Jaebum and Jinyoung (Part 3)

Connection

Hi, dear readers! Thank you for your love for this story! Honestly, I still have many things to learn and improve but the love you guys are giving make me really happy! This will be the last JJP sweet moments before it ends and there will be Mark in the next chapter~
I know many of you want Mark, but I ask of you to be patient until next week!

Warning: Man impregnation ahead. Read at your own risk.

 

 

“That’s why I said, I don’t want it!” Jinyoung shouted angrily, startling the rest of the customers and workers in the shop.

“That’s surprising. I thought you’d be thrill,” Jaebum commented calmly. It was not like the first time he had to bear with Jinyoung’s wrath. His fiancé would occasionally get pissed, but he was already used to it.

“Are you kidding me? I looked like an orchestra conductor!” Jinyoung shouted back like crazy while gripping Jaebum’s arm tightly as if to shield himself from the white suit that was held out by one of the shop workers that assisted them on their wedding suits.

“You look beautiful in those though. Isn’t it every bride’s dream to wear it?”

“That’s not why I’m marrying you!”

“Okay, okay. I get it,” Jaebum surrendered.

“Um…but sirs, we do have all different kind of white bridal suits that you can choose,” the assistant offered.

“No, thank you!” Jinyoung replied loudly, before he dashed out of the store while Jaebum and their assistant can only watched him leave. Jaebum sighed at Jinyoung’s behavior. He had been behaving like a spoilt child lately, especially when they were working on their wedding preparation. The last time Jinyoung got angry was over the type of flowers for the wedding. In the end, they could not decide on it because Jinyoung did not like all of the flowers provided, not even his favourite flower. After Jaebum apologized to the shop assistant, he quickly left and caught up to Jinyoung who was waiting outside with a frown.

It had been almost 6 years since their first meeting, and it was their 4th year in Seoul. After Jaebum graduated from high school, he went to a college in Seoul. The one year being apart from each other had been really hard, so Jinyoung decided to study in Seoul too after he finished his high school. They rented a small apartment and worked part time to share the rent payment. Then, after 5 months working in a publishing company, Jaebum proposed to him.

“You don’t have to be like that, you know?” Jaebum said once they were in the car, riding back home. Sometimes, he would look at Jinyoung who had his head laid against the window, sulking.

“It’s not my fault that their suits are . They aren’t even suitable for wedding,” Jinyoung said while pouting.

“It can’t be that bad. But say, you’re really in a bad mood lately. On your period?” Jaebum teased.

“It’s not that!” Jinyoung yelled back. His cheeks reddened in embarrassment while Jaebum was laughing at his reaction.

“I don’t know why,” Jinyoung continued. His fingers entangled with each other, showing that he was in a serous thought. “Bum-ah, I don’t know why I feel like this.”

“Tell me, babe, so I can help,” Jaebum said.

“Well, I was really excited when you proposed to me, and I still am happy whenever I think that I’ll be your wife soon,” Jinyoung started to explain. “But something doesn’t feel right. Of course, I want the best wedding we could have, but I still couldn’t find it. To be honest, the wedding plan we worked on is great. The wedding hall and everything is perfect. But there’s something missing. I feel as if, this isn’t what I want.”

After his honest explanation, neither of them had a word for a few minutes. Jaebum was concentrating on the road with no expression, and Jinyoung started to feel anxious if what he said had caused Jaebum to be angry. Somehow, he could feel the tension slowly sank in. After a short moment of silence, Jaebum finally spoke up.

“So, were you saying you don’t wanna get married right now? Is it still early for us?” Jaebum said.

“What?”

“Well, I do think maybe that’s the case. I just got a job and you’re still studying. You think maybe we’re too fast?” Jaebum elaborated.

But then Jinyoung quickly denies. “No! That’s not what I meant!” he said. “There’s nothing in this world that I wanted more than marrying you! Bum-ah, I promised to be with you forever right?”

“I know, but it doesn’t have to be now. We can wait longer, at least until you finish your study.”

“No, I don’t wanna wait anymore. We’ll get married no matter what. And stop saying you wanna postpone the wedding! It’s as if I’m the only one eager to get married,” Jinyoung pouted.

Jaebum laughed. “Alright, I’m sorry, okay? I won’t say it anymore. I can’t wait to marry you too,” Jaebum said, taking his fiancé’s hand into his. “So tell me, what’s the real problem here?”

“If I know, I won’t ask you,” Jinyoung said, faking his sulk even though he felt happy from Jaebum’s touch.

“How about we change the wedding plan?” Jaebum suggested.

“The whole plan? But the wedding is just a month away!” Jinyoung protested.

“It’s okay. I have an idea. Trust me,” Jaebum reassured him while tightening his grip on Jinyoung’s hand. Jinyoung sighed. Since Jaebum had said that, he had no choice other than to believe him. And he was right.

After a month, they had their wedding in the simplest way. Jaebum had cancelled the entire wedding plan and made it according to Jinyoung’s preference. The wedding ceremony was held in a church in Jaebum’s orphanage. It was a sweet memory for him, so Jinyoung requested to have a wedding in a place where he grew up. They only invited Jinyoung’s family and relatives, their close friends as well as the teachers and orphans in the orphanage. They even asked the priest to officiate the wedding and Jinyoung’s cousin as the Best Man who held the wedding rings. The food served was made by a close friend of Jinyoung’s mother who managed a catering service, while the flowers and all sorts of furnishing and decoration were handled by the orphanage staffs. They said it was as a final gift for Jaebum so he could live his marriage life happily. And luckily, they finally managed to find the best wedding suits, which were not much, but the best for them. The wedding was so simple, nothing like any other grand ceremony that they usually see in Seoul, but it was more than enough. They only wanted to convey their vows to each other in front of their closed ones, and so they did.

 

One year later on their first wedding anniversary, Jaebum was driving back home as fast as he could. He had promised Jinyoung to be home early to celebrate it together. While Jaebum was working in the day, Jinyoung was in charge of the preparation at home (since he was just graduated from college and had a lot of free time). But Jaebum had made sure to get the cake and a special gift for him, so he could not wait to be home and surprised his wife. However, he did not know that he would be the one to be surprised first.

As soon as he got to the door, Jinyoung quickly opened it and pulled him inside. But instead of going to the dining table, Jinyoung dragged his husband to the living room and sat him down on the sofa after he put down the cake and the gift box aside.

“What is it? I thought you wanna celebrate it quick,” Jaebum asked, confused with Jinyoung’s behavior.

“I know! But I wanna give your present first,” his wife said excitedly. Looking at his eagerness, Jaebum grinned playfully.

“Is my present that great? I think the one that I got for you is better that you’ll kiss me nonstop,” Jaebum challenged him.

“Are you sure? Let see who’ll be kissing who. I’ll show you first!” Jinyoung said in such a joy that Jaebum himself was getting curious. Jinyoung gave him a long, red cardboard tube which was tied with a white ribbon, like the one people used in giving graduation certificates. His husband took it while looking at him strangely, wondering if the inside was what he was thinking.

“Have you graduated already?” he asked, causing Jinyoung to laugh.

“No! Just open it already!” Jinyoung whined, getting more impatient.

Jaebum sighed then shaking his head at Jinyoung’s behavior. He was being weird, even though he looked exceptionally estatic. Jaebum had not seen him like that in a long time. Not since his birthday. No, I had never seen him this excited before, Jaebum thought. He then opened the tube and the first thing he took out was a white paper wrapped in circle from inside the box. He looked at his wife bewilderedly but the look of excitement on his face ensured him that it was indeed good. So he unwrapped the paper and the content written inside was really unexpected. He glanced back at Jinyoung in shock.

“Is this real?” he asked to confirm.

Jinyoung nodded eagerly. “There’s something more inside!” he said.

His husband then turned the tube upside down and a pink-coloured pregnancy test kit fell onto his palm. His hand was shaking when he saw the sign on the kit had shown two invisible black lines.

“You really mean…you’re pregnant?” he asked, looking at Jinyoung whose smile had become widen.

“I had been having morning sickness for days so I checked it myself, but I went to the hospital yesterday to confirm, and indeed I…” Jinyoung was trying to explain but was interrupted when his husband abruptly stood and lifted him up in his arms. He twirled them around the living room in so much excitement and shouted, “We did it, Jinyoung-ah! We did it! I’m gonna be a father!”

“Yah! At least let me finish talking first!” Jinyoung playfully hit his husband’s shoulder, but he too laughed happily.

“I can’t! I’m so happy! Oh, Jinyoung-ah! This is the best gift ever!” Jaebum exclaimed.

Jinyoung chuckled. “So? Will you kiss me? The best gift will get a kiss, right?”

At that question, Jaebum’s smile suddenly disappeared. “Oh, no…” he gasped and it confused his wife.

“What’s wrong, Bum-ah?”

“Since it’s our first anniversary, I thought we can go at it all we want tonight. I guess we can’t now,” Jaebum sighed.

“Shut up! I thought you’re happy!” Jinyoung shouted with his cheeks reddened and Jaebum laughed at him.

“I’m just kidding. Of course I’m happy! Finally, we get what we’re always hoping for. Thank you, Jinyoung-ah. You’re awesome!” Jaebum said, his eyes full of adoration for his wife and he kissed his lips lovingly causing Jinyoung to smile.

“You really do want a child, huh?”

“Yup! It’s ours, Jinyoung-ah. It’s the most significant proof that you’re mine, that this child is a breed from our love. A human being that only we can make, our child,” Jaebum said.

Listening to his husband’s sweet words, Jinyoung doubted that he could hold his heart from bursting. His heart was thumping so hard that he cried. He bumped their noses affectionately against each other and whispered, “I believe that our child will be so loved.”

With that said, Jaebum decided to buy a new apartment complex which was much bigger than the one they rented. He said it would be a better environment for their baby to grow up. Therefore one day, they were going out to the shopping district to buy some new furniture and baby’s stuffs.

“Why don’t you choose any couch that you like, Jinyoung-ah?” Jaebum told him, and instantly, Jinyoung jogged around and looking about excitedly that Jaebum yelled at him to be careful. “Your asthma is getting worse since you’re pregnant! Be careful, will you!”

But Jinyoung did not care much. He tried out almost all of the couches displayed in the store to pick out the most comfortable one, until he found a dark brown chaise sectional sofa and lay down on it.

“Have you decided?” Jaebum came and asked him while sitting down beside his lying figure. “This kind of couch is pretty good. So it’s this one?”

Jinyoung stared at him for a brief moment, before taking his left hand with his hand and brought it to his lips for a soft kiss. “Say, how should I put it. This whole decorating a new living place for the baby with someone is a first time for me. It’s amazing that all my first times were with you. Don’t you feel the same?”

Jaebum smiled. Then he planted a chaste kiss on Jinyoung’s forehead and whispered, “I do. I’ve the same feeling as yours. Because you’re my first love and forever will be my last.”

 

 

For the next chapter, please prepare some tissues.