[Chapter 2 - Beginning]

My Annoying Fiancé

 

Later that night, inside her room. Nana laid her back on her mattress, thinking hard about how she would face tomorrow. She knew her life was probably gonna change since today. And she hated it being prevented from what she wanted to do. She was usually doing anything she liked for free. She knew her dad was so restricted but it was never too affecting her before. Not like now.

Turning her body to the side, Nana scrolled her phone screen and tapped on one contact. She waited the other to pick up the call.

“Hello?”

Listening the voice, Nana’s face lit up. “Yeah, hello!”

“What’s wrong, Nana? Why do you call me this late? You okay?”

Nana slightly pouted. “No…”

“No? What is it? You can just tell me.”

“I…I don’t know.” Nana trailed off. She wasn’t sure about telling the story.

There was a moment of silence. “Nana?”

Nana quickly answered. “Ah, nothing. I just… I’m sorry we couldn’t go out today. You know, my dad—.”

“It’s okay. I know.”

“I’m so sorry,” Nana repeated.

“It’s fine, Nana. We can always meet at school, right? You can stare at me all day, and I can focus only to you all day too.”

The conversation apparently made her smile. She chuckled softly.

“I miss you…” Nana bit her lips.

She could hear the other sighed before answering, “I miss every single day without you, if you want to know.”

Nana smiled bitterly. Sometimes she hated her life so much. Why couldn’t she have anything she wants? Why should her dad tell her to do this and that? When would she get her own freedom?

“It’s getting late. Go sleep now, Nana.”

“I can’t,” Nana whined. “I still wanna hear your voice.”

“I know you like my voice that much but please go sleep for now or you won’t hear my voice tomorrow.”

Nana gave up. “Okay. I’ll hang up. Bye.”

“See you tomorrow.”

Nana put down her phone and tried to sleep. She just wanted tomorrow to come up quickly.

//

 

The sun rose, golden beams slipped in through the curtains. Making Nana wrinkled her eyes and turn aside to avoid the sun beam.

Realizing what day it was, Nana jumped up from her sleep in excitement. Checking the time, she knew that her dad still deep in sleep so she abruptly made her way toward the bathroom and had shower before going to school.

Few minutes after the shower and preparing herself, Nana went down from her room to reach the breakfast table. She greeted her maid who was in charge of cook and sat down to enjoy her breakfast. Toast and milk. Her favorite.

Nana made sure she ate everything right in time and wiped with the back of her hand after she finished. Standing up from the seat, Nana looked to the her dad’s room direction just to check if her dad really still sleeping in peace. As she was sure about it, Nana smiled and walked to the rack to pick her shoes. Tying her last shoelace, Nana stood up and grabbed a skateboard from beside the rack. Her usual transportation.

Even though her dad always insisted her to just use the car, Nana kept going to school with her beloved black skateboard. She liked to feel the fresh air as she sliding on the skateboard. Moreover, her skateboard made no pollution compared to her dad’s luxury cars. So she would always choose her skateboard than anything else her dad was offering to her.

But Nana didn’t know that she should put away her skateboard by the time she opened the front door.

“Oh, you’re ready.”

There, Mr. Im stood up leaning to the stall. Smiled widely to Nana who couldn’t even give a smile back as she realized who was standing next to her dad.

With a polite manner, Chanyeol slightly nodded to Nana.

What the hell are you trying to do, Park Chanyeol!?

“Nana, I suppose you would put back that thing in your hand and go inside Chanyeol’s car instead,” Mr. Im spoke.

“Dad, I can go to school by myself!” Nana exclaimed.

Mr. Im straightened his back before making his steps toward his annoyed daughter. Gently, he pulled the skateboard from Nana’s grasp and put his other hand on Nana’s shoulder, pushed her slowly toward Chanyeol’s direction.

“Go now. You’ll be late.” Mr. Im signaling Chanyeol to take Nana with him. Being obedient, Chanyeol offered a hand for Nana to take. But as obvious as her cold stares, it was ignored and Nana passed him in a quick pace. Knowing not much he could do about it, Chanyeol turned his attention to Mr. Im and gave him a quick bow before followed Nana to his car that parked outside.

Expecting Nana would be inside his car was something that Chanyeol shouldn’t be thinking of because he caught Nana just bypassed his car, walking in a full speed along the side of the road.

Sighing, Chanyeol sped up his movement only to close the distance between them. But he didn’t expect Nana would be that fast. There were about five meters distance between him and Nana.

“Nana!” The male tried to call Nana that of course wouldn’t bother Nana even single bit.

Chanyeol almost running at this rate.

After few steps, Nana turned her head sharply. Making Chanyeol subconsciously paused his steps too.

“Stop following me! Go mind your business!” The girl yelled at him.

“You are my business.” Chanyeol tried to calmly respond to the upset girl.

Nana clicked her tongue. “I’m not your fiancé whatsoever! Leave me alone.”

Using the chance that Nana still stopped at her spot, Chanyeol moved closer to reach her.

“Nana, your dad will kill me if I let you walk alone to the school.”

It was done. Nana turned back and ran quickly.

Chanyeol muttered inaudible curses under his breath before eventually went back to get his car because he knew he couldn’t catch Nana with the way he used before. Ready in his driver seat, Chanyeol stepped on the gas deep and making his car launched fast.

Close to Nana’s spot, Chanyeol hit the klaxon twice.

“Go to hell.” Nana whispered in annoyance but kept running.

Feeling not enough, Chanyeol hit the klaxon repeatedly until he saw Nana started to lose her sanity and eventually lose her balance and ended dropping onto her knees at the side of road.

With that, Chanyeol stopped his action and got out from his car after the slight view from inside the car that Nana yelled something like ‘ you’ at him. Walking in a steady pace, Chanyeol reached Nana’s spot and stood there.

“What are you looking at?” Nana spat out her anger.

Hearing Nana’s annoyed tone surprisingly amused Chanyeol. The guy chuckled, hand covering his mouth.

Nana gritted her teeth, really didn’t have any idea why the hell the male in front of her laughing at her. Maybe he found it funny. But Nana didn’t think so. What so funny about he chased after her and ended making her fell on her own knees. Not funny at all.

“Are you not going to help me?” Nana finally asked because Chanyeol wouldn’t stop from his laughter.

Realizing that the girl still stuck on the ground, Chanyeol’s laugh subsided and he reached down, offering a hand to the girl. Without thinking twice, Nana grabbed the hand to get up and after she got to stand on her own feet she took a square off to run again even though her knees burnt like hell. But of course this time Chanyeol wouldn’t let her go. After Nana got up, he didn’t loose his grab on her arm and instead dragged her to his car.

“Let me go!” Nana started to struggle. She slapped and hit Chanyeol everywhere she could reach. But Chanyeol didn’t even bother.

After shoving Nana into the seat, Chanyeol went inside his car. Before he started his car, Chanyeol leaned in to Nana and made the girl jumped in shock.

“What the hell are you—“

Chanyeol took the seat belt and put it across Nana. “Safety first.”

Nana sighed. “Stop talking about safety that you are the one who made me fall.”

“It was because your own fault,” Chanyeol replied as he focused on the road in front of him.

Nana couldn’t believe the male beside her.

//

 

It took ten minutes faster than the usual routine when Nana used her skateboard. But she wasn’t even thankful. By the time Chanyeol’s car stopped in front of the school building, Nana let go from her seat belt and jumped out the car. She walked to the gate without even looked back at the driver.

“I’ll pick you up later!” Chanyeol shouted from the opened window.

Nana finally turned her head, she glared at the male like drove her to the school wasn’t enough for him to annoy the girl.

But Nana ended told him the time. “Pick me at five.”

“What? But your school ended at two.”

“Stop complaining! Just get me at five.”

Nana didn’t want hear anything again from Chanyeol, so she continued her steps. She could hear Chanyeol’s faint voice at the back.

“I’m not your driver!”

Nana sighed. She hung her head and kept walking.

“Don’t drive me at all if you’re not the one.” She muttered before passing the school gate.

 

Reaching her class, Nana could find her excitement again. She held in a smile as she stepped into the room. Her eyes wandering around, as if searching for someone that indeed she did it. And after her eyes caught the sight of a male in his neat uniform with his brown hair, Nana quickly made a way toward him.

“Luhan!”

A bit startled, Luhan cocked his head and meeting with the bright face in front of him. He cracked a smile that always made the girl melt.

“You came early,” Luhan commented.

“Yeah…” Nana reached the seat beside Luhan and dropped her body there. Luhan’s comment forced her to remember how her morning went in a mess.

Fully gave the attention to the girl beside him, Luhan asked something in curiosity.

“Where is your skateboard?”

Snapped her eyes open, Nana turned to look back at Luhan.

“Ah… I left it at home.”

“How did you reach here?”

“I… took the car.”

As expected, Luhan looked a little surprised. Because never in her life that Nana would take the car to go to school. But this morning that guy named Park Chanyeol ruined it all.

“Okay that’s not the matter for now,” Nana shrugged it off and straightened her back to face Luhan fully. “I wanted to reach the school as fast as possible because I miss you so much!”

Luhan softened at Nana’s words. He held out an arm to ruffle Nana’s hair.

“I miss you too.”

Nana smiled faintly. They stared at each other as if cured their longing feeling before Nana clasped her hand and exclaimed in happy state.

“Hey, how about we go out later after school time?”

“Are you sure?” Luhan asked in concern. He knew Nana wouldn’t be so free and he couldn’t just take her out anywhere.

“Yeah! I’ve told Ch—my driver to pick me at five. At least we have three hours. And that’s not bad, right?”

Luhan nodded and smiled sweetly. “Okay, then. Anything for my princess.”

Nana cringed at Luhan’s words but she hugged him anyway.

//

 

Chanyeol ended coming late at work he should be attending at seven. He ignored his friend’s question as he reached his room and opened the door with unnecessary force then threw his phone onto the sofa before slumping himself into his seat.

His friend, Oh Sehun followed him behind and inside the room only to find the other shut his eyes close and exhaled heavily.

“So… anything wrong?” Sehun asked. He made excuse to himself to sit on the sofa. Sehun was Chanyeol’s best friend since high school so even though Chanyeol was his boss, Sehun still could do anything normal like best friend do. Like dropping the formality. At least just in front of Chanyeol.

Hearing Sehun’s voice, Chanyeol snapped his eyes open and groaned. Straightened his back to sit properly.

“Nothing.” Chanyeol waved a hand. “Sorry for coming late. Go back to your place.”

Sehun contemplated for a while, before finally made his turn to the door. Just before Sehun turned the knob, Chanyeol called him.

“Sehun.”

“Yeah?”

“What time is our meeting?”

“Uh…” Sehun checked his phone, then he focused back to Chanyeol. “It’s at 04.30.”

Chanyeol sighed. “Okay, thanks.”

Sehun nodded slightly before disappeared outside the room.

After Sehun left, Chanyeol reached his desk to check some papers but then he stopped and pressing his forehead to his palm. It was just one day when he had the engaged status but everything felt like mess. He had complied already to his dad’s commands about this and that. Even Chanyeol didn’t want any of them. Including this engagement .

The first reaction when his dad told him about it was of course he protested. His dad could set everything for his life. But never his love life. His choice of life. But again, what could he do about it? Nothing.

As he tried to please his dad, it was never be so easy. He thought that as an only daughter of a great CEO would make Nana being so cute, polite, and lovey-dovey. Chanyeol was ed up. He never met a cute little girl with charm. Instead, a wild-young girl he got.

He wouldn’t complain much about it, but if it made him messing with his works then… he could just agree to Nana’s plan beforehand.

//

 

Nana had never been so excited hearing the school-bell ringing as a sign that school had ended. She put everything on the desk into her bag, zipped it fast and stood up. Then she looked over Luhan’s desk. Books and pens still spreading everywhere.

Sighing, Nana helped Luhan to clean everything. Feeling Nana’s presence beside him, Luhan cocked his brows but then smiled as he saw the girl took his books and put them into his bags orderly.

After she finished, Luhan patted her head and said. “Thank you.”

“No problem. We have to be fast because I don’t want to waste any little time.”

Luhan felt nothing but warm inside his chest. “Okay. Let’s go.”

Nana immediately held a hand that Luhan was offering and went out to get Luhan’s bike.

  

“So, where are we going Mr. Lu?” Nana asked from her seat behind Luhan. Arms wrapped around the male’s waist.

“Hmm, it’s been a while since we eat ice cream together.” Luhan thought. “How about three scoops ice cream?”

Nana suddenly feeling excited about the ice cream. She pulled her hands to clap but it made the bike lost its balance on the track and Luhan tried to steady his bike back.

“Yah! Don’t move so suddenly like that! We could fall down,” Luhan warned her.

But Nana too happy to listen. She just giggled. “Sorry!”

“Put your holds on me,” Luhan asked as he pedaled his bike through the long road.

Nana smiled then happily hugged him from the back. Her head rested on his back.

“Thank you…” Nana murmured into Luhan’s back without bothering if the latter would hear it or not.

//

 

“That was from me. For the next, it will be presented by Oh Sehun.”

Chanyeol ended his presentation, closed down his laptop and walked toward Sehun to tap him on his shoulder.

“Chanyeol, seriously?” Sehun hissed. His face was showing that he was some sort of panick.

“Just explain the rest matters I’ve already prepared,” Chanyeol said. “I trust you.”

“Where are you going exactly? Is it really important?” Sehun asked in curiosity. Because never in his records that Chanyeol would leave during his meeting. This was the first time.

Chanyeol inhaled deeply before replied. “Yes.”

  

Stepping on the gas deep, Chanyeol focused on the road in front of him. Occasionally he checked the time just to make sure if he made it in time.

Reaching the school building, Chanyeol stepped on the brake. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and tried to call Nana. Then he cursed at himself because he realized he didn’t save her phone number. There was no other option, Chanyeol waited for Nana inside his car. He set his seat lower just so he could rest his back and put his arms behind his head. Minutes passed, and there was no sign about Nana’s presence. Chanyeol checked his phone. It was past than five.

Where the hell is she going?

Rather than feeling upset about the girl, Chanyeol felt more concern. What if the girl had waited for him but eventually gave up because he picked up late? What if somebody kidnapped her even though Chanyeol was so sure she could handle it by herself. But still, Chanyeol felt a slight of worry. And when the school gate being closed, Chanyeol snapped out from his thought and immediately moved his car away to find Nana.

He could have called Mr. Im to ask if Nana already reached home but then he was afraid if Nana hadn’t reached her home and she was his responsibility now. He drove his car carefully. His eyes focusing on every corner of the street he through but he didn’t find Nana.

Chanyeol ran a hand through his hair and groaned. He hit the wheel, feeling frustrated.

Why is she making everything so hard and frustrating!?

Contemplating on his decision, finally Chanyeol turned his car back to Mr. Im’s residential. He prepared himself from every bad things could ever happen to him later. The day was already ruined, anyways.

 

 

Pressing his thumb on the bell, Chanyeol waited patiently outside while hoping that he wouldn’t being greeted by Mr. Im. But as the front door opened, Chanyeol let his hope dropped on the ground.

“Oh, Chanyeol.” Mr. Im looked a little surprise.

“G-Good evening, Mr. Im,” Chanyeol greeted him as calm as he could. Mr. Im could smile to him for now, but as he told him that he didn’t bring Nana with him, that CEO would probably stab him right there and then.

“What business brings you here? Did you forget something?”

Chanyeol frowned his brows upon Mr. Im’s questions. “What did you say, Mr. Im?”

Now Chanyeol felt his head being spun because he couldn’t even understand those easy questions from Mr. Im.

“Did you forget something here?” Mr. Im repeated. “You just came here just a little while ago.”

Yeah, I forget to bring your daugh— wait, what!? When the hell I came here?

“Sorry, Mr. Im. I just reached your house now. What did you mean?”

“Didn’t you pick up Nana from school and drive her home?”

Now Mr. Im looked just as confused.

“Yes, I… I should pick her up but then, I was late so- yeah, I came here instead,” Chanyeol explained. “Is she at home?”

Mr. Im finally clicked everything in his mind and sighed tiredly. He ignored Chanyeol’s question and instead turned his body to the inside of the room direction.

“IM NANA!!”

Okay, now Chanyeol could predict what would happen in front of his eyes.

///

 

 

hell o lovelies ; im sorry i can't update so fast ((college life is killing me))

but i'll make sure to keep every chapter is read-worthy enough for y'all

pls keep commenting too so i can see how do you guys like it

p.s : so Luhan is appearing now^-^)/