Prologue

Dream, Inc.

Sometimes on stressful days, Jinri wished she wasnt a living, breathing human. Instead she wish she was an angel or whatever stuff that deals with magical s rather than school, work, money, life.

But she got one thing on her mind, and it is to a dreamgiver.  I mean, God gives all of us dreams right? Sometimes meaningful and sometimes just an accsesories to our lifes. So if she had a chance to meet God, maybe she would offered herself to be one.

She really, really wished to be a dreamgiver when she met Oh Sehun and Park Chanyeol. You can ask why and the reason is, she is so infatuated with them.

Park Chanyeol is her crush, sort of. Of course he’s taken with the infamous Im Yoona, one of the popular girls. Compare to Jinri, the normal-looking and not popular girl, of course everyone would want to be Im Yoona instead of Choi Jinri despite her famous relatives.

And what does Oh Sehun have to do with all of this? Well, he’s one of the most popular not to mention hot. He’s the epitome of perfection and his naughty smirk kills every girl. Taken or not, those girls or boys would wish or just commented how handsome he is and how they would want to be with him. Like, really.

She experienced what those girls and boys feel too. Although she had her eyes set on Chanyeol and how their small touch could burn her heart, she also had her eyes set on Sehun– the devil.

Now she knew that both Chanyeol and Sehun are way too popular to fall in love with her, although both of them notices her. But she wants more, wants them to look with that look of adoration or admiration. Like a girl looks at her favorite food, like a boy looking at his girl.

Dear God, please grant her wish before she starts imagining things.

; _ ;

Jinri wokes up with a thud.

She was in her bedroom and although there isn’t anything strange about it, she feels something strange. The temperature on her room was between hot and cold, her blanket feels way softer than before, her bed was comfortable as , and also she always wokes up when the sky is a mixture of blue and white but its pitch black.

Squinting her eyes and turning to the lamp beside her, she was about to turn it on to have a better view, but it was already on. The - she always sleep with the lights off and she was pretty sure she had already turn it off before, so who the turn it on?

Feeling alerted, she quickly get off her bed, her feet manage to touch the floor and damn, it was warm. Slipping her feet in to her bunny slippers, she grab her gun (because her dad always left it there) and slowly opens the door.

It was unlock.

She ALWAYS locks it before sleeping.

The lights in the living room was on, no signs of something or someone has been lurking around here. Her dad must have been staying in the office again. With newfound confidence and bravery, she gets out of her room and silently walks to the kitchen.

Unlike her room, the kitchen was cold. And it was pitch black either. Squinting her eyes to get a better look, she saw a figure opening her fridge. A thief!

She switched the lights on and pointed the figure with her gun. “Stop what you doing!” She yelled and she sees the figure which is a girl. The girl turn back and says with a casual tone, “Chill, dude. I just want to see your food.”

The girl was tall, she was a few inches taller than her and had brown hair and eyes. She has small cheekbones and is currently holding her instant ramyeon. “Who are you!” Jinri yelled, still pointing her gun towards her.

“First of all, put your gun down. Its kinda rude. And next, dont mind if I ate your ramyeon. I’m hungry as and I haven’t eat when I arrived here.” She said non-chalantly and throw her a cup of instant ramyeon. “Let’s have supper together.”

Jinri was in shock. “How could I believe you’re good?”

“Because if I was bad I could have stolen that precious diamond saved on your dad’s locker on his work room.” She said again, heating water on the stove while opening her ramyeon. “It was your moms before she left right?”

“How’d you know....”

“I have my own way to know, Jinri. Now I’m gonna tell you everything if you stopped pointing me with that gun–I know it has no bullets–and start eating.” She said, almost annoyed.

Fifteen minutes later, Jinri had found herself eating ramyeon with an unknown stranger who eats her ramyeon. And her talk about her moms left-overs jewelry made her believe her. The topic about her mom was very secretive and that is why she believe her. Nobody knows it except Choi Family and her close friends.

“It’s been a long time since I eat human foods. Foods above always taste too perfect and over pleasing.” She said casually, as if she had experienced it before.

“What do you mean by that?” Jinri ask, slurping her noodles.

“Oh right, I haven’t introduce myself.” She stopped eating for a while and fuddles with her handbag, which Jinri had only notice now. It was Prada, as in the original Prada. She then take something out of her bag, and give it to Jinri.

It was a card and it says,

“Choi Sooyoung, Field Agent of Dream, Inc.” She introduced herself, smiling cheekily. “What’s a– Dream, Inc?” Jinri innocently asked, looking at her blankly.

“We’re a coperation who trained selected and trusted people to give dreams. Jessica heard your wish to be a dreamgiver, so she sent me here to pick you up.” Sooyoung explained, already throwing her ramyeon cup to the trash and get some water.

“Tell me this isn’t a dream–“

“That would be ironic– but it gets real as it gets. Soon or later I would have to take you to Dream, Inc and you can start giving dreams to people.” Her eyes was trained on Jinri.

“And I heard you had some people on your mind that you would love to give dreams,” Sooyoung smirks. “So if I were you, you need to believe on this, finish up so you can start soon.”

Jinri only gulped what’s rest of her ramyeon.