Repair

Repair

REPAIR

 

A beautiful lady dressed in white coat and soft pink floral scarf was seen entering a coffe shop down the road with an equally outstanding man. People would say that they’re a match made heaven but no one know the truth behind their masked faces. They both went straight to the counter ordering something to accompany their rendezvouz. One iced black coffee with whipped cream and a slice of chocolate cake for the lady. The man only ordered a cup of hot cappucinno since he’s not in a mood to eat anything. They proceed to search an empty space to sit after their received their order, thankfully, there’s one vacant spot beside the window.

“So...err,how are you?” The man, slightly shaking, asked his companion after they properly seated.

“As you can see, i’m fine. We’re fine.” She answered in mono-tone and kept her expression straight.

“Ah, it’s good, yeah. If i may ask, how old is he?”

“He’s four. Cut the crap, Jongin. What do you want?” Kyungsoo said coldly. Her anger towards this coward man had reached it’s peak and she couldn’t hold it any longer.

“I..,well, Kyungsoo, i came here searching for you and our son, i just want to apologize for all my stupid actions in the past. I’m sorry, Kyungsoo ya. I really sorry...” He asked for her forgiveness.

Asking was an understatement. He begged for it.

Despite of all his pleas, Kyungsoo just couldn’t forgive him easily. Everything that he did leave all the pain inside her heart. Yes, she was in love with him but her friends – Baekhyun and Chanyeol – had succesfully open her eyes. And she knew that she was stupid back then for expecting his responsibility.

“You think that i’m stupid? Jongin, i’m not that Kyungsoo anymore. You can’t just come back and say sorry. After everything you did to me, to us? I’m leaving, thanks for the treat anyways.” Kyungsoo said her final words and left the place furiously.

For a second, Jongin could only stare at blank space. Then he realized that this time, he wanted to make sure that everything is going back to the right track. He wanted to amend his mistakes. Jongin didn’t have any intention to let Kyungsoo go,so he ran to catch Kyungsoo, leaving two cups of untouched coffee behind.

 

‘What is wrong with him? Showing up after all these years?’ Kyungsoo thought while walking towards the bus stop. She didn’t want to make Sehun worried, sure he’s been accompanied by Baekhyun - well she asked for Baekhyun’s help to babysit Sehun for awhile and Baekhyun was beyond mad hearing Jongin had a guts to show his face - but that’s a different story. She just wanted to see Sehun fast and hug him. She didn’t realize that someone was catching up behind her.

“Kyungsoo ya! Wait!” Jongin screamed and Kyungsoo now realized that Jongin followed her so she ran as fast as she could. She met an intersection and unaware to the situation she passed the street when the green light is on.

Too bad, her lithe body was hit by a car that speeding through the green light and everything went blur.

She barely recognized Jongin’s voice that asked her to stay awake, that everything’s going to be okay, the he would call ambulance and he’s sorry. And then it’s all black.

‘Sehun’

 


 

 
   

"YA! Kim Jongin! What did you do?!” Baekhyun screamed on top of her lungs, didn’t care where she is now. She’s just couldn’t restrain her anger hearing what happened to her friend. She slapped his face hard and Jongin took it willingly because guilt ate him alive. He never thought that his stupid effort would ended up like this.

“Auntie Baekkie, why we are here? Where’s my mom? Sehunnie wants mom!” Sehun asked Baekhyun while tugging at her shirt also with his teary eyes.

“Sehun, come, Uncle Chanyeol have something for you.” Chanyeol tried to divert Sehun’s attention. He knew that Baekhyun wouldn’t hear everything - including Sehun’s questions - when she lost her control. And thankfully, Sehun bit his bait. His little feet moved towards where Chanyeol was standing while holding a packet of chocolate bread – Sehun’s favorite. Chanyeol then picked Sehun up, he gave Baekhyun a sign that he’ll bring Sehun outside their commotion.

Seeing Sehun was out of their sight, Baekhyun continuing her rant. “Kim Jongin! Are you stupid? Can you just leave Kyungsoo alone? Why bother to ruin her peaceful life?!”

“I didn’t mean to.. i, i just want to talk to her and explain myself to make everything’s back to normal, Baekhyun-ah.”

“Normal you said? Everything was normal until you showed up, Jongin.” Baekhyun tried to lower her voice after she received nasty glares from other patient and family at the Emergency Room, “Can’t you see? You ruined Kyungsoo once again. And Sehun! Oh my God, if anything happens to Kyungsoo, i will never forgive you!”

Bad thoughts haunted Jongin’s mind. ‘What if something wrong happened to Kyungsoo?’

It’s all his fault. His fault for making Kyungsoo suffered. He didn’t pay any attention to Baekhyun’s rant. He was drowning in regret.

 

After an hour that felt like a million years,the red light finally turned off, indicating the operation has finally over.

“Is there any family members of Do Kyungsoo here?” Dr.Zhang asked no one in particular after stepped out from the operating room.

“I’m her husband, Dr.Zhang. How is Kyungsoo?” Surprisingly, it was Jongin who answered the doctor’s question.

“He’s not – “ Baekhyun tried to argue, but Jongin gave her a pleading look that makes her shout . She let it pass for once.

“Well, okay, so fortunately it was just a minor head injury. There’s nothing to be worried about her head injuries. However, unfortunately, she fractured her left foot so in the meantime she should wear a cast. Don’t make her do something that will make her foot worsen. That’s all, i’ll take my leave and you may see her now since she’s awake now.” Dr.Zhang explained Kyungsoo’s condition in details.

Thank you so much, doctor. We really appreciate your hard work.” This time, it’s Baekhyun who gave a response.

“It’s my duty to help. So, i’ll be leaving now. Good evening.” Dr.Zhang left Baekhyun and Jongin alone to give them chance to visit Kyungsoo.

“Listen to me, Kim Jongin. You better do it right this time. I may hate you but i know deep down inside her heart, she still yearn about you. Go ahead, i’ll stay here.” Baekhyun gave him a chance to amend his mistake.

Kim Jongin was not in a place to waste this opportunity.

 


 

 
   

Do Kyungsoo was laying there in the plain hospital bed. She kept her eyes closed eventhough she’s awake. She knew that someone’s coming.

“Kyungsoo-ah. It’s me. Are you okay?” a soft whisper came from Jongin’s plump lips expecting direct answer from her. But he got nothing.

“Kyungsoo-ah, i’m sorry.” He tried once more. Again, only a faint drip sound from the IV can be heard. ‘Maybe Kyungsoo really hates me now.’

He already prepared to leave the room when she spoke softly, “Jongin..”

“Yes, Kyungsoo. I’m here.” He then sit beside Kyungsoo’s bed, trying to gain her trust back.

“Where’s Sehun?”

“He... Chanyeol took him out to eat. Maybe they’ll be back soon.”

“Ah, okay. Baekhyun must be here too. Where is she?”

“She’s outside. She let me in first, do you want me to fetch her?”

Kyungsoo tried to straighten her body but failed due to her condition. Jongin helped her to make her body cozy enough and maybe it’s Jongin’s time. She didn’t protest. She let Jongin helped her.

“I guess, i can do much since i broke my leg.” Kyungsoo sighed in defeat.

“If you don’t mind, i can help you, Kyungsoo.” Jongin offered his help, “No, in fact, i want to help you.”

“Answer me one question Jongin.” She didn’t response to his offer, instead, she gave him a stern look, “Where have you been?”

Jongin could only sigh, guess he was destined to reveal everything now. His cowardness, his sudden departure from her life, everything.

Then he started, “Kyungsoo-ah, you mayt think that i was a coward back then. I admit that i had not responsible from what i did to you. I left you because of my own fears. I was young, my parents were never pay attention to me. All they ever cared was money, wealth and so on. I was a rebel. Thus, i did everything to get their attention. I smoke, went to the clubs, threw wild parties, slept around. Until i met you. Truthfully, you started to make me realize the stupidity that i continuously made. You gave me love, you gave me all your heart. Until that time, when you said that you’re carrying my child. I was shocked, i was thinking, ‘Will i be able to be a good father to our child?’, i was worried. I don’t want to give him – or her – my bad habit. So i left. I’m sorry, Kyungsoo-ah.” Tears strolled down from his hazel eyes. He didn’t care anymore, he just wanted to let it out. To show his weakness in front of once his lover.

“Jongin-ah..” Kyungsoo tried to cut Jongin’s rant but didn’t succeed. Jongin kept chanting ‘sorry’ over and over again.

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo, i’m really sorry for all my mistakes, leaving you and Sehun behind. I’m sorry.” His once steady voice down to a merely shaking whisper.

‘So that’s why....’ Kyungsoo spoke inside her head. She thought that Jongin was playing with her, but turned out, there’s something more behind. Jongin’s fright. He was battling against his fears, alone. So she made a decision for both of them.

“Jongin, come.” She extended her hands, trying to reach Jongin’s body. She ignored her pain, hugging him tight and whispered, “I forgive you, Jongin.”

“I’m sorr- eh?” that three words caught Jongin off guard.

Kyungsoo smiled warmly seeing Jongin’s reaction.

Like he used to be. Silly Jongin.

“I said, i forgive you.” She told him once again and this time, Jongin heard it right. For once, Jongin felt like a heavy burden lifted from his shoulder.

They both looked at eachother’s eyes. Love once again radiated from their eyes.

Love.

No regrets.

 

“Mooooooooooom! Sehunnie is heeeeereeeee!” Sehun screamed while barging inside with Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were trying to follow him.

“Ups, sorry Jongin-ah, he just wanted to see his mother.” Chanyeol grinned while scratching his not-so-itchy head.

“Are you alright, Kyungsoo ya? Did Jongin hurts you?” Baekhyun acted like an over-protective mother.

“Hey! I did nothing!” Jongin pouted, feel slightly wronged. And like years ago, Kyungsoo Jongin’s cheek with her soft palm when he acted like a child.

Seeing his mother showering affection to anyone beside him, Sehun felt slightly jealous. He started to throw many questions to his mother.

“Mom, who is he? Why is he here? Only Sehunnie can get your attention!” He tried to gain Kyungsoo’s attention by tugging her hospital shirt. And Jongin couldn’t say anything and let Kyungsoo answered for him.

Before Kyungsoo could answer her only son’s questions, sensing that this little family needs a space, the Park decided to interrupt. “Well, i think i left my phone at the cafetaria. Baekkie, come help me pleaseee.” Chanyeol said. “You stupid little things, how could you be so forgetful? Let’s find it before it’s gone. Have a good rest, Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun added and they both left her room, fast.

Kyungsoo knew their intention, she felt grateful towards their sense. She then averted her attention to Sehun and she tried to answer Sehun’s curiosity slowly.

“Well, Sehun-ah, right,” Kyungsoo attempted to compose herself, “Sehunnie, can you guess who he is?”

“Your friend? But he looks like me. Oh! Do i have an older brother?” Sehun guessed in a cute way.

Jongin laughed at the backgroud that makes Kyungsoo slapped him playfully on his shoulder.

“No, Sehunnie. Err, do you remember when you asked for a dad?”

“Uh huh, Sehunnie remembers asking God to give me a dad so i can have what Minseokkie hyung have too.” Sehun responded after struggling with his own to recall his memories.

“Well, Sehunnie,God finally granted your wish. This man is really your dad. His name is Kim Jongin and he is sorry he could only come now because he’s busy with his work.” Kyungsoo sugarcoated her answer so that Sehun wouldn’t mad.

“REALLY? SEHUNNIE CAN HAVE ONE?” Sehun screamed in joy.

Jongin finally regained his composure and greeted Sehun, his son.

“Hi, Sehun. My name is Jongin and i’m your dad.”      

      


 

 

 

 
   

EPILOGUE

 

“Dad! Hurry up! I don’t want to be late on my first day!” Sehun shouted from downstairs hoping his dad would fasten his pace with a piece of bread between his teeth. His black and white backpack slung over his shoulder.

A rushed step can be heard, and finally his fathed made his appearance. His mother trailing behind, she tried to fix his father tie.

“Jongin-ah, you can’t meet your business partner like this. At least wear your tie properly.” Kyungsoo lectured her husband while fixing his tie.

“Mom, please hurry! I’m super laaaaaaate now.” Sehun desperatedly trying to hurry both of his parents.

“Fine, Kyungsoo ya, Sehun always never let you spoil me. Poor me.” Jongin pouted playfully.

“Ha! Jealous over your own son? Really, Jongin?”

“Moooom! Daaaad!

“Okay,okay! We’ll be going then, Kyungsoo-ya. Take care.” Kim Jongin said to his wife, not forgetting to kiss her forehead. Then he shouted to let Sehun knows that he’s ready. “Sehunnie! Let’s go!”

“Mom, we’re leaving! Love you!”

And the father and son left, riding Jongin’s black mini van, leaving smiling Kyungsoo at home.

 

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.

It's learning to dance in the rain.

 



                                                                                                                       

Author’s Note :

I’ve told you to keep your expectation low but please forgive me if i made (many) grammatical errors, typos and everything since English isn’t my first language.

Please leave any feedback(s) below, be it critics or suggestions (i need those to help my writing hehe). Anyways, please enjoy this story! Also, thank you for subscribing and upvoting my story. Thank you thank you thank you! Terimakasih banyak!

P.S  : almost 2300 words, i'm breaking my own record lol.