If only she knew.

Rose Bed.

If only she knew.

 
Hyunho turns around, out of her sight range. Taking a deep breath, he turns his head slowly just to get a little peek behind the huge oak tree which he used as hiding spot.
 
Sigh. Calm down Hyunho, you tha man.
 
She was crouching arms wrapped around her legs pulling them close to her chest as she smiled at the roses with such pure radiance that it seemed like the roses were smiling back at her.
 
Don't get him wrong though. He wasn't creeping on her. Well sort off. But the thing is, she was not very approachable, not meaning it in a bad way...she was just a little...shy. Sometimes. To some people. Or person.
 
It hurt a bit every time. When she would casually talk to everyone, even though she lacked confidence, she was quite a social butterfly actually. It hurt...when she didn't talk to him comfortably like she does with others, when he happens to pass by she would lower her head as his smile fades. Whenever he had the chance to talk to her, she would always have an excuse, ending their little conversation way earlier then it should have lasted.
 
Why? He wondered everyday. As stubborn as he was, he didn't give up. He didn't want to give up on her. He can't.
 
As his mind wondered and spaced out a little she was looking in his direction now. 
 
Like a deer caught in the headlights, he stays still for half a second and comes out from behind the tree and smiles. It was useless to try to hide since he was caught in the act already.
 
She smiles back. But when Hyunho was about to rejoice, she stood up suddenly and had a worried look on her face like if she just realized something. She was bitting on her bottom lip and her hands were grabbing her velvet skirt nervously, as she takes in a deep breath.
 
"Ummm I uhh... the roses are so pretty today....uhh yeah" 
 
As If on cue she turns around, back facing him, pauses for a second and walks away mumbling something to herself her head hung low and disappears into the nearest building. As he still stood there he could see her trough the windows of the library's hallway and she did what seemed to be her facepalming.
 
Sigh. Once again he failed to have a decent conversation with her. If that was even considered one. He felt a little pinch to his heart. You could say that he was definitely lovestruck. 
 
He walks a bit on the tall grass that desperately needed to be mowed, sits on the floor, lays his back on a random tree trunk. His legs were stretched out in front of him and he closes his eyes, pondering of what just happened and how much of a dumb and stupid cowardly loser he was for not trying to ask her to stay or follow her back to the library, but it was too late now.
 
---
 
"You're such a loser, such a dumb and stupid coward"
 
"I can easily talk to anyone but to him...why am I so nervous? Seriously with everyone else it's just easy-peasy but with him noooo and I just don't know what to say. I'm so afraid I'll say something really dumb like I just did urgh"
 
She woken him up with her little self conversation...and probably also from the noise the spare half-brick laying around made at the contact with the wall.
 
Was he still dreaming? Was he really hearing the voice of his crush? Great. He even hears her voice now...man he's whipped. He rubs his eyes and looks around him, spotting the tip of a burgundy fabric at the oak's roots behind him.
 
"Stupid stupid stupid"
 
He turns around subtly and sees a peek of her sitting at the other side of the huge tree trunk. Oh my god she's her! Why was she here? Could she...maybe be here or him...? Probably not. What she said made him curious. Why was she calling herself stupid? 
 
"I'm so worthless and useless" 
 
"No you're not!"
 
Crap. It wasn't meant to be said out loud. 
 
"Hyunho? oh my gOD HYUNHO"
She said her eyes rounded and looking really surprised. He guessed she wasn't here to see him...made him feel a little emptiness at the pit of his stomach. She got up and tried to walk away really fast but he got up in time almost tripping over a rock and grabs her arm a little too tight. He won't let her scurry away this time, it was about time he grew a pair. She looks at her arm then to him. Realizing that, he loosen his grip.
 
"uhhh hyunho I-"
 
"Why?" Hyunho clears his thought cause he voiced just cracked a little. 
 
"This isn't fair, why do you treat me like this, every time I approach you, you always run away, but somehow to everyone else you can talk so comfortably." He pauses wondering If now was the moment to tell her. Well, while he was already at it. "If only you knew how beautiful you are, it hurts to see the pain in your eyes when you look at other girls thinking that they were prettier than you, if only you knew that the rose bed you admire everyday, smiling, saying about how gorgeous they looked. Well you are a thousand times more gorgeous. If... If only you knew..." Realizing what he was blurting out, he pauses again, taking a deep breath and holding her soft hands delicately into his big rough ones, secretly praying she won't pull away. "If you knew how much you are loved, how beautiful you are inside and out" 
 
She finally had the courage to look into his eyes as he held her chin up. 
 
"How much I love you" 
 
He bends down a little to give a little desperate, yet gentle kiss.
 
When he pulled away way to early for her taste, she tried hard to gather up her thoughts and words.
 
"That...was, I mean I didn't, like, I didn't expect you too, I like you too, actually I love you and I, like I didn't know you l-liked me" 
 
"I don't" 
 
wait what.
 
"What...b-but you said-"
 
She swore she heard him say it.
 
He chuckles a little and smiles. He feels like he was about to burst of happiness and he was scared that if he hugged her right now, he would squish her. He leaned down to steal another kiss. A little longer this time. 
 
"I don't like you silly" he ruffles her hair.
 
This was getting really confusing for her right now.
 
"I love you" he embraces her, and he might be squishing her a little to tight right now. But she didn't mind. Not one little bit. All that mattered right now was him. That he loved her back and she didn't had to run away anymore.
 
After a quite but not awkward moment of silence, he pulls back a little but still holding her waist while lowering his head a bit so his eyes could meet her's.
 
"So...Either we drink some cheap gross cafeteria coffee waiting for our next class...ooooor, we ditch school and get a bite at the cheesecake shop across the street. It's your call." 
 
Hyunho had that dumb look on his face that she always loved so much and couldn't control her huge smile plastered on her face.
 
"Cheap gross cafeteria coffee sounds really tempting...but i'll have to go with the cheesecake i'm starving"
 
As the two love birds left, the rose bed behind them was radiant as always, maybe a little more than usual...maybe, just maybe, even smiling.