Resonating Heart (FINAL)

Resonating Heart

"Don't expect me to come 'cause I won't come at all."

"Oh please give it a chance will you?"

"I can't.."

"Please just this time," the man pleaded as his cousin frowned.

"Fine," he replied and all its settled right away.

***

Being in grand prestigious party every night was Do Kyung Soo's things. He stared boredly at the gypsum ceilings decorated with beautiful chandeliers every night and feeling like nauseated with the same sights. He often drank the finest wine but still, everything was boring.

Kyung Soo agreed to go to a classical music concert because he simply didn't want his hyung to be alone. He was too nice to ignore people that close to him personally. The plan to fall asleep crossed his mind for once. It wasn't that he dislike the type of the music, but it was boring enough for him.

The hall was huge as they entered it after buying the tickets. People started to crowd around, making Kyung Soo grew annoyed. Even then, he coldly led Joonmyeon, his lovely cousin and opened the area for him to walk on.

"Excuse me," He said as he saw a man, standing in front of them,  blocking the path.

Hr groaned when the man didn't respond and harshly get through with Joonmyeon who yelped in shock when his hand was being grabbed by Kyung Soo. The man never turned around to see the dumb person. It wasn't important to know who he was. At last after they sat, Joonmyeon dared to turn around. His eyes widened for a bit but he choose to stare ahead again when the man they bumped walked ahead them.

Kyung Soo didn't care the moment when another person sat next to him. People finally settled themselves on the seat and the performance would begin soon.

"Excuse me, sir. These are the partitures," an offiicer said as Kyung Soo turned aside to see bunch of papers were given by the officer to the man next to him.

His eyes widened upon the notebook on the man's lap. The man wrote 'thank you' and showed it to the officer. He sighed because a mute person sat beside him but it mean that he could sleep peacefully.

But wait, why do he need the music sheets?

Kyung Soo scanned the man silently. Noticing the normal movements of people in him. He was quite handsome. No, surprisingly handsome with sharp jaw lines and plump lips. Kyung Soo felt the guilt to strike this man harshly before.

"Excuse me," He whispered near the man but got no response. "Hello?" Kyung Soo raised his tone a bit but still, the man didn't move an inch so he decided to poke the man's shoulder softly.

It worked and the man turned aside. Kyung Soo lost track of his breath and gasped upon the closeness. The man crooked his eyebrows in confusion and Kyung Soo's tongue was freezing right away. The man turned to his notebook and wrote.

Is there anything wrong? I'm sorry but I can't hear a sound.

Kyung Soo's jaw hung open right after he read that. He shook his head at last when the concert was officially began. Joonmyeon was absorbed to the music but Kyung Soo swifted carefully to sometimes glance at the man who couldn't hear. Like who's going to a music concert but couldn't hear the notes. He was kinda grateful to his ability to hear.

He took his phone which in silent mode and opened the memo application.

I'm sorry for being rude earlier. I didn't know.

After he typed, he poked again and the man confusely received his phone just to see the message. He sighed in relief to see the man typed the reply right away.

It's fine. I'm used to it.

The moment the man gave the phone back really left Kyung Soo froze because of the dazzling smile. He read for a while and quickly replied a thank you. Another thought passed in his mind and he typed again.

Say, I'm sorry again for asking. But I'm curious in why you in a music concert when you can't hear and how you hear the music. Sorry if it's rude again.

The man smiled after he read the message and typed a reply. Kyung Soo quite like it to talk like this because they didn't make a single noise and he didn't get bored, at last.

I used to hear before. So I can imagine the sound. The music is amazing.

Kyung Soo gasped upon the response he got. Never in his life he was being grateful to all that he had. But today, he began to aware about his perfect hearing. He didn't hear the music at all but paying attention to the man instead. Right after the concert ended, the man stood up and Kyung Soo's hand moved itself to hold the latter's shoulder with Joonmyeon who gasped in shock upon the bold move.

"What are you doing?" Joonmyeon whispered.

Kyung Soo held his phone and the man stared at the letters.

Can I know your name?

The man widened his eyes in shock but stopped struggling to go. Kyung Soo let go of his hand and he quickly fished his own phone out.

It's Kim Jongin. What's yours?

Do Kyung Soo. Nice to meet you. I guess.

***

Kim Jongin wasn't the ordinary people out there. He was the ace in piano. Always be number one in every competition. But there was before the accident happened. He lost his hearing at the golden age of eighteen. Once he was angry, he threw everything in his vision. Yelling but couldn't hear his own scream.

He pushed himself to believe that he could hear one day so he kept coming at the music concert. Everytime he got the extra partiture prepared when he was known to attend. He was glad that he could arrange the music in his mind according to the partitures.

That one day was ordinary until he almost fell when someone shoved him harshly beside. He didn't take a chance to see the person already and let it go for once. He then entered the dimmed hall and waited for his assistance charged to deal with  the partitures. He smiled at the moment he received that because he actually loved this piecee before he went deaf.

He felt someone poked his shoulder and he turned aside just to see a man looked exactly as pororo, his favorite childhood animation, with his wide eyes and paled frozen skin who gave his phone. His eyes widened to see the messages the man gave to him and amazed that someone actually wanted to talk to him.

Now he was here, sitting nicely in the cafe where Kyung Soo, the nice man requested. Smelling all the coffees actually calmed his mind a lot so he didn't mind when the other decided to meet up here. He looked up from his book when he felt a poke on his shoulder.

Hello.

He once widened his eyes upon the notebook in front of him. Kyung Soo grinned as he sat across Jongin and Jongin couldn't be happier to see a heart-shaped smile like that. He never met someone so nice like him and being deaf didn't make anything better. Even he tried to guess what people said from the movement of their lips, it still didn't work well. Suddenly he felt someone took his hand and wrote on his palm.

Let's go, Kim Jongin.

Kyung Soo smiled the moment Jongin beamed a smile upon him. They seemed to understand each other like an old friend. It felt right to be near Jongin and Joonmyeon even the whole night because he couldn't help but dozing off about Jongin. He gained his consciousness when Jongin turned his hand and wrote.

Okay then, Kyung Soo hyung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Are you okay if I'm deaf?  You told me that you're  a singer but I will never hear your voice.

I don't care, Jongin. I love you as you are.

Thank you hyung. I love you too.

Kyung Soo closed the notebook and kissed Jongin's forehead while holding his hand tenderly. He lifted the younger's hand and stared at the ring circled on his finger. Jongin grinned and laced his fingers with Kyung Soo. He smiled upon the affection and he promised not to make Kyung Soo sad again, forever.