Cold Eyes - Chapter One

Cold Eyes

Junhyung take a deep breath of the air in Korea.

"Welcome back to Korea, Yong Junhyung..." He said and smile.

He walk to the arrival department and saw his old friend, a high school teacher at Cube High.

"YONG JOKER!!" The man wave his hand. Junhyung chuckle and walk to the person. He hug Junhyung.

"Oh my God! Man! You look so handsome now! Oh My God! Puberty hit you like truck!" The man shout. Junhyung chuckle.

"Doojoon, you are embarassing me man. Stop it." Junhyung joked. Doojoon release the hug.

"Yah! After 10 years leaving me and you come back saying you embarassed. Ungrateful son!" Doojoon scoff.

Junhyung snorted. "Whatever Doojoon. I'm so hungry right now so please, take me somewhere to eat." Junhyung said as they start walking to Doojoon's car.

"Aha! I have one place and I am so so so sure that you will like it. It is one of our students' cafe." Doojoon said. Junhyung raise his eyebrow.

"Really? Well, I would love to go there. It have been long time since I got to eat Korean food." Junhyung said.

Doojoon smile and drive his car away.

--

"Cute-Smile Cafe?" Junhyung said questioningly. Doojoon just smile like the dork he is.

"What the--"

"Yah, people say, don't judge the book by its cover. The name of the cafe might be a little childish but believe me, you will love this cafe." Doojoon said assuringly.

Junhyung sigh and look at Doojoon. "I trust you man." Junhyung said. They walk in the cafe together.

--

"What are you saying with don't judge the book by its cover? The cover and the inside is the same." Junhyung said with his poker face. The cafe is filled with stuffy fluffy toy such as deer, panda, pikachu and etc. In addition, there were a shelf and it is full of anime CD. Not to forget, the wall was painted with so much anime and many other cute cartoon. Well, everyone will smile because the cafe give such a bright and lively aura.

Doojoon smile sheepishly again. "Well, I didn't say about the decoration though. I say about the cooking. You know, it might be look childish but believe me, the food here is more mature than us." Doojoon said.

"Whatever. I'm just hungry so, let's just go." Junhyung said and he take a place.

Once they settled down, the waiter come. "Annyeong teacher." The waiter bow.

"Yoseob ah.." Doojoon smile sweetly at the boy. Junhyung look at the boy.

"So, you know him Doo?" Junhyung said. Doojoon nod.

"Yoseob, this will be your new English teacher and Jun, this is one of our best student in Cube High. He is seventeen." Doojoon said.

Junhyung and Yoseob smile to each other. "Annyeon Teacher Yong." Yoseob bow again.

"Annyeong Yoseob ah. Just drop the formality because we are outside the school now. And, I'm not even starting yet." Junhyung said.

"Andwae Teacher. I'm still your student though." Yoseob smile.

"By the way, are you the owner?" Junhyung ask. Yoseob nod.

"It is actually my late parents'. And, it should be my brother's but then my brother got married and move to the other country so, I take care of it." Yoseob said.

Junhyung and Doojoon glance at each other. "Don't worry Jun. Cube High is not like other school. The principal allows the student to have part time work because some of family's financial and such. So, they are allowed already." Doojoon smile. Junhyung nod.

"Teachers, order?" Yoseob ask again.

"What do you want Jun?" Doojoon ask.

"Well, I have been craving for tteokbokki, hoddeuk, kimchi fried rice, kimchi stew--"

"Jun wait! You can't eat that much tonight. Just order something that you can eat really fast." Doojoon said. Junhyung  chuckle.

"Okay Umm, two kimchi fried rice and one kimchi stew." Junhyung said.

"And, two carrot juice." Doojoon said.

"Oh yeah! I just wanna order that. You sure are my bestfriend." Junhyung said. Doojoon smile proudly.

"That's all right?" Yoseob said. The two nod.

"Okay then teachers. In ten minute." Yoseob said and walk away.

--

"So, Junhyung.. Are you still single?" Doojoon ask. Junhyung stop feeding his food.

"What kind of question is that?" Junhyung ask him back. Doojoon raise his shoulder.

"Well, simple question." Doojoon said. Junhyung heaved a breathe.

"Still single. But, sorry not sorry because I'm bent." Junhyung said. Doojoon choked on his food.

"W-What? B-Bent already? A-Are you sure?" Doojoon said. Junhyung smile bitterly.

"Doojoon, I just wanna forget the-- you know. And, I don't know if I'm really bent and I don't know for how long. I just don't wanna fall in love. That's why I bent." Junhyung smile. Doojoon just nod.

"You will get through this." Doojoon said.

The conversation died there until they finish eating. They went to the counter and the cashier who was busy helping make the coffee went to them.

Doojoon smile at the boy who doesn't even reply the smile. Junhyung can sense the dark aura surrounding the boy. He look into the boy's eyes. Cold. So cold.

"So, umm, here." Doojoon give the note that Yoseob gave them when he sent the food. The boy nod and punch the number at the machine.

The boy take a notebook and give it to Doojoon. Doojoon dug in his pocket and take out some money.

"Doojoon, I will pay." Junhyung said and shove his card quickly at the boy.

"Aish Jun. You don't need to. You just come back." Doojoon said. Junhyung smile.

"No biggie man." Junhyung said. The boy gave back the card at Junhyung and he bow before went away to make coffee.

They went out of the cafe.

--

Junhyung lying on the bed when Doojoon come in his room.

"Is the bed comfy enough?" Doojoon ask. Junhyung smile.

"Thanks for helping me Doojoon. I promise you I will pay back later." Junhyung said. Doojoon pat Junhyung's lap.

"No worries man. We have been bestfriend for 14 years. It is not a problem for me." Doojoon said. Junhyung nod.

"You should sleep now. You have something big to go through tomorrow." Doojoon said.

Junhyung smile and lay on his back. Doojoon switch off the lamp and went out of the room.

Junhyung take a deep breath. 'Let's have a nice sleep today.'

--

Yoseob closed the door and pick his bag up. He turn around and tap his friend's shoulder. The boy turn around.

"Let's go home." Yoseob said. The boy nod. They walk together until they reach Yoseob's doorstep.

"Seung.. I don't think you should go home now. Just spend the night here." Yoseob said. The boy shake his head.

"Why not?" Yoseob ask. The boy make some hand language. Yoseob sigh.

"You are skinny Seung. You can wear my uniform." Yoseob said. The boy shook his head again.

"I need to go home.." His voice sounds so slow that Yoseob is having hard time to process what is it.

Yoseob sigh in defeated. "Okay then. But, make sure you reach home safely and, don't get into trouble." Yoseob said. The boy nod and walk away.

Yoseob watch as his friend walk away. 'Still not change Jang Hyunseung..'

--

The boy switched on the lamp and startled as he saw the person sitting on the couch. The person stand up and approach the boy.

"I want money." The person said. The boy shake his head and bit his lips.

The man scoff. "Don't lie to me little brother. I know you have." The person tilt the boy's chin up.

"I don't have any Hyung.." The boy whine. The person grit his teeth and send a punch to the boy's stomach He rammed his knee and slap the boy's face countless time. He take the boy by the collar.

"I will lt this go this time. But if you still don't have the money, I will make sure your head will lost it brain. Arasseo?" The person shout. The boy shut his eyes tightly. The person let go of the boy and walk away.

'How could you Hyung..' The boy cried in the corner.

--

Junhyung and Doojoon walk along the hallway. Some students greet and smile at them. They reach the office and went to the receptionist.

"Annyeong G.Na Noona!" Doojoon said. G.Na smile and dart her eyes to Junhyung.

"Oh! This is the new English teacher from London right? Go and see the principal now. He have been waiting." G.Na said. Doojoon and Junhyung chuckle.

"Surprisingly the principal is here early. He always come late doesn't he?" Doojoon said.

A cough can be heard from behind. They turn around and saw the principal. They bow awkwardly.

"What did you say just now Yoon Doojoon ssi?" The principal ask. Doojoon scratch his back of head awkwardly.

"Nothing important Mr. Hong." Doojoon said. Mr. Hong shook his head and turn to Junhyung.

"You are the new teacher, Yong Junhyung right?"Mr. Hong offered his hand. Junhyung shake it lightly and smile.

"Nice to meet you. Let's go to my office." Mr. Hong said. Junhyung nod. Doojoon give an assuring smile and walk away, leaving Junhyung.

Mr. Hong ushered Junhyung to go first. He stop at G.Na.

"G.Na, if he come, let him wait first. After Junhyung is out then he can come in. Okay?" Mr. Hong said. G.Na nod with a smile.

--

"So, I hope, we can get along so well Yong Junhyung ssi. It is hard to have a high level teacher like you. English is so hard in Korea as you know."Mr. Hong said. Junhyung just smile.

"Please don't praise me like that. I am just like the other teachers." Junhyung said, so humble. Mr. Hong smile.

"Okay then Mr. Yong. I think. The class will start soon. You can fo to your first class now. The schedule is with G.Na. Good luck and, I hope you will give the best commitment in your work." Mr. Hong said. Junhyung bow at Mr. Hong and step out.

He go to the receptionist and smile at G.Na. He was about to ask for his schedule when a person come to his side.

""Is he in yet?" The soft voice asked in desperate tone. G.Na nod. The boy run to Mr. Hong's room. Junhyung just saw a glimpse of the boy.

"W-who is that?" Junhyung ask G.Na.

"That kid just now? Well, umm, he is Mr. Hong favourite student? Yeah. Something like that. I know you want your schedule right? Here." G.Na give him the timetable. Junhyung thanked her and walk to his first class in Cube High School.

--

When he first stepped in, the class was in chaos. After that, the student give attention to him and greet him.

"As you guys know, I am the new English teacher here. My name is Yong Junhyung. Call me Mr. Yong or Sir Junhyung. I graduated Degree in Engliosh Education at University of London. So, that's all. Any question?" Junhyung said. The class was quite. He scan the class one by one when he spot an empty chair beside Yoseob.

"Yoseob, who is beside you?" He ask. The class turn to Yoseob who is nervous.

"W-well, Hyunseung didn't come yet I think." Yoseob said and smile a bit.

That was when the door was open and a boy walk in steadily.

"Yah you! Why are you late and who give you permission to come in?" Junhyung shout and point at the boy.

"What is your name boy?" The class turn to the boy who is still standing.

The boy turn around and look at Junhyung. Junhyung stunned.

'He is the boy yesterday. Ah.. He is the one just now.'

Pale lips, pale face, no smile, bangs cover his left eye, black hair, doe eyes. Cold doe eyes.

"Hyunseung, Jang Hyunseung.." It come out as audible whisper but Junhyung manage to hear it.

Junhyung blinked his eyes. He observe the boy's face. His cheek was a bit swollen and his lips bruised.

'Wait.. Is he and Mr. Hong...' He had this negative thought inside his skull.

"Y-you may sit down now." Junhyung said. He turn to the whiteboard and start his lesson.

--

The class ended and he went out of the class after the student greet him. The class is having P.E after this. And Doojoon is the one who teach them P.E

Yoseob look at Hyunseung who is changing his shirt. His stomach swell again.

"Your brother hurt you again dont he?" Yoseob said. Hyunseung ignore him and continue changing his clothes. Yoseob make Hyunseung turn to him.

"I said to you don't I? Forget your brother. Run. Don't stay there anymore." Yoseob raise his voice.

"Seob.. He is my brother.." Hyunseung said too soft. Yoseob grit his teeth.

"This is not the first time he hurt you. Countless time. I don't want what happen a year ago to happen again." Yoseob said.

Hyunseung sigh. "Let bygone be bygone.." Hyunseung said and walk to the basketball court.

Yoseob sigh in frustration. 'Why are you like this Seung? Why must you hurting?'

--

Doojoon look at the student and spot the black haired boy listening to the blonde's nag.

"Hyunseung!" He called. The black haired boy turn to him and nod a bit.

"We are playing football. Is your knee okay? Your teacher told me that you injured last time." Doojoon said. Hyunseung just nod.

Doojoon sigh and shook his head. 'How can that quite and extrovert Hyunseung can be friend with the naggy and loud Yoseob?' He thought and chuckle silently.

They start the game with a whistle from Doojoon.

--

Junhyung walk in the dancing room. He smile politely to the male teacher.

"Annyeong Mr. Yong. Welcome to our dance club." The male teacher said. Junhyung nod.

"By the way, you must don't know who am I right? I am Yixing. Zhang Yixing. A chinese teacher. You can call me Lay." Lay and Junhyung shake their hand.

Lay clapped his hand and the students turn to him. Junhyung saw the particular face again.

"Okay, today we got the new teacher. Let's hear from Mr. Yong Junhyung." Lay said and clapped his hand. Junhyung bow a bit.

"I am Mr. Yong. English teacher and music teacher too. I can do poppin because I am really good at it. I was a dancer in this school 10 years ago. And, I can rap too. Please, give me cooperation and I will be good too." Junhyung smile. The students clap for him except for one, Jang Hyunseung. The students that seems so mysterious.

Lay give out their task and teach them new dance which Junhyung join the student. He and Lay clicked really well. Lay can do ballet and jazz. He can do poppin really good. Lay make the student to learn more from their proffessional choreographer. After it seems like one hour, they stopped to rest.

"Lay, does that boy do well in dance?" Junhyung ask as he point at Hyunseung who sit in the corner alone.

Lay look at Hyunseung and smile. "Junhyung, you don't know him?" Lay ask. Junhyung blink his eyes in confusion.

"What do you mean Lay?" Junhyung said. Lay chuckle.

"Mr. Yong, everybody who doesn't know him is the most blind person in this school. He is the best dancer in this school. No one can beat him. Even the amazing Zhang Yixing." Lay joked. Junhyung smile a bit.

"He score everything in this school. He is good in academy and dance. But then, he is so cold. Students call him Ice Prince. He never talk to anyone except this one friend he had, Yoseob. And, eventhough he doesn't have any gangs like others or many friends, many people like him though. He never be rude. But he never smile. He just talk when it is needed. That's all I know about him." Lay said. Junhyung nod and dart his eyes to the boy.

The boy looks like he is in pain. He keep holding his stomach. Everytime he wants to move, he will wince. Junhyung notice, but ignore because he doesn't want to get attached.

What? Attached?


First chapter is up!