Forming love

❤Different, yet so alike ❤
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Krystal's POV}

I barely could fall asleep after all that happened. Literally I arrived inside feeling all red and hot. I had to act it out, because mom would definitely notice something. Before I opened the door, I cooled down myself with a hard exhale. I walked inside and shut the door after me. Mom was in the living room, watching the TV again and petting the landlady's cat. She was looking at some drama in the big black box, which I never understood. She heard me close the door and shot up with questions.

"Krystallie? How was your day?" she asked me, sounding pretty relaxed and disturbed. She hated it when I butted in while her dramas were on.

"Fine, I made some new friends" I said and with short steps walked over to her. I tossed my bag on the floor, right next to the sofa she was sitting on. I must act, I must lie... I'm sorry mommy.

"New friends? Whom? You know the whole school already, don't you?" She sat back down comfortably, putting the cat on her lap. It purred and reminded me of the annoying sound it did early in the morning under my window. 

"I mentioned a new transfer student, remember?" she nodded. "Well, I got to talk to her for the first time" nice lie Kryssie! "It was a nice talk really. Friendly one." LAME~!

"That's really nice, honey~! I'm glad you made some friends. But what's his name again?" W-w-w-w-w--w-w-w-wait! What?! HIS?!

I got stuck on that one. If I confessed that a he is actually a she would probably be the best idea. Although my mind was giving up on me. Amber is quite a girlish name and to add more, she doesn't look like one. If I wanted to swear to my mom about being in love with this transfer student, she should actually stay a him... for the sake of everyone.

"His name is Adam" I lied again. I mentally slapped myself, hard enough to make me twitch in real life. I squinted my eyes a little, regretting lying to her right after saying them. But I cannot make up a fictional person. Not like when I was a kid and had an imaginary friend. It's not like that anymore, it's more serious and it's getting all messed up. I didn't want to lie, nor tell mom about Amber, not just yet, but she knew about me wanting to talk to her/him, but she never asked. Jessica will probably disagree with me and Amber will probably get angry when she finds out, well yeah who wouldn't? But the only person I can talk to and seek help is my mom and I have to tell her about my love life. "And I guess we are getting along very nicely."

"Finally!" mom exclaimed, clapping her hands together cheerfully, scaring the cat away. I was kind of puzzled, not getting her behavior at all. Perhaps she was happy that I finally talked to guys... a fictional guy. "I always wanted to have mother-daughter talks with you about boys, but you never seemed interested. Your sister was a pain in the sometimes. She wouldn't want to talk about them at all, yet she always spoke about another boyfriend each week. Until Daniel" mom said. It was true. Jessica seemed as the smart, quiet girl like I am when she was my age, but she was a bit more active what concerned relationships. She went out a lot, parties and overnights, but she never came home drunk or was arrested, that's why our parents trusted her. She had many lovers, at least that's what she told me. The family knows about only two. Tyler, who was her first love while we lived in California and Daniel. She said she never felt really convinced that she loved them, but she was sure afraid of staying alone.

"I'm not like Jess" I tried to save the situation, because I disliked talking about Jessica when she was not around. I missed her more.

"And that's what concerns me" mom whispered. I shot a dangerously confused look at her, but she dodged it smartly. She stood up and slid her feet in her slippers, going into the kitchen. "Lunch?"

"N-No, no thanks. I will have some fruit salad with cereals, is that ok?" I asked and picked up my bag, slowly walking towards my room, waiting for the answer.

"Surely" she said in English and winked at me. I smiled and left the social part of our tiny house.

I could merely think about anything else the rest of the day. I couldn't wait for Friday to come to tell Jessica everything and talk to her again, but at the same time I solely wanted for tomorrow. To see Amber again. I was smiling at the thoughts of her. I wanted to giggle out loud, but the reality held me back. I changed into my home clothes, sweatpants and baggy tank top, wore my hair in a pony tail and walking in fluffy socks. I lay on my soft bed, thinking all back in time. I was staring in a blank space, trying to see the scenery from a third person view and it was all romantic and lovely, that all I could feel was the butterflies flying around my stomach. It's weird how a simple person can make you feel so different, especially such a stranger. I hugged on my flower pillow and puffed my face into it. I was still smiling, as dad would've said: "Nor a wild animal could claw that grin away". Wondering what could Amber think about all this, wanting to get in her mind, I stayed silent in my room, lost in my thoughts.

Mom brought the fruit salad cereals into my room and asked me to write to dad. To tell him that he has forgotten to send money. It wasn't the alimony, but the pay for our house. Dad wanted mom to move out of our house in California, but mom was broke. They agreed on some amount per mon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter