Revealed

Beauty in Disguise

A gush of wind hit Nichkhun’s face as he open the door to the rooftop of the hospital. He made his way through the rooftop garden trying to find Tiffany until he heard someone singing. Enchanted by her sweet angelic voice, he followed the sound to find the source. Nichkhun halted behind the girl was looking over the city. Her long wavy brown hair blew gently as a cool breeze brushed past. Nichkhun’s lip curved into a gentle smile seeing the familiar figure. He sneaked up behind her and surprised her by wrapping his arms around her, giving her a back hug and a peck on the cheek.

“So this is where you’ve been hiding.” Nichkhun whispered in Tiffany’s ears.

Tiffany jumped in surprised. She was too absorbed in her own thoughts that she didn’t take notice of any of her surroundings. She had even forgotten that Nichkhun would be here to pick her up. Her dad sent her a message this morning telling her that he couldn’t pick her up when she gets discharge and instead he sent Nichkhun in his place.

“How did you find me?” Tiffany questioned as she turned around to embrace him taking in his warmth.

“When you weren’t in your room, I figured you’d be here.” Replied Nichkhun.

Tiffany was the first to break their hug. There was something on her mind that she wanted to get out of the way, something that she needed to tell Nichkhun. Nichkhun held Tiffany’s hand sensing that what she was about to tell him was hard for her to say. Tiffany could feel the strength and support he was giving her. It was time for her to open up.

“I want you to come somewhere with me” Tiffany requested.

 

They made their way by taxi to the place Tiffany wanted to show him, stopping at a flower shop on the way. They walked past rows of tombstones before halting in front of one of them. Tiffany gazed at her mother’s name on the tombstone wistfully as she crouched down to place the bouquet of pink roses. Pink roses were her mother’s favourite flowers and whenever she saw them Tiffany would be reminded of her mother. Nichkhun stared at the tombstone before his eyes followed Tiffany’s movements as she gently placed the flowers down. Nichkhun kept silent as he watched over her. Tiffany took a moment and gathered her courage to tell Nichkhun about her past.

 “You know Nichkhun, you’ve always been by my side ever since I met you and I am really grateful to have someone as amazing as you beside me.” Tiffany began, “When I was small, I lost my mother. She was kidnapped and murdered.”

Tiffany’s voice started to become shaky at the topic. It felt like something was stuck in preventing her from speaking. However, she tried her best to continue.  

“I was the first to find her body and I still remember that scene crystal clear in my mind as if it just happened. It used to haunt me every night. My parents were everything to me. They both have done everything they could to make me happy and to protect me even if that meant putting themselves in danger. When my mother was kidnapped, I felt guilty. At that time, I was also supposed to be kidnapped along with my mother but she hid me so they couldn’t find me. It was all my fault that she died. She died to protect me.”

Tiffany took a long pause to try and compose herself. Her eyes were starting to water but she wouldn’t allow herself to cry. After regaining her strength she continued.

“I knew my mother would have wanted me to move on and to live my life happily. So I tried my best to do that for her.”

Tiffany stood up and faced Nichkhun, looking directly at his eyes. She gave her most genuine eye smile.

“I’m glad I was able to move on otherwise I wouldn’t be standing here right now with you.”

Nichkhun’s lips curved into a smile at Tiffany’s statement. She was one strong girl that has been through so much. He was glad that he was able to help her get through everything. Nichkhun wanted to greet Tiffany’s mother properly. He bowed 90 degrees to Tiffany’s mother’s grave before saying out loud, “There’s no need to worry. I will protect and make your daughter happy in your place.”

The wind whistled peacefully as is blew gently past. Nichkhun felt like it was whispering to him. Telling him ‘I know you will’. Tiffany slipped her fingers into Nichkhun’s. ‘Thank you’ Tiffany whispered one last time to her mother before they made their way out.

 

They decided to take a stroll at a nearby park, taking in the fresh air. Although Nichkhun was happy that Tiffany was able to open up to him, he was still troubled by one thing. Tiffany noticed something was wrong and decided to speak up.

“What’s troubling you? It’s okay you can ask me anything. I don’t want to keep any secrets from you.”

Nichkhun hesitated at first but then spoke out his mind. “Bora mentioned that this incident wasn’t the first time you were kidnapped. What did she mean?”

Tiffany took a moment to gather her thoughts. She was eventually going to tell him anyways and now was the perfect time. “Well after my mother’s incident we moved houses. It wasn’t too long after my mother’s kidnapping that they found us again and kidnapped me. If it wasn’t for Bora and my father, I don’t think I would be here right now. To be honest at that time I didn’t think I would survive. It was because I sort of gave up on life. I gave up on trying. I didn’t really see a reason to live.”

Tiffany paused for a moment before continuing. “All my life I have always been surrounded by people who only care about money, looks and status. They would do anything to take advantage of you. They would pretend to be there for you but when you need them the most they disappear. There was this person, my ex boyfriend in fact, who I thought was different. I felt like I could trust him and I felt safe around him but it turns out he was just like everybody else. He… actually saw me getting kidnapped but he just stood there and watched me as I struggled. I never saw him after that. When I went to talk to him about it, they said he had moved. After that I just couldn’t no I wouldn’t let myself open up to anybody. That’s why I decide to disguise myself, so I could see everyone’s true colours from the start. I guess I also hid myself because I was afraid. I didn’t want to get hurt again. I would have rather been bullied than to experience that again.”

“That bastard.” Nichkhun snapped, rolling his fist into a ball. Tiffany tightened her grip on his hands and smiled.

“But it’s okay now. I don’t blame him anymore. In that situation I don’t think I would have known what to do either. I’ve decided to take this experience and look at it in a positive light. If all these incidents didn’t occurred, I wouldn’t be the person I am now and I don’t think I would have been able to meet you either. So I’m glad that everything has happened.”

Nichkhun’s expression softened. “Come on, let’s go home.”

 

The next day, Tiffany was a bit startled to see Nichkhun sitting comfortably in her living room but at the same time, she was also glad to see him. This time it was Tiffany’s turn to surprise him. She slowly tiptoed quietly, sneaking behind him. She covered Nichkhun’s eyes, gently placing her hands over his eyes.

“Guess who?” Tiffany whispered playfully.

Nichkhun grinned as he placed his hands over hers, slowly removing her hands from his eyes. Nichkhun turned around and gave Tiffany a kiss on her lips.

“Did you miss me?” He replied teasingly. Tiffany’s cheeks flushed red. She was still a bit shy around him but she knew she would slowly get use to it. Nichkhun couldn’t help but smile at her cuteness.

“Why are you here so early anyways?” Tiffany questioned, trying to calm herself down by fanning her cheeks with her hands, which didn’t really help.

“From today I’m going to walk with you to school. Or do you not want that?”

Tiffany shook her head furiously.

“Good.” Nichkhun said patting her head.

“By the way you’re still going to wear your disguise to school?” Nichkhun asked noticing that she was still wearing her disguise.

Before Tiffany was going to answer, she was about to plop down beside Nichkhun but instead Nichkhun pulled her into his lap and wrapped his arms around her so she wouldn’t escape.

“Yeah.” Tiffany said as calmly as possible but her heart was pounding so fast. “I think it’s for the best until we graduate.”

“It doesn’t matter, I support your decision either way. Plus at least other guys won’t be fawning all over you so I can have you all to myself.”

“Hmmm... Jealous I see.” Tiffany teased, giving him a little flick on the forehead. “Come on we should get going otherwise we will be late for school.”

“So what if I am. You’re mine and I want to show it to everyone.”

“Yes Sir.” Tiffany replied playfully, giving Nichkhun a salute before running away, while Nichkhun chased after her.

 

Tiffany made it to class just in time before the bell rang. Sitting down in her seat, she got out her books ready to learn. The teacher entered the classroom introducing the class to a new transfer student. Chatter started to fill the room as everybody became excited. Tiffany did not pay any attention until the transfer student had entered. Her jaw dropped in surprise as she saw him walk into the room. ‘What is he doing here?’ She wondered.

“Everybody, I would like you to welcome our new student, Siwon.” The teacher announced.

 


Hello everyoneeee!!!! <3 :D I think i jinxed myself when i said i wanted to release a chapter each week. I'm sorry for writing and posting this chapter so late. I'll try my best next week and hopefully i won't make you guys wait too long again.

So Tiffany reveals her past and i tried to put a lot of khunfany moments to make up for the other chapters.

What will happen when Tiffany comes face to face with Siwon?

i think that's all for this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy :)

Until next timee ~ <3 <3 <3