Brothers

You're our Baby

"Ugggghhhhhh" I groaned as i tried to sit up. My head felt like it was about to be split into two thousand tiny pieces. My throat felt dry and I desperately needed water. 

Ignoring the pain in my head, Iplaced my feet off the bed and tried to take a step forward but I guess gravity decided to be a because my face hit the floor and my body erupted in pain. 

My body felt heavy and lethargic and I just lay there, forgetting about my thirst. "Where are my hyungs" I questioned the air. Chuckling slightly I imagined N hyung scolding me, "YAH HAN SANGHYUK YOU MISSED PRACTICE TODAY" Ah how i love to see N hyung all riled up. My head erupted in a sudden pain causing me to gasp for air. Choking back a sob I found myself wanting N hyung to be here. I wanted all of them.  

I vaguely recalled where I had put my phone and decided to try my luck and reach out to the bed side table. Grabbing my phone I almost screamed in relief because just doing that made my body explode. Just why was everywhere hurting so much? 

"Hyukkie?"

"Binnie hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuung" I whined. "Where are you? I miss you guys.  Come back to the dorm hyung. I don't feel well".

"Hyuk ah you came down with a fever last night".

"So why did you guys leave me here?" I honestly wanted to cry. Why would hyungs leave me. 

"Hyuk... everyone is home except me. I'm looking for medicine for you. Isn't anyone with you?" his voice got a bit low as though he was angry. "Hyuk I'm coming hold on".

"Thanks hyung". So my other hyungs are home. "LEO HYUNG" I tried calling but it came out as a feeble whisper. I dialled his number and before I knew it everyone except Hongbin was in my room. 

"OMG HYUK! WHY ARE YOU ON THE FLOOR? Omgomgomgomg" Ken hyung started freaking out.  Him and Ravi hyung lifted me back on the bed. 

"Hyung....water".

Without a word Leo hyung disappeared and reappeared with a bottle of water. I looked at him with gratitude and ungracefully gulped down the water. 

"Hyukkawaii how are you feeling?" N hyung asked. 

"Well my head is in the middle of a continental drift and it's like my body is being stabbed with knives every five minutes". 

The color drained from N hyung's face. Suddenly Ravi hyung's phone rang and the minute he  answered it (speaker phone) an angry Hongbin could be heard "YAH YOU IGNORANT MORONS! HYUK CALLED ME ALMOST IN TEARS! YOU IDJITS SAID YOU'D TAKE TURNS WATCHING HIM AND THEN I HEAR HE WAS ALONE? OH MY GOD I SWEAR TO FREAKING HADES AND BACK IF ANYTHING HAPPENED TO HIM I'M GONNA SPRINKLE YOUR REMAINS IN TARTARUS!"

Breathing heavily he then said, "so how is he?"

Ken hyung who recovered from the shock first said "we're with him right now.  He's ummm fine. No more fever but headache and body ache yep yep ".

"Don't leave his side! I'm coming with the medicine".

I looked at N hyung and Ravi hyung quivering in fear and almost laughed because Binnie hyung scared the living daylights out of them. Leo hyung my hair and hummed softly and I'm not going to lie but it felt nice that all my hyungd cared so much about me. 

We heard the front door open and close and Hongbin walked in with a bag. He glared at all the others before smiling at me and checking my temperature. 

"Here" he said while giving me two pills and a bottle of water. "Drink them and then sleep. Your headache should go away". Nodding I drank the pills aware that all my hyungs were watching me with hawk eyes. Leo hyung continued humming and everyone was just huddled around my bed.

"Guys...I'm sick not dying".

"We know but you're our baby brother so of course we'll become old ladies fussing over you" Ravi hyung said. 

"Hyukkie are you hungry?" N hyung asked.

"No I think those medicines are working now.  I feel tired".

"You guys go.  I'll stay with him" Binnie hyung said. It came as a surprise really when one by one they kissed my forehead before leaving. They're really acting strange. 

After they left Hongbin hyung held my hand and said "Hyuk you know we love you right? You know that right?" Binnie hyung looked so broken and I was so confused. 

"Yes hyung I know that. I love you all too".

"Sanghyuk ah don't leave us. Never ever leave us. You're my little brother..I...you...just don't. .."

"Hyung what's wrong? Why are you all acting so weird?" I wanted to hear the answer but I was slowly falling asleep. I felt Hongbin hyung place  feather light kisses on my eyelids and i drifted off into slumber. 

...................................................................

The guys were at the dorm except Hongbin. "Hyung, Ravi started, Hyuk thinks he's at the dorm. He doesn't realize he's at the hospital".

"I know Ravi ah". 

Distraught, N kicked the washing machine startling Leo.

"Calm down hyung, came the soft voice,  Binnie is with him".

N turned to look at s. His brothers. "How could we have let him walk the streets alone guys? Hyuk was beaten and left for death by some gang and oh my god we could've lost him". N broke down. Ken rubbed his leader's back and whispered soothing words. 

"Ssssshhh hyung he's ok now.  He's safe. Our maknae is safe".

"Hakyeon hyung, Leo started, Hyuk is a strong boy. He'll make it through. Leo's voice cracked a bit as he remembered Hyuk's beaten bloody body but took a deep breath and continued, "he's bright and fun and when he gets better and remembers do you know what Hyuk would say? He'd say "crap I should Chidori those guys next time" and we'd neck chop him and tell him to practice Error". 

N smiled. "Thanks guys".

.....................................................

Hyuk's eyes fluttered open. It took a while to get accustomed to the white light. Wait...white light. My eyes scanned the room I was in. Hongbin hyung's hair was scattered on the sheets. Crisp white sheets.I thought back to what happened.  I was sure I was in my dorm when everything clicked. The iron plank. The pain. The kicks. The punches. The shoves. My head pained a bit but I remembered what happened. I was in a hospital. . That's why hyungs were acting so weird. "Binnie hyung" I called. He instantly got up.

"Are you ok?  Do you need anything?" he asked half groggy. 

"I'm fine. Hyung, I'm in a hospital".

"Yes. Do you remember what happened? "

"Yeah I do. Hyung? But I don't understand something. He looked at me with questioning eyes. If I'm in a hospital why did you have to buy medicine?"

"Oh that...no I had to go down to the pharmacy in the hospital for those and there was a long line".

"Aren't hospitals supposed to like have those readily available until it's time for your to leave or something?"

Hyuk I'm an entertainer not a freaking nurse. I don't know" Hongbin hyung said while grinning. He ruffled my hair.

"Did I actually have a fever? "

"Yes Hyuk". The others arrived in the next fifteen minutes being fussy ladies and what not. I was tempted to roll my eyes.  

We talked and laughed and then all of a sudden I exclaimed " I'M GONNA CHIDORI THOSE LOSERS NEXT TIME! " and they all started laughing.

N hyung hugged me and said "Hyuk we'd be lost without you".

I love my hyungs.