Unpredictable Affair

Unpredictable Affair

"Geez, it's hot." Hojoon huffed as he fanned himself with his hand. Hansol nodded as he laid back, resting his head against Byungjoo's shoulder. The latter sat across from Hojoon with his legs crossed, leaning back on his palms. Xero sat comfortably against the old oak tree, fiddling with the hem of his stripped shirt. Summer break just began and the four were out enjoying their afternoon in the shade of a tree.

"I'm thirsty." Hansol said randomly. Byungjoo nodded in agreement and turned his head to the youngest of the group. "Xero. We're thirsty."

Xero sighed softly. "What do you want me to do?" The youngest looked at the elder through his red bangs. Hojoon turned his head and mentally joined the conversation. 

"Gee. I don't know. Get us drinks?" Xero groaned in annoyance to Byungjoo's reply, but stood up and began walking off to the nearest store. 

Hansol smiled happily and spoke loudly. "Thank you Xero-ah!" Xero simply waved his hand in reply, not bothering to turn around. 

 

Xero walked happily down the busy street. The summer festival was coming soon, so people were preparing for the parties to come. Xero smiled softly as he looked up at the summer festival decorations. Multicoloured lanterns were being hung, along with different sized flags and ribbons. 

"Watch out!" a random voice hollered. Before he could do anything, Xero found himself falling over a pile of decorations and landing on something squishy. Xero groaned in annoyance and so did the thing he was sitting on. The red-haired boy turned his head around to see a young male, only a few years older than him. Xero stared at the other, studying his features. He had a slim face and soft brown hair, he also wore tight black jeans and a loose white shirt. In short, he was handsome. But now wasn't the time to admire someone in this situation. 

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING???" Jenissi screeched as his privacy was breached. People begun glancing at the duo who were in a bundle on the floor. 

"I-I'm sorry!" Xero stuttered attempting to hop out of Jenissi's lap. The more Xero tried to stand up, the more tangled he got himself in the decorations and the more annoyed Jenissi got. 

Xero found the main source. His foot was tangled on one of the flags. The red-haired boy reached over to undo the mess. But doing so, he moved back further into Jenissi's lap, creating an uncomfortable amount of friction. At that moment, a soft moan escaped Jenissi's lips. Xero's froze, his eyes were wide. Jenissi instantly covered his mouth with his spare hand—the other was on the ground, supporting him. 

'Did he hear that?' Jenissi though to himself. Xero slowly turned his head, and with wide eyes he  looked at the elder. '.' Jenissi mentally face-palmed when he saw Xero's bright red cheeks. 

"Xero?" The red-haired boy looked up as he heard his name. Hojoon stood in the crowd with a confused look on his face. Xero instantly jumped up and practically ran to the other. 

"Jenissi, what the heck are you doing on the floor?" Seogoong looked down at the elder as he held out his hand. Jenissi brushed away the hand and stood up by himself. Seogoong shrugged and looked down at the floor before leaning down to pick something up. 

"Hey kid!" He called out to Xero who hesitantly turned around. Seogoong waved a black phone about in his hand. "You dropped something." Xero hurriedly walked up to Seogoong and snatched his phone back. He then turned his heel and walked back to Hojoon, Byungjoo and Hansol—who had just arrived at the scene. 

Hansol looked at Xero's empty hands. "Where are the drinks?" He asked in a disappointed tone. Byungjoo watched as Jenissi picked up his own phone from off the ground as well. 

A corner of Byungjoo's lips twitched up. "Xero-ah, when we say we're thirsty it actually means we want a drink. Not another guy. " Xero blinked for a few seconds before grumbling under his breath. 


"What happened?" Gohn and Yano just appeared on the scene as well. Jenissi patted the dust off of his black jeans. "Nothing." Was his reply. He kicked the array of decorations as he glared at Xero. 

The younger was awkwardly staring at the floor and twiddling his fingers. Xero looked up for a second and, by chance, caught eyes with Jenissi. The red-haired boy's eyes widened and Jenissi just smirked before turning a heel and walking off. 

Xero sighed in relief and looked down at Hojoon with tired eyes. "Can we go now?" Hojoon nodded, turning around then proceeded to walk down the street. 

•-•

Xero laid still on his bed, staring at the roof. He couldn't stop thinking about that strange guy. And he couldn't stop thinking about the stupid thing he did. Xero sighed and rolled over onto his stomach, his legs spread out over his bed. He tried to recall the guy's name. Jenikki? No, that sounds ridiculous. Jenasho? No, that was even worse. Jenissi? Yes! That was it, Jenissi. 

Xero smiles to himself softly. It was a nice name, odd but nice. Xero began picturing the elder with his loose shirt and his fluffy hair. What would he look like when he smiled? He probably has the most handsomest smile in the world. What would it be like to hug him? 

Wait, What?! Xero instantly sat up and literally slapped himself. What the hell was he thinking? That Jenissi guy was a complete stranger. Not to mention Xero practically fell on top of him. 

Xero's thoughts were interrupted by the humming sound of his phone. He turned his head and reached over to grab a hold of his phone. Xero furrowed his brows at the device in his hand. It looked different. 

The red-haired boy shrugged it off and unlocked his phone. Xero's eyes widened when he saw the background picture of what he thought was his phone. It was Jenissi. He was wearing a green and red plaid shirt and a snap-back. Jenissi made a cute peace sign with his hand and had a little smile upon his lips. He looked attractive, very attractive. Wait, no. Xero looked away from the phone for a while before looking back. 

He couldn't resist staring at the elder.

Xero's daydreams were cut short when Jenissi's phone vibrated again. He looked down at the number and realised that it was his own. Xero tapped the notification with his thumb and opened the message. 

•-•

Jenissi walked out of the hot, steamy bathroom and began drying his hair with his small white towel. With nothing but a bath robe around him, the brunet plopped onto his cushiony bed. With arms and legs spread out, he stared at the white ceiling with a blank expression. Jenissi rolled over to his left side, looking out the clear window. 

The brunet tilted his head up. Seogoong should have called by now. Jenissi stretched out his arm over to the small bedside table. He clutched onto his phone and brought it close to his face, still laying on his side. With his thumb, he swiped across the screen. Jenissi furrowed his brows. 

"What the heck?" He said to himself. This wasn't his phone. The background was completely black with a singular white streak running through it. Jenissi stared at the screen for a moment. If this wasn't his phone, then whose phone was it? Jenissi quickly tapped on the 'photos' icon and viewed the images. The brunet clicked on the most recent picture without hesitation. The image was of a red-haired boy in a running position beside a blue soccer ball. He wore blue ripped pants and a loose white shirt. Xero looked happy, it brought a smile to Jenissi's lips. 

The brunet sat up on his bed and ruffled his wet hair. He swiped across the screen, scanning through the photos. The awkward and personal-space breaching impression of Xero was erased and replaced with a cute and innocent boy. Jenissi smirked and scoffed lightly. He wasn't one for innocent people but Xero seemed different. 

Jenissi glance at the time. It was still early so it was okay to interrupt whatever Xero was doing. Jenissi quickly pinned in his number and texted his phone. 

'Hey, cutie. You have my phone. Meet me tomorrow at the place we met. Maybe around nine. Can't wait to see your cute face again. 

xoxo Jenissi'

Jenissi quickly typed and without care, he sent the text. The brunet wasn't one to flirt much. Most girls just hollered around him as if he were a chick magnet. He didn't mind though. Jenissi kind of enjoyed the attention. He looked back down at the phone. There was still no reply. 

Jenissi groaned in annoyance and flopped back onto his bed. 

 

Xero's eyes widened at the text he had just received. "C-cutie?" Xero stuttered his words. Blinking in surprise, the red-haired boy jumped off his bed and practically threw Jenissi's phone onto his mattress. "Cute?! He thinks I'm cute?! Wait. He thinks I'm cute." Xero began pacing around his room. The word 'cute' still rolling around his mind. 

Xero held his hand up to his lips and started biting his nails—which was a bad habit of his. He did bite his nails whenever he was nervous or bored. 

Without even realising, Xero had been pacing for over five minutes. He had to reply to the message. Xero jumped back onto his bed and clutched Jenissi's phone in his hands, typing nervously.

'Nine sounds good. I'll be there. '

He had a feeling that it wasn't befitting to place hugs and kisses into his message, so Xero simply put;

'-Xero'

It was odd how he sounded to calm whilst he texted. When really, his palms were sweaty and his heart accelerated at an alarming rate. 

 

Jenissi grinned softly at Xero's short reply. The brunet fell back onto his bed once again. Without the slightest care for privacy, Jenissi continued looking through Xero's phone until late in the night. 

•-•

Beep! Beep! Beep! 

Xero slowly rolled over and nuzzled deeper into his warm pillow. The hot summer sun seeped through the curtains and into Xero's dim room. Xero groaned in annoyance when his alarm wouldn't shut the hell up. With slow and tiresome movements, Xero sat up and slammed a hand onto his alarm clock. The red-haired boy sat up and rubbed his hands over in eyes and cheeks. 

Xero uncomfortably shifted in his bed. His room was extremely hot and it wasn't even the afternoon yet. Xero blinked slowly as he turned his head to the bedside table beside him. 

Xero's eyes shot open. "Dammit!" Xero tossed the covers off him and jumped out of bed. He had agreed to meet Jenissi at nine, and it was already quarter past ten. Xero hurriedly undressed and slipped on a loose white singlet and red denim shorts. Without doing anything else, Xero ran out the door and into the hot atmosphere. 

Xero huffed down the sun-filled streets. He dashed quickly as beads of sweat began to form on his milky forehead. Xero's soft scarlet hair bounced lightly as the wind ran through it. 

He continued saying two words over and over again. "I'm late. I'm late. I'm late."

Xero could see the area in sight, stimulating him to gain speed. His legs somewhat ached and his breathing was short. 

Without realising, Xero began to slow down. Though it didn't really matter since he was conveniently standing in front of Jenissi. Jenissi was sitting on a white plastic chair next to a table with a canned drink placed on top. The elder watched Xero with a slightly confused look. Xero had his hands to his knees and his back was arched. Xero panted heavily and wiped the sweat from his forehead with the back of his wrist. With his eyes tightly shut, Xero started to catch his breath again.

Jenissi smirked. "You're late." The brunet gazed at the younger. His hair was a mess, with tufts standing on their own. Jenissi almost bursted out into a fit of laughter when he looked down. "Pft- Your socks. They're odd."  

Xero peered down at his own feet and cussed under his breath. The younger straightened up and abruptly sat adjacent to the elder. Without hesitating, Xero grabbed onto Jenissi's drink and chugged the lot down. Jenissi's eyes widened as he watched the red-haired boy consume the drink with much gusto. Jenissi's eyes trailed down to Xero's neck. When Xero swallowed, beads of sweat flowed down his milky skin. 

Jenissi gulped, his eyes wide. There was just something about Xero that Jenissi was drawn to. But he couldn't put his finger on it. 

Xero slammed the can down onto the table. He his lips quickly and sighed in relief. He jerked his head up to look at the brunet. "Okay. I'm sorry that I'm late but I stayed up last night until 2 am to finish a book that I was reading. I woke up at 10:15 and practically ran here. I'm terribly tired. So would you give me my phone so we can get this over and done with?" 

Jenissi completely tuned out when Xero was talking. He was focused on something much more interesting. Like Xero's lips. They were so small and tender-looking. Xero's lips were a light fuchsia colour and were perfectly shaped. 'I wonder what they taste like.' Jenissi wondered to himself. 

"Uh, hello?" Xero snapped his fingers in front of Jenissi's eyes. Jenissi snapped out of his daze. 

He stared at Xero with a blank expression. "Who's Hojoon?" Xero was slightly taken aback. Was it possible that Jenissi went through his phone?! "He texted you like 15 times." Jenissi cleared up the background. 

Xero raised his eyebrows, although it was typical of Hojoon. "He's a friend," Xero said bluntly. Jenissi nodded in return. It was only now that Xero realised what the elder was wearing. In a blue plaid shirt and tight white shorts, Jenissi looked really good. His puffy brown hair dangled just over his eyes. Xero's eyes wandered all over Jenissi. His eyes widened a little when he realised that Jenissi's shirt revealed his chest. 

The brunet nodded and questioned the other again. "So, he's not your boyfriend?" Xero was shocked once more. Hojoon had been a friend ever since he could remember. He quickly shook his head in reply and received a smirk from Jenissi. 

"Anyways, you're late. And it's very rude to be late. I expect an official apology." Jenissi lifted his his nose with arrogance and crossed his arms. Xero raised an eyebrow. 

"I already said I was sorry. Isn't that enough?" Xero straightened his position. The brunet shook his head. 

"Then what do you want?"

"An apology."

"I apologised!"

"Not good enough."

"Then what do you want?!”

"Take me on a date."


Xero grumbled in annoyance. Jenissi was being real stubborn. "Yeah, yeah whatever. I'll take you on a date." Only then did he regret his words. "WAIT! NO! I DIDN—"

Xero was cut off by the sweetness of Jenissi's lips. Jenissi had his eyes closed and his hand wrapped around the younger's nape. Xero's eyes were wide with shock.  The elder pulled away slowly with a cheesy smile. "See you on our date, Mr. Cutie." 

And like that, Jenissi stood up, turned away and walked off. Leaving poor Xero stunned with a bright blush on his cheeks. 

Only then did he realise... 

 

 

 


...they didn't switch phones. 

 

A/N:  All done! I hope your enoyed this short story. I don't think there are  enough Xenissi fics outs there.;;