Good Girls

Sweet Like Suga

*A/N Hi hello yes, I am still alive and this story is also still alive. I'm so sorry for taking so long to update /cries/ ;-; Hopefully it gets easier from here. This chapter was inspired by a song called Good Girls by 5 Seconds of Summer. I hope you enjoy it.

 

"Just turn around and forget what you saw // 'Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught.”

 

    "Come oooonnnn, let's get ice cream!" You sighed and set down the papers you were looking over.

    "Yoongi, I have to approve the budget for prom by tomorrow and I'd much rather get it done sooner than later. And anyway, it's bad to skip class," you chastised. It was Monday and he was in your 'office'- which was really just part of the Associative Student Body classroom, sectioned off with pretty room dividers.

    "How would you know, you've never ditched class before," he muttered. Yoongi fixed you with a look that you immediately brushed off, looking back down at the papers in front of you. He whined like a puppy who wanted attention and you called on the power of every god that could possibly exist to give you the willpower not to look up. But he said your name in that pleading tone of voice and you knew you were done. You spared him a glance and your defenses almost crumbled. Almost. 

    "No," you said firmly, turning your attention back to prom. A silence ensued for a good ten seconds or so when he said your name again- this time, in an entirely different tone of voice. Chills ran down your spine and you looked up at him cautiously to find his face close to yours.

    Jumping in surprise, your chair rolled backwards into the wall, where he kept you in place, both hands gripping the armrests on either side of you. "M-Min Yoongi," you stuttered as he leaned in close.

    "Come on, I just want to spend time with you. You and me," he murmured, his voice low, causing tons of mini-shocks through your body. "Please?" His lips were mere millimeters away when-

    "What the hell is going on here?" asked a familiar voice- the voice of your Vice President. Instinctively, you shoved Yoongi away, sending him knocking into your desk.

    "J-Joonmyun, I-" You started to panic a little when Yoongi chuckled lowly. 

    "Well, if it isn't the VP himself," he said, leaning lazily against your desk. 

    "What are you doing here, Yoongi?" asked Joonmyun, trying to sound like he wasn't afraid of the other boy.

    Yoongi, always quick and sharp in sudden situations, answered without a beat. "I was just trying to get Miss President to let me off of tomorrow's detention," he said, stretching like a cat.

    "And why, pray tell, should she excuse you from detention?" Joonmyun looked like he really wasn't interested in the reason and his voice was sarcastic, but Yoongi gave him an answer anyway.

    "'Cause I have a hot date after school tomorrow." You eyes widen in surprise at his answer and Joonmyun just rolled his eyes. "We're going to get ice cream." He winked at you, walked past your VP, and sauntered out of the room.

    "That jerk," muttered Joonmyun, shaking his head. He turned to you questioningly, but you waved him off before he could start.

    "Don't even ask," you said, falling back into your chair.

 

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

 

    "My hip hurts," Yoongi whined over the phone that night. You sighed and he could just picture your eye roll as you did so.

    "Well maybe it wouldn't if you hadn't been so close to me when you knew anyone totally could've walked in," you said matter-of-factly.

    "So you're saying it's my own fault I got hurt?"

    “Yes."

    "Savage," he muttered and you laughed.

    "Okay, fine, it was my fault too."

    You could practically hear the smile in his voice when he said, "Oh was it now?"

    As you climbed into bed, a thought drifted into your mind. "Are you... I mean, you should go to sleep soon." You wanted to ask where he would be sleeping because it varied from night to night and you were always concerned when it wasn't next to you.

    "I will, don't worry. I'm making ramen for Namjoon first. He says he's going to be up studying for like half the night." You sighed in relief because you knew that when he was with Namjoon, he was safe.

    "Do you want me to stay up with you until you get to bed?" you asked.

    His voice was soft, gentle. "Will you do that?" You grinned at his sudden change in tone.

    "Of course."

 

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

 

    "You owe me. My hip still hurts." He pouted cutely and you shook your head.

    "You know that I refuse to ditch," you told him, running a hand through your hair. So much was going on that you had to deal with and you had no spare time.

    He rolled his eyes. "You can still do your work when we get there."

    "Don't make me kick you out of the- YOONGI!" you yelped as he lifted you right out of your seat.

    "We're getting ice cream, even if I have to carry you out of this room." Your eyes widened.

    "No. I can't! What will people say if they saw me ditching school?" Your voice showed that you were on the verge of panicking and he leaned in to kiss you, your nerves kicking in an entirely different way. 

    "They'll say, 'Hey look, Miss President is finally acting like a high school senior' and then they'll forget they even saw you." You sighed and he smiled. "C'mon, babe. Just this once?"

 

~

 

    "We're so going to get caught," you groaned into your hands as Yoongi steered the car out of the student parking lot.

    "Only if you keep saying that," he said, shooting you a 'don't jinx it' glance. You slumped down in your seat. "Security on this campus is ."

    Not many words were exchanged as he drove, partly because you were looking at papers and partly because you still weren't feeling the whole ditching thing. He opened the door for you- a perfect gentleman- and you couldn't shake the feeling of being outside of school during school hours.

    You worked at looking over papers of various importances as you ate your coffee ice cream until Yoongi snatched them from you and put them away quickly. "Yoongi! You said I could do my work," you said, pouting.

     "You work too hard. Relax, live a little," he said as he held his ice cream out to you. You sighed and took a bite, letting the taste sink in. When you finally got to a more relaxed state, you sighed.

    "Hmm...maybe ditching isn't so bad," you muttered as you continued to eat. He smiled, slinging his arm around your shoulders.

    "I told you so."

 

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

 

    “You said you already understood this part,” you said, looking up from the literature textbook. It was after school hours a few days later and you were sitting in a study room in the library, Yoongi by your side. He shrugged and tapped the page.

    “Can’t you explain it one more time?” Sighing, you nodded and began to explain a page from Crime and Punishment. You were halfway through reading the page when you felt his arm slide around your waist.

    “Yoongi, stop.” You tried to move your chair away but he pouted and you cursed internally. “Just focus on the text,” you muttered, giving in. You finished reading the text and looked at him. “Now explain it back to me.” He did as he was told and you nodded, moving on.

    Your voice trailed off when he leaned down and rested his head on your shoulder. “Are you tired?” He nodded and you turned towards him to his hair gently. “Next time don’t stay up so late. I’m gonna tell Namjoon to send you to bed early tonight.” Yoongi didn’t reply and instead pulled you closer, burying his face into your neck.

    Keeping still, you allowed him to rest for a bit, inhaling his sweet, slightly spicy scent. After about five minutes, you glanced down at your phone to check the time. You nearly cursed. It was almost time for the hourly study room rotation and the plan had been for one of you to leave early as to not get found out by anyone.

    “Yoongi, we have to leave now, it’s almost been an hour.” He mumbled something incoherent before detatching himself from you and laying his head on the table. “Yoongi-”

    “Time for room rota- What are you two doing here?” Joonmyun burst in, eyes narrowed in suspicion.

    “I was trying to tutor this one, but he was being difficult,” you answered easily, while Yoongi replied with, “What’s it to you, genius?”

    “I’m leaving,” you said quickly, packing up your stuff and shooting Yoongi a meaningful look before hurrying to the entrance of the library.

    “I have no more business here,” he muttered, snatching his backpack from the floor and lazily tossing his book into it. “See you around, genius,” he called as he sauntered out of the library.

 

    “That was too close,” you sighed, leaning back in the passenger seat of Yoongi’s car.

    “Tell me about it. The guy must’ve been cursed with bad timing.” Yoongi started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. “Wanna go somewhere? It’s Friday and I know you’ve already finished all your homework,” he said matter-of-factly.

    You nodded. “Let’s get out of here.”

 

~

 

    That night, Yoongi stayed with you, much to your relief. “My dad is on a business trip and my mom went out with friends. She probably won’t be back until way late.” You tied up your hair, all ready for bed as he stepped into your bathroom to freshen up. He had started to keep a spare pair of shorts in your closet since the night he had first stayed with you specifically for nights like these and you were glad.

    He emerged from the bathroom fresh-faced, the tips of his hair damp. There wasn’t a sight that could have made you happier than at that moment. “Come here,” you smiled, holding your arms out to him. Yoongi hit the light switch and crawled into bed next to you, arms wrapping around your waist tightly before letting out a long sigh. You frowned. “Are you okay?” you asked worriedly.

    “Tired,” he murmured, face buried in the crook of your neck.

    You felt your heart sink a bit at his weary tone and his hair soothingly. “Sleep,” you whispered as he relaxed in your arms.

 

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

 

    Wednesday morning of the next week found you in a crisis. You’d overslept and missed the bus and your parents had already left for work. In a desperate attempt to get to school, you called Yoongi.

    “Hey babe, what’s up?”

    “Yoongi, I missed the bus and I have no way to get to school. I was wondering if you could pick me up? Unless you’re taking off today, then I was going to ask if you could send Namjoon-”

    “What exactly do you have to do at school?” he asked, cutting you off.

    “I have to drop off some files and turn in my assignments,” you said impatiently.

    “But are you doing anything important in your classes?” You bit your lip. You knew where this was going but you couldn’t lie.

    “Well… No,” you sighed.

    “I’ll pick you up if you drop off your stuff and then leave with me for the day.”

    “Yoongi, I can’t-

    “Can’t or won’t?” He had a point. Before you could respond, he continued. “Alright, it’s fine, I’ll pick you up. Just be ready to go as soon as I get there.” 

    You quickly packed your backpack, nearly sobbing at the stress of being late. Passing by your mirror, you caught a glimpse of yourself- eyes too sunken in and tired looking, lips and face slightly more pale than usual. Maybe you did deserve a break, you told yourself. You considered this for a few moments before packing the rest of your bag.

 

    “I’m here,” Yoongi said upon you answering his call.

    “Ok, I’m coming down.” You made your way downstairs and quickly locked the front door before hopping into his car.

    “That’s not your school uniform,” Yoongi noted, giving you a once-over.

    “Yeah…” You glanced down at your shorts and oversized tank top. “It’s a half-day anyway and I felt like I needed a break.”

    A smirk crossed his face. “I love it when you’re bad for me.” You blushed, reveling in the thrill of being a little rebellious.

 

~

 

    “Where are we going?” You had just dropped off your paperwork under the premise of being sick and now you and Yoongi were driving freely around. 

    “Wherever you want, babe.”

    “Hmm, I don’t know. I’m craving sweets. Ice cream?”

    Yoongi smiled. “Let’s go for it.”

 

    After sweet ice cream and cookies and wandering around downtown, you found yourself in the park. More specifically, in the corner of the park. Under a tree. Somehow Yoongi had gotten you comfortable enough to sit you in his lap, his arms around your waist.

    “Ditching school shouldn’t feel this good,” you frowned, leaning your head on his shoulder.

    “It doesn’t if you’re ditching alone,” he replied, shifting comfortably backwards into the tree.

    “Is this what you do when you don’t come to school?” He smiled at your genuine curiosity and shook his head.

    “The guys and I usually go places or if I’m alone, I find a quiet place to nap.” Yoongi laced his fingers through yours, squeezing your hand. “But I like being here with you.” His honesty was so sweet that you couldn’t help but lean up and kiss him. He raised his eyebrows in surprise. “Someone’s being bold today,” he teased. Before you could reply, he planted his lips on yours.

    You smiled before kissing right back. Though you weren’t really one for PDA, you figured that just a bit was alright considering nobody was around. Yoongi held you tightly around your waist and just like that, the innocent kisses became slower, more languid, like you had all the time in the world. “Yoongi,” you murmured, remembering that you were in a public place.

    “Hmm?” he questioned, voice muffled against your neck.

    “This park is public, you know,” you joked, still a bit breathless from kissing him.

    “What if I don’t care?” Your faced flushed as some people who were walking not too far away glanced over. “Look at you, all cute and embarrassed,” he said with an amused smirk. “You can only be a bad girl for so long, huh?”

    “Yoongi!” You hid your face in his shirt, trying to hide how red you were turning. He laughed.

    “Either school has ended or there’s some project going on,” he commented suddenly, looking at his watch.

    “What makes you say that?”

    “Well don’t look now, but Genius is over there.” Your eyes went wide.

    “Joonmyun?” You glanced around quickly and cursed. “Why does he always happen to be around?” you practically hissed and Yoongi muttered in agreement. Sliding off Yoongi’s lap, you tried to hide your face with his snapback, but it was too late. You knew you were done for when you heard your name in the most incredulous tone of voice you’d ever heard.

    “Hey,” you said nonchalantly, not even bothering to try to hide anymore.

    “You’re here but you weren’t at school… And you’re with him? This makes no sense, you-” His eyes went wide when he saw your hand holding Yoongi’s, fingers intertwined and all. “Are you two…? But you’re supposed to be, like, a good girl-

    You rolled your eyes, too exasperated to care anymore. “Oh c’mon Joonmyun. I respect you as my VP and everything, but you’re way too naïve. Just turn around and forget you saw anything. Don’t you know there’s no such thing as good girls? Good girls are just bad girls that haven’t been caught.”

    His mouth dropped open in shock but he nodded slowly before turning and walking away without another word.

    You let out a sigh of relief and turned to look at Yoongi, who had an impressed smile on his face.

    “That’s my bad girl.”