[Chapter 1 – Fiancé]

My Annoying Fiancé

6.00 am

A body lied on the mattress. Hands and legs were outspread.

6.30 am

The body stirred. She rubbed her eyes in her sleep.

7.00 am

A knock on the door.

More knocks.

She grunted louder.

8.10 am

She heard a loud bang on her door. And when she finally opened her eyes, her dad already stood up by the side of her mattress.

“Wake up.”

She hummed.

“Nana. Wake up.”

Nana grumbled, half-heartedly sat up on her mattress. She took a glance at the desk clock.

“It’s just eight. And it’s Sunday,” she complained.

“I don’t need your argument. Dress up and join me downward.” Her dad said as he walked to the door, adding few words before he out and slammed the door.

“You’re meeting your fiancé.”

Nana needed one minute long to recognize what her dad just said. And when she snapped out from her mind, she squeaked.

“The—what!? Fiancé!? Are you kidding me?”

//

Eventually Nana walked down the stairs to find her dad. It was not like she was so excited about meeting her what-so-called fiancé. Nope, never. She was just curious and wondering if this was a freaking joke on Sunday morning. Because, no. It was not even funny and Nana wasn’t amused. At all.

It hadn’t the last stair-case yet when Nana called her dad out loud.

“Dad? Daddy!?”

Nana finally finished stepping down the stairs and the first thing she saw was not her father. She was aware there were many people there but her eyes fixed on this one guy.

Oh. Maybe her dad wasn’t joking.

//

Her dad watched her as he wanted to drown her daughter into the bath tub. Nana was just looking back at him, blankly.

When he said dress up, he meant it by wearing a real dress. Not a casual shirt with a ing ugly shorts. Mr. Im stood up abruptly from his seat, holding back his anger toward his only daughter. This was not the first time Nana made him fed up and totally so done with all of her acts, but today was really an important day. Where should he put his face in front of his colleague?

Realizing her dad started walking to her, Nana sighed warily. Shifting her weight in one foot.

“Go change your clothes.” Mr. Im muttered under his breath.

Nana whined immediately. “But dad—.”

“No buts,” Mr. Im said firmly. “Go change your clothes. Now.”

Sparing an annoyed glance at her dad, Nana clicked her tongue. Eventually turned her heels back to her room.

Mr. Im exhaled shortly, fixing his face expression before turned back and facing the awkward guests.

“I’m sorry about that.”

“Uh, that’s no problem. Teenager, yeah. It’s normal.” His colleague, Mr. Park reasoned. Making his son, or soon-to-be Nana’s fiancé, Park Chanyeol cringed over his dad’s useless excuses.

Teenager, huh?

“So, Chanyeol.” Mr. Im tried to pull a conversation. “How’s your work doing?”

Chanyeol cleared his throat. “It’s pretty fine, I guess. I received many clients recently. But I’m still learning, though.”

Mr. Im nodded, satisfied enough.

“I wanna ask you, if perhaps you have an objection about this arrangement…”

“Of course he don’t,” Mr. Park cut off. “I talked to him earlier and he was gladly agreeing to this arrangement. He is obedient.”

Mr. Im raised his brows. “I suppose.”

Chanyeol locked his jaws, nodding slightly in a firm pace.

//

Nana slammed the door behind her. Her Sunday couldn’t get any worse than this. She should be sleeping under her warm blanket and woke up late, enjoying her late breakfast and doing such activities but instead, now she stood up in front of her wardrobe to choose which dress would her dad thought suit her. In this very occasion.

Nana opened one door of the wardrobe where she kept her dresses. It had been years since she opened it again. Mostly every day, Nana was just wearing a casual clothing. Because she never really went to some parties or such.

She crossed her arms, examining the hanging dresses. Then she snapped and harshly grabbed one dress from the hanger.

“Whatever. Like I care.”

Nana put the simple white dress on her body. Checking on her appearance for a while before walked out from her room.

She met again with her dad and the guests who now watching her in awe. When she said the guests, she meant the old guy. Her dad’s business partner. He looked like a real father that proud of his daughter. Nana snorted over her thought. Meanwhile the guy beside him, that she was really sure her soon-to-be fiancé, just glared at her with a flat gaze. Even cold.

So ing rude. Is he a robot?

“Come here, Nana. I want to introduce you to your fiancé,” Mr. Im tapped the seat beside him lightly, motioning her to sit down immediately.

Nana couldn’t do anything at this moment, even though she really wanted to yell at her dad about how much she hated this not-so-funny joke.

After Nana settled down, Mr. Park motioning Chanyeol to introduce first. His son then stood up and leaned slightly over Nana, offering his hand.

Nana stared at the hand in front him, didn’t have any intention to take it. But then she met with her dad’s eyes, sharp glaring at her that finally she expanded her arm to shake hands.

“I’m Park Chanyeol,” Chanyeol introduced. “Nice to meet you.”

Nana nearly snorted hearing his last words. Nice to meet you? Are you kidding me?

“Nana,” Nana said shortly. Realized something, she quickly added, “Im Nana.”

When she thought it was enough for an introduction, Nana immediately pulled in her hand which Chanyeol subconsciously squeezed lightly.

Nana gave a slight dirty looks at him, and Chanyeol went back to his seat.

“So, if you’re now knowing each other, I hope that you both can get closer as soon as possible,” Mr. Im stated. “Chanyeol, I trusted my only daughter to you.”

Chanyeol smiled slightly. “I got it, Mr. Im.”

Nana couldn’t help but to think that this guy was crazy. What’s wrong with him? Why does he act like he’s agreeing all of this and have nothing complains about it?

Then the conversation continued, they talked about business issues that Nana didn’t even care. She was busy playing her nails. She regretted leaving her phone in her room. Now she should deal with the next boring hours by herself.

Bored playing with her nails, Nana suddenly looked up and met with Chanyeol’s gaze who apparently watching her. She didn’t like the way Chanyeol looked at her. It was kinda annoying and…intimidating?

“It’s already lunch time,” Mr. Im spoke. “Nana, why don’t you go out for lunch with Chanyeol? You two can talk and get to know each other better.”

Dad please stop being so ridiculous.

Nana sighed loudly. But surprisingly she stood up from her seat. Maybe she was too bored and hungry as because she hadn’t even eaten yet since morning that she complied to her dad’s order.

For the first time in that day, Mr. Im exhaled in relief.

“Come on,” Nana said to Chanyeol, motioning him to stand up.

Mr. Park nudged his son. “Drive her to the most luxury restaurant.”

Chanyeol pierced at his dad sharply before stood up and excused himself from Mr. Im.

“Bye, dad,” Nana said shortly. “I’ll be back soon, Mr. Park.”

Mr. Park smiled at Nana. “Have fun.”

Eventually Nana walked out from her house with Chanyeol followed behind her. But then Nana stopped, making Chanyeol nearly bumped onto her.

“Wait, I have to take my phone,” Nana excused herself to go to her room to grab her phone and a pack of bubblegum.

“Oh, I must be dead without these for the next hours,” Nana hissed to herself before going back to Chanyeol’s place.

The latter waited patiently when finally Nana showed up and shouted a ‘let’s go!’ to him.

//

Their trip went strangely not too awkward. Even though they didn’t talk to each other, and silence occupied inside the car but both Nana and Chanyeol seemed enjoying the trip. Likely Nana. By the time she jumped in the car, she was busy with her phone which Chanyeol didn’t know who she was texting with. But it was not like he cared or whatnot. He just felt a little fed up because the girl neglected him which was the one who saved her from the boring as conversation. And even now drove her to get lunch.

Finished busying with her phone, Nana put down the thing and grabbed her bubble gum pack. She tore the pack, took a piece into and chewed it.

“So,” Nana voiced out. “What’s your plan?”

Realizing Nana finally spoke, Chanyeol snapped out from his own thought while he was driving.

“Going to the most luxury restaurant. As my father said.”

Nana snorted amusedly. “You’re quite funny. I mean what’s your plan about this arrangement?”

Nana motioned him and herself with her hand.

Chanyeol focused on the road for a while and responded few minutes later.

“What plan?”

Nana threw her hands on the air. “Oh, come on. We both know we against this stupid arranged engagement thing!”

The guy beside her paused, before spoke out his thought. “I don’t think so.”

Nana slightly gaped at his statement. But before she could say anything, Chanyeol already parked his car in front of large building.

“Get out,” he said.

“Wait—.” Nana couldn’t carry on her excuse because Chanyeol got out from his car before Nana could stop him. She had no choice than following him to get out from the car.

Chanyeol walked without even waiting for Nana. The latter hardly followed him behind, trying to catch up his long steps.

“Hey, you. Chanyeol! Yeah, wait for me!” Nana exclaimed, quickened her pace.

But Chanyeol seemed doesn’t care. He found an empty spot and directed his step toward it. When he finally sat down, he looked up to find Nana’s angry look on him.

“Please, sit down,” Chanyeol said nonchalantly.

Subconsciously Nana flopped down on the seat. She frowned sharply at Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol, what—.”

“Welcome, Sir and Ma’am. This is the menu.”

A waiter cut off Nana’s word as he giving out the menu to them.

“Thank you.” Chanyeol took the menu and read it carefully before telling the waiter their order.

After the waiter went away, Chanyeol paid his attention back to Nana who still glared at him, looking much angrier than before.

“Is there anything you want to say?” Chanyeol asked.

Nana shut her eyes tightly before sighing and opened her eyes back.

“Listen, Chanyeol. I’m so ing hungry right now and I don’t want to hear any ridiculous words from you so just tell me what did you mean about your statement earlier.”

Knowing that the girl in front of him right now was so fierce, Chanyeol sighed and leaned his back on his seat.

“How old are you?”

Instead of answering Nana, Chanyeol threw another question to her.

And without thinking Nana answered him shortly. “Seventeen.”

Chanyeol hummed. “I don’t mind dating a teenager. Even though you’re quite annoying than my expectation.”

“I’m not dating with you!” Nana exclaimed immediately. “Let’s stop this joke and tell me what’s your plan about it because I know I can’t do this alone.”

“Well, listen. I don’t see why we shouldn’t agree with this arrangement,” Chanyeol reasoned.

“So, now you’re telling me that you agree to this !?”

“If you say so.”

“Are you out of your mind? Have we met before? Do you even know who I am? Do you know my birthday? My friends? My boyfrie—.”

“From the way you act, I’m pretty sure you don’t have any boyfriend,” Chanyeol cut her off.

“Whatever just skip that part.” Nana waved her hand. “But seriously, are you ing serious?”

“We are not engaged for nothing, okay? You can’t be that naïve. We are engaged for advantages.”

Chanyeol said it almost calmly. And Nana couldn’t stop herself from opened in disbelief.

She had nothing to say, even when their foods came not long after and both of them busy with their dishes. Nana thought she has to eat a lot because she couldn’t think properly. And what Chanyeol have just said to her before about their arranged engagement made her mind disorganized for even more.

Chanyeol drove them back to Nana’s house and the girl still stayed silent. She ate all of her bubble gum and looking out of the window. When they finally arrived, Nana abruptly got out without saying anything. Chanyeol sighed and followed her to out from the car, walking toward the house.

Mr. Im and Mr. Park greeted them in the front of door.

And when Mr. Im opened his mouth to say something, Nana felt like drowning herself to the deep ocean and never showing up.

“From now on, Chanyeol will drive you to school, pick you up, and doing other tasks like what a fiancé normally does.”

 

 


 

a/n: hell o i'm back o// so i've decided to make chaptered fic and this is the first chapter. i wanna see how do you like it so i hope this one is okay. and i don't want to rush because i have a good plot already and i'll write it carefully so it wouldn't lose its quality. comments and whatsoever always open ;)