that he was going to nap for a bit and that was about it.

“Hey, how are you feeling?” hyunseung turned to see junhyung approach him as he settled the steaming mug on the table, “I’m fine, I’m sorry that I fell asleep” hyunseung apologised.

 Junhyung shifted in his seat he could only realise how tired the other was judging by the appearance, not only did the dark eye bags became more evident it was also how hyunseung had become slimmer. The cheeks that would puff up whenever he laughed had slimmed down quite a bit, junhyung couldn’t help but want to know what had happen.

“Well it’s more like you passed out instead.”

hyunseung was stunned, “I passed out?!” the yell caused hyungnim to stir in his sleep.  “Yeah, it turns out you actually had a fever so I took care of you while you were out.” The tips of hyunseungs ears began to burn, knowing himself he probably was snoring since he’d been told by his older sister that he had this habit of snoring loudly whenever he was really tired.

“Thanks for taking care of me and sorry if I was being a burden” avoiding junhyungs stare he focused on the steam dancing out of the mug disappearing into the air.

“Don’t worry about it and you aren’t a burden at all, if you don’t mind me asking what you have been up to for the past couple of days – I mean it’s just that you know hyungnim missed you a lot since you’re always here.” This time it was junhyung avoiding hyunseungs eyes.

“oh right, I’ve been doing a collab work with another illustrator and I guess I’ve been so focused on it that I didn’t even realise that I had a fever, so I definitely owe you.” Hyunseung smiled appreciatively at junhyung unaware of how tight the others chest became almost making it painful for him to breathe.

Hyungnim chose the right time to wake up gladly showering hyunseung with kisses, junhyung watched as hyunseung returned hyungnims kisses onto the pups’ face, if hyungnims tail could move any faster junhyung was sure he would’ve been flying by now. The sound of hyunseungs laughter resonated through the air and junhyung swore he felt as if he was a pirate and hyunseung was the siren, he felt at ease with the other nearby whether hyunseung was poking around his stuff or he was just in sight playing with hyungnim.

junhyung felt warm inside, as if hyunseung was his home and he never wanted to leave but to just bask himself completely in the addictive warmth.

“Since you said you owe, can you do me a favour then?” Hyunseung sat up feeling the pillow move behind his back, “sure what is it?”

“Go out with me.”

He said it. Junhyung finally gave in and he could already feel his hands becoming clammy and for a moment he was worried that hyunseung would hear his heart rapidly smashing against his chest, junhyung was anxious as hell he felt as if he was going to pass out any second.

hyunseung stopped petting hyungnim to look up straight at junhyung (he could’ve sworn he saw the other flinch when their eyes made contact) the atmosphere around them painfully dragged on without an answer and junhyung was sure he was going to explode.

“Sure, we can go out I mean – we can go out tomorrow as my treat since you took care of me.”

He almost choked on his own saliva, hyunseung was missing the point but that was junhyungs fault for not being specific. Clearing his throat he asked again “no I mean as a date because I like you – as in like like you” junhyung was positive he was just digging deeper in his own grave but it’s not like he can back out now.

Hyunseung let the words sink into his head, junhyung liked him and junhyung wants to go out with him as in a date where they would hold hands and eat dinner together. First of all hyunseung wanted to slap himself for taking it the wrong way, secondly he wanted to slap himself again for being oblivious to junhyungs feelings. Hyunseung looked at junhyung and saw junhyungs eyes dance with confidence and worry; even with junhyungs determined gaze he could see the pink litter across his cheeks and honestly hyunseung found this side of junhyung cute.

Inwardly shaking his head hyunseung broke contact and fiddled with the sleeve of his jumper, it was evident that junhyung brought up a lot of courage to ask him out and he needed to give junhyung an answer.

“um thank you – I like you too but” junhyung mentally prepared himself “probably not the way you like me however I wouldn’t mind – giving us a try that is” he was completely floored,  junhyung was so sure that he was going to be flat out rejected.

Hyunseung hung his head low, despite his eyes covered by his bangs the tips of his ears were flushed red and junhyungs voice was caught in his throat. Hyunseung was willing to give him a chance, willing to give them a chance.

“Do you really mean it? You don’t have to if it’s just because of the favour or because –“hyunseung shot his head up “I really do mean it, I want to give us a try.” And that was enough to start fireworks in his chest.

Junhyung couldn’t help but grin “since when were you this cute?” hyunseung sneered as hyungnim manoeuvred his head under hyunseungs palm wanting his attention.

“I’m not cute, I’m handsome.” Junhyung rolled his eyes but he was still smiling nonetheless, “well would handsome mind having pizza for dinner?”

“you’ll be paying right? Hyungnim don’t you think junhyung should pay?”

Somethings don’t ever change and hopefully junhyung would remember to ask for hyunseungs number this time.


 


Hey look I’ve finally finished this after how long ahahaaha (ノ*゜▽゜*) okay I have two excuses why this took so long which is because of my uni work and pokemon alpha sapphire. I honestly find it really annoying that when I get my work done and bring it my teacher isn’t in and this has been happening a lot (ര̀⍨ര́)و ̑̑༉ 
also pkmn isn’t really much of an excuse but ive just been playing it a lot lately lmaoo but honestly I’ve been working on this bit by bit every other day just that I never had the chance to fully complete this until I was happy with it. So I’m sorry if this was poop I’ve had a major writing block for a while.

anyway looky a contribution to junseung!! Also happy belated birthday to me, yongguk, and kikwang!! I’m going to write a kiwoon one shot for kikwangs belated birthday even though its already april which will be up soon (ง ´͈౪`͈)ว

on the last note I have a two week easter break so I’ll be writing up any prompts if anyone one wants to requessstttt~??  You can ask at my tumblr since I’m on there a lot, thank you for reading until the very end!! ( *¯ ³¯*)♡