Frogs & Love

Princes & Other Royalties

This story is set in another world where anything is possible like a fairy tale

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

[WOODS NEAR THE KINGDOM OF AERO]

 

“Hello there!” a merchant approached a traveler “I sell jewels sir, would you like to take a look?”

“I’m not interested” the young man answered. He is actually the second prince of Aero. Prince Sehun was taller than most men his age. He had the perfect build for a knight, his features made everybody swoon wherever he went. His eyes were amber-colored and his hair was ash blond. The 20 year old has come of age and he was now doing some soul-searching. The only problem with him is the fact that his mouth has no filter whatsoever.

 

“Just buy these jewels, they bring luck to those who wear it” the merchant affirmed.

“Maybe you should just give it to you wife sir” blond said.

“Do I look like a sir to you?!” the merchant yelled.

The sky around them turned purple and lightning cracked above. The merchant looked furious at the young prince. Sehun was scared; he didn’t realize that the merchant was a miss.

“I’m sorry mam I just thought that… that you were a sir… I’m really sorry” He stuttered.

The sky suddenly turned back to normal.

“Alright, you’re forgiven. Just buy some jewelry from me” the merchant smiled.

“They’re just not my type” Sehun insisted “Besides I have some at home”

 

The sky turned purple again and the merchant’s eyes have become red.

“You cheap picky prince” the merchant howled, “You even called me a sir… a sir!”

“How dare you, just because you annoyed me, I shall turn you into a frog” she yelled

Suddenly, the prince felt light headed. His body fell into the grass as the merchant disappeared with smoke taking her place.

 

“Damn my mouth” Sehun thought before losing consciousness

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

[KINGDOM OF DRAGOSTE]

 

As the sun was setting, Luhan was contemplating about his life. Luhan is the youngest child of King Zhoumi and Queen Lihua of the Kingdom of Dragoste. He was known as the morning deer in his kingdom. Calvin, the oldest son is the heir to the throne. Luhan was living the life, he’s young, rich, and handsome. He had a toned body, average height, honey hair and boyish good looks. He didn’t have the responsibility of ruling the kingdom or producing an heir. But the 22 year old was sad because he didn’t have anyone to share his happiness.

 

“God dammit Luhan, stop acting like you’re in some drama.”  A dark haired woman hissed. The woman’s aura screamed royalty; gorgeous dark locks framed her beautiful face. She was given the name Soeun, as she was received with grace. She is the youngest princess of Lume, The Kingdom of Fire. The princess is one of the most sought after women in the whole country. At 23, one would expect the princess to be married, but she hasn’t found anyone yet. It’s a good thing that the monarchs of Lume have respected their daughter’s decision.

 

The two have met because of Queen Lihua’s matchmaking ball for the Crown Prince 10 years ago. After some letters and visits to each other’s kingdom, the two have become best friends. Now Soeun temporarily resides in Dragoste to be a student of Jung Yunho, a scholar who had been praised as one of the smartest in the country. As fellow royalty the King and Queen had her live in their castle,

 

“I don’t know what to do, if I don’t find someone my parents might arrange another match-making ball for me!” Luhan exclaimed, unfazed by Soeun’s interruption. The brunette princess sighed at the prince.

“A lot of people have been asking for your hand in marriage, both men and women,” she stated. “Your parents aren’t strict with their conditions”

“I know, I just haven’t felt anything for anyone yet.” He mumbled “But if worse comes to worse, we can always marry each other right?” Before Soeun could answer a voice was hear from the door.

 

“I’m sorry dear prince, but she’s mine.”  A man said. The two glared at the man who was smirking. The man was fit from all the horse riding and body building that he partook in.  He was very tall and it was obvious that women would take a second look at him.

“Jaerim” the two hissed in unison. Song Jaerim is the Duke of Adir; he was 6 years older than Luhan.

 

“I’m not yours yet, Jaerim” Soeun stated.

“Alright, alright” the man laughed

“Why are you here anyway?” she asked.

“Your mother sent me here to talk to the Crown Prince, apparently the Crown Princess of Lume wants to do some business with him”

“My sister’s interested in Calvin?” Soeun’s nose cringed. She can’t imagine her dork of a sister with someone so charismatic.

“Maybe she just wants to do business,” Luhan said, “Besides if the two of them marry, we can freely travel to each other’s kingdom”

“Oh well, she can do whatever she wants to do” she sighed “By the way, why are you acting as a messenger? You’re a duke” she pointed at Jaerim.

“I needed a reason to see you” Jaerim responded. He gave her a gummy smile. The princess just rolled her eyes but she smiled back at him.

 

Luhan nudged Soeun and gave her a secretive wink.

“Soeun, would you mind giving Jaerim a stroll around the garden?” he asked

“Sure, c’mon Jae” She smiled and gave her hand out to him.

Jaerim smiled and reached out for her hand. As the two went out Jaerim glanced at Luhan and gave him a small smile of gratitude.

 

Now Luhan was alone again. The sun was completely gone and the moon had replaced it in the sky. He thought of his future, surely he didn’t want to marry out of obligation. If he were to be honest he was kind of jealous. Soeun and Jaerim both love each other, their relationship was awesome. Meanwhile here he was, alone and wishing.

 

When would that person come? Tonight would be another lonely night for the youngest prince.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

[KINGDOM OF AERO]

 

“I’m sorry for failing you, your majesty” the knight agonized. He was Prince Sehun’s right hand man. The man was handsome as he was brave. He was famous for his big bright eyes. But as of the moment, those eyes were dark and full of agony. Kyungsoo was very disappointed with himself. He was supposed to come with the Prince on his soul-searching but Sehun insisted with going alone.

 

“Don’t worry Kyungsoo, I have already called for the two fairies to help us” the King replied. King Joonmyun of Aero was a gentle king but he was a strict leader. Even as a young prince, Joonmyun had displayed that he would be one of the best rulers that the kingdom has had. With his dark hair and amber eyes the king had easily captured the attention of all.

 

“Thanks to you we have located Sehun even if he’s a frog” the King smiled.

“Only a frog prince would sleep in robes and a family crest your highness, it’s also a good thing that he could talk.” The knight laughed, finally losing the tension earlier.

 

As the King laughed with him, a woman barged into the room.

 

“Father, Sehun is freaking me out” she said.

“Sooyeon, even if he’s a frog he’s still your brother,” the king reasoned. Sooyeon is the Crown Princess of Aero. Her features were similar to her younger brother, Her eyes were also amber and her hair was slightly darker that Sehun’s. Nonetheless she was gorgeous, everybody looked at her with admiration. It’s a mystery why she has not been betrothed yet, but rumors have been spreading that she has been spending time with a stable boy.

 

“That’s right, Sooyeon!” Sehun exclaimed. He had jumped into the room when Sooyeon was complaining.

“You’re freaking me out, ughhh” the princess cringed. “By the way, I came here to ask for your permission to visit Heechul. Would you allow me, Father?”

“Of course, sweetheart” Joonmyun replied. Heechul used to be the Crown Prince of Aero but he gave up his position so he could marry the then-Crown Prince now-King Hangeng of Guang Kingdom

“He wants to see Sehun, Father.”

“You can’t really bring him in this condition, Princess” the knight said

“Kyungsoo’s right Sooyeon, He needs to be here so we can figure out how to fix this”

The Princess nodded at the two men’s words. As she turned her head to her frog brother her expression suddenly turned solemn.

 

“I just hope that you’ll be a human when I come back, Sehun” Sooyeon said as she patted the top of his head “It’s really weird to touch you when you’re so slimy” she sighed

“I hope so too, dear sister.”