1/2

Allowed to die if you buy me something nice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

There are a few reasons why Kyungsoo hates the Triwizard Tournament. First, it leaves him and his beloved Slytherin team without Quidditch for a whole year, just to watch three losers challenging themselves and risking their lives instead. Boring. Second, it’s the kind of task his idiot boyfriend would love to join, always because of a matter of wizard pride that, in Kyungsoo’s opinion, he won’t obtain no matter what. Third, they will be automatically invaded by foreign students who, as soon as they don’t get chosen for the Triwizard Tournament, will make sure they pass the next months shoving their tongues down to everyone’s throats.

Naturally, the same night of the arrival at Hogwarts, the announcement has everyone excited and jumping on their seats. The Slytherin table, however, limit themselves to exchanging mischievous glances and smirks, except for a worried Kyungsoo who tries to find Junmyeon across the Great Hall. It’s hard to spot him among the blue robes of the Ravenclaws, specially because he’s not the tallest of his species and neither is Kyungsoo, so he doesn’t succeed.

Baekhyun, supposedly his best friend, is the first to notice his nervousness. He casts a gross, charming look towards him, for which he knows he’ll be paying later. “Isn’t little Kyungsoo going to participate in the Triwizard Tournament?”

“I have a long life to enjoy first, thanks” Kyungsoo replies right away, as if rolling his eyes wasn’t enough of an answer.

Kyungsoo manages to chew on a piece of carrot cake before the food disappears from the table, a perfect clean cutlery but an almost empty stomach. Sadly, the lack of food plus the question catches the attention of other Slytherins, and soon he has Jongdae and Sehun looking their way.

“And he has enough fans already,” Jongdae comments. “Jongin is going to get depressed if he suddenly gets a hundred more rivals.”

The mere mention of the Hufflepuff has Kyungsoo flinching on his seat, primary instincts activating the urge of running away. Jongin is, in fact, a Hufflepuff one year younger that seems to have developed an unhealthy obsession for him throughout the Hogwarts years. At first he was young and innocent; so were his attempts to make him a conquest, but as he grew up he started to become simply twisted. And everything became harder when Kyungsoo happened to land his eyes on Junmyeon.

“I still don’t get why he’s dating that plain Ravenclaw when he could be having good times with Jongin,” Sehun responds, careless about the fact that he has Kyungsoo right in front of him, giving birth to the beginning of a glare. “If you know what I mean.”

“Still here,” Kyungsoo warns him, and Sehun only acknowledges him with a feline grin. Junmyeon may not fit into Sehun’s standards, but he surely does into Kyungsoo’s. “And I have to remind you guys that Jongin tried to poison my boyfriend twice because he’s cuckoo.”

And he’s fortunate Jongin is really bad at potions, because the most he accomplished was to send Junmyeon to the Hospital Wing - a mild attack considering Jongin was probably aiming for St. Mungo’s.

Baekhyun cackles. “About you.”

“About everything,” Sehun adds, although he doesn’t realize he’s helping Kyungsoo out of the bullying and this is not. what he intends. “He almost stabbed me in the eye during Potions class last year because I didn’t have more Belladonna.”

As much as they love stories about Jongin’s adventures, the dinner ends and they have to hurry up towards the Slytherin Dungeons before a bunch of tiny first years take over all the space. Kyungsoo makes a failing move to wait for Junmyeon to lecture him, but Baekhyun catches his intentions and pushes him through their way to the Common Room.

“Damn the day you met him,” Baekhyun protests to him once they’re in the dorm, and Kyungsoo can’t help but think he’s coming a year late. Kyungsoo smiles under his sheets, because the only reason he talked to Junmyeon in the first place was Baekhyun: he had sprained his ankle while they were coming back from Hogsmeade, and Junmyeon and his Ravenclaws housemates had been just a meters away from them. “You were Mister Mastermind and he has converted you into a mum.”




Next morning, Kyungsoo doesn’t catch Junmyeon either during the breakfast, and although he suspects Junmyeon might be acting like a loser already and passing the first day of classes in the library, he decides not search for him just yet. He changes his mind after double Transfiguration class with a bunch of annoying Hufflepuffs, after which he’s about to explode.

In effect, he finds his boyfriend in the library after lunch time, surrounded by mountains of books and parchments. He wants to voice out how lame it is that he’s studying on his first day, yet he holds back. Kyungsoo understands that Junmyeon is a seventh year and that he puts too much effort into everything he does, but Kyungsoo seriously shouldn’t date someone so determined. He’s already enough stubborn himself.

Kyungsoo halts in front of him and Junmyeon looks up at him from his table, a smile slowly blossoming.

He doesn’t fall for his loving smile. Repeat. Kyungsoo does not fall for it.

Clearing his throat, he affirms. “You aren’t planning to participate.”

Junmyeon doesn’t seem to notice it’s not a question, because neither his grin nor his enthusiasm falter. “I am.”

Kyungsoo isn’t a guy of scandals and screams when he doesn’t get what he wants. On the other hand, he’s conscious of how his eyes are the best weapon to scare people off. “No.”

Of course, his deathly stares usually work on those who don’t know him, mainly because there’s a stupid rumour about him having basilisk blood. The problem is that Junmyeon has been dating him for a whole year already, so Kyungsoo’s antics are useless.

“Uhm, yes, I am?” he insists, putting his feather aside to give him the look.

Despite being in the library, Kyungsoo can’t repress a childish whine. “Junmyeon!”

A pair of students hush him right away, to which he responds with a clear, intolerant glare, because he won’t allow any loser to shut him up.

Going back to his boyfriend, Kyungsoo raises his hand to ask for a moment, as if he needed to put his thoughts in order to win this argument. It’s an understatement to say Junmyeon is amused, leaning back on his chair and arms crossed as he waits for whatever the Slytherin comes up with.

A few seconds later, the sixth year finds the solution. “I’m going to make out with Jongin if you even dare to put your name in the Goblet.”

Junmyeon snorts. Hard. Which is not something usual. “Fine.”

There isn’t any option for Kyungsoo besides feeling deeply offended, because since when does his boyfriend not care about Kyungsoo leaving him for another guy? Even though Junmyeon has always had a soft spot for Jongin, excusing him after his murder attempts, it isn’t acceptable that he also doesn’t mind sharing Kyungsoo with him. He should actually make out with Jongin to see how Junmyeon deals with it.

“What do you mean fine?” Kyungsoo protests, eyes furrowed.

Junmyeon sighs, and suddenly there it is: the condescending smile that switches on Kyungsoo’s need to punch this boy in the face. Baekhyun always tells him that he has a weird way of showing love; he doesn’t agree, since wanting to hit your boyfriend when he intends to do something stupid is perfectly reasonable.

“Give me a kiss and go back to class, Soo.”

“No,” Kyungsoo stares at him blankly, trying to show how much he hates him for this. “Screw all you crazy Ravenclaws.”

And although he can hear Junmyeon snickering at his anger, he walks away with his chin raised.




Kyungsoo doesn’t give up, but Junmyeon isn’t aware of that. Maybe his talent as an evil mastermind has been downgraded for the last year, yet that doesn’t mean he has run out of ideas. He decides to start brewing the Sleeping Draught illicitly in a corner of the Astronomy Tower, with the mere reason that it’s a nighttime class and nobody will notice a tiny cauldron in a dark corner. He’s right. He hasn’t planned how to give it to Junmyeon though, because it’s going to be very suspicious if he suddenly bakes him cookies or buys him chocolates.

The arrival of Durmstrang’s and Beauxbatons’ students is programmed for Saturday, which translates into days and days of teenagers excitedly talking about what kind of students the other schools will bring. Kyungsoo already knows the answer: slender and elegant in the case of Beauxbatons, and as beastly as possible in the case of Durmstrang.

“Why do you hate it so much, anyways?” Jongdae asks him during Friday afternoon, when they’re already done with classes.

They’re walking down to the Slytherin Dungeon as Sehun and Baekhyun stride behind them, apparently trying to charm Baekhyun’s shoes so that he looks taller.

“It’s just boring,” Kyungsoo answers, pressing the History of Magic book against his chest. “Unless you’re competing, when it’s only entertaining because you’re in danger to die.”

“I think I’m going to join too,” Jongdae confesses all of sudden.

“What?” Sehun runs to catch his friend, jaw hanging down in shock. “No, Jongdae! You’re supposed to stay with me as ‘ the public who laughs at Junmyeon while he dies’.”

Kyungsoo uses the book to hit Sehun, not a pleasant attack considering the size of the sixth year books, but Baekhyun scoffs before anyone can say anything. “Who cares? It’s not like he’ll be chosen.”

Anticipating the fight that is going to explode, Kyungsoo mutters the password and enters the Common Room, empty except for a couple of students doing their homework by the fire. Bad idea, Kyungsoo thinks, since on certain occasions Sehun has enchanted the fire so that it expanded and Kyungsoo’s parchments were eaten by the flames.

“What do you mean I won’t be chosen?” Jongdae continues, his three friends following him inside. “I’m great! I’m brave, smart and…”

Kyungsoo deadpans at the defense. “Why are you listing the qualities of other Houses?”

Of course, Jongdae blushes in realization as Baekhyun and Sehun erupt into laughter. To avoid the mocking, he goes to one of the couches and lies on it, pouting. The younger students turn to glance at the group all of a sudden, startled, and it only takes a bad look from Sehun for them to gather their homework and run away. This is what Slytherins have labelled as the ‘escape of the survivor’, aka older students are the owners of any space in the Dungeon.

“Says he who face with a Ravenclaw,” attacks Jongdae back.

Sometimes, it’s a bit annoying that his friends don’t have the tact to call his boyfriend by his name. He’s not Junmyeon, but a Ravenclaw, and his last name is probably loser. Although maybe the last one is Kyungsoo’s fault because he calls Junmyeon that all the time.

“I haven’t anything with him since we arrived,” Kyungsoo says while all of them accommodate around the fire. He doesn’t mention how he’s suffering for it, but his plans don’t allow him to have a break and throw himself into Junmyeon’s arms. “But soon I’ll be face with Jongin instead.”

He expects to cause a shock, yet he doesn’t. It’s right then when he fears he has spit too much crap during the last days, so the other Slytherins don’t trust his word anymore.

Sehun raises a brow at him, inquiring. “Good luck with that.” Then he gazes at the fire, swinging his wand in what the rest would consider a very risky movement, though he looks too distracted to notice. “Do you know that I share a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter