A New Beginning

More Than Friends

Your morning started normal, like usual. You had woken up by your ringtone that Geun Suk had recorded for you the other day. You laughed because of the silly tone he made with his voice, “Wake up, wake up now.. Yahh it’s a special day, wake up!”  
He had made it just for this special day. After dressing up in a new blue dress you had bought with white polka dots and frills around the bottom, you decided to wear your hair with two French braids wrapped around both sides of your head. 
While eating breakfast, you heard your phone ringing.


“Ahh, where is it?”
You picked it up on your couch as fast as possible.
“_____, I’m outside of your apartment… are you almost done?” His voice rang in your ears, so sweetly.
You could listen to it all day and you wouldn’t mind.
“Yeah, I’ll be there in a sec okay?” You answered and hug up.
Without knowing it yourself you ran to the elevator clicking the buttons as quickly as possible. 
You knew he was at the same spot as usually because of the times you had to secretly get out and spent  time together .
You searched around and found him lurcing behind his car. While walking towards the car,  he jumped out of his spot to land right infront of you.

“Happy Birthday!” He shouted and gave you a warm smile.

He was holding a bouquet of your favorite flowers and the chocolate you loved to death. 
“Thank you!” You repeated, and gave him a hug afterwards. 
“Okay, okay enough of this..” He pointed at your smile while he was driving.
“Why, can’t I be happy?” You chuckled, realizing you were smiling like crazy because of him.


You looked at him and noticed him wearing the blouse you had bought him the other day and you thought it made him look more handsomer than ever. It was a collar shirt and he had ed it, revealing his neck and his smooth collarbones.

You arrived at a restaurant an hour away from Seoul in the city Incheon.  It was a long way from Seoul , but it was worth eating at your favorite restaurant that your family and you always went to when you were young.
“Wow, I miss this place so much!”  You sat down eating away all of your dish.
“I’m such a great friend, aren’t I?” He said jokingly.
You smiled and nodded.
“Don’t forget to eat a lot of this…It’s your favorite, right?” He pointed at a dish.
He then reached for it with his chopsticks and had it right by your mouth.
You thought at first he was going to place it on your plate but he instead was looking  straight at you. 
“Here, eat it.”
You opened your mouth and swallowed it in four bites. He was right, it was the best side dish here.
You looked up and saw Geun Suk looking at you as if he was doing that from the beginning.
“What?”
He was still looking at you and said, “You look so pretty…” 
“Oh, thanks…” You looked away shyly. 
Your day didn’t end there. Geun Suk had still more that he prepared. He made sure you had your eyes  close when he was driving, saying, "I don't want to spoil the surprise I have!"
“Thank you for being here Geun Suk, it really means a lot.” You mumbled.
“You’re the best friend I’ve ever had…Really, I feel  so comfortable with you, and like I can tell you everything…I never had a friend like that, so thank you.”

Your voice was shaky and you tried everything to stop tears to form.
He was truly an amazing person. You never had someone like him to tell all your past and wonderful moments you had,  and to even live those moments with him. You were never a person with a lot of friends. After your Father had passed,  it made you feel so confused and slightly depressed over him. He was a great Father but wasn't a good husband. He verbally and physically abused your mother and seeing that really scarred you. It wasn't easy to talk about this to others and you felt like it was weighing you down to see it. But with Jang Geun Suk you knew you trusted him and told him everything. It was the greatest relief to have him as a friend for 11 years but you knew you saw him much more than that. He told you his stress throughtout his carreer even when he was stressed over it he never gave up to be the best and enjoy it much more.

"____ I'm thankful to have you as well, do you know how great it is to be with you? It's so nice being myself with you and letting out real laughters and tears together. Thank you for being there in my hardest and the  best times in my life." He squeezed your had and it. With that he had you in tears.


After that,  he quickly got out of the car. Your head was still leaning on the door when he suddenly opened it. 
You looked up and he grabbed your hand.  He then covered your eyes with his hands.
His touch made you have chills as he leaned his body on to your back while walking.
He led you forward and let his hands slide off your eyes slowly. Until he put them over your eyes again..
What was he doing? 
The scent around you smelled so familiar, it bugged you for not realizing where you were. It was cooler than before and you heard a trickling sound by. 
“Are we by the River?” You asked surprisingly.
“Is this the place I wanted to go?!” You asked more excitingly.
The trickling sound was louder than before, and you wondered if you were closer than you imagined.
“Ahh..” He said.
You tried taking his hands off but he wouldn’t budge.
“Hey, Geun Suk I really want to see..”
“Tell me, do you think of me as a friend?” His voice became softer.
“I know you probably think of me only like that. . .But don’t you ever have those moments that drive you crazy.. like me?”
The trickling was loud, and you knew by now it was the rain making the sound.
“I love you. I love you so much.” His last words melted you. Was this really happening?
“Geun Suk-ah, uhm..” Your voice was shriveled up like if it was plugged.
“I love you too.” You blurted out. These words were in the back of your head every time you thought of him before. You never thought of him feeling the same way as you, like if it was impossible.
He turned you around and held you at the of your arms with his shaky hands.
“All this time…” He whispered. 
The rain poured onto your faces as he starred down at you. 
“I’m shy too you know…But this feels right.”
You glanced at him seeing his blushed cheeks made you more assuring. He really did love you. 
He took advantage of the moment you had your head up,  and placed his forehead on yours.
“Let’s be more than friends,” He whispered; as if his voice was echoing throughout your body.
You nodded.
Kissing you soft on your head, he made sure to look into your eyes as if wanting for permission for the next move. You close your eyes and wished for it.

He placed his lips on yours, kissing you soft at first. The moment made you lightheaded and it felt like you were nothing but air. He began to kiss you deeper and with more movement. His hands were placed now on your cheeks slowly moving closer to your waist.
As your hands were on his shoulders, your body was shivering a little. It was then when you were not sure if you had enough air. He embraced you in his arms and he let out a sigh,  

"Thank you for being born."