Final

My Lovely Birthday Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is the day. Its Hoseok’s birthday, his first birthday with you and because you’re a good girlfriend, you decided to make a surprise party for him. With the help of your friends and Jungkook’s mother for letting you use the café, everything that was planned is coming into place. Jeez, planning your boyfriend’s party was harder than you imagined.

 

Ji Hyun got a hold of your shoulders and yelled, “Suzy! Stop panicking for freaking sakes! We have a lot of time to prepare for his party,” she said as she shook your shoulders.

 

How can you not panic at a time like this? It’s your boyfriend’s birthday and you want it to be perfect for him. You’ve been with him for many months now and you can’t just not make this perfect! Double negative, you suddenly thought.

 

“Hello? Earth to Suzy, are you still there?” she waved her hand in front of your face, the sound of her voice snapping you out from your thoughts.

You shook your head, “I’m sorry, I just want this to be perfect for him.” This isn’t your first time planning parties for your friends, actually, you’ve done this many times already and never once have you ever panicked, well until now. “I wonder where Hobi is.”

“Don’t worry about him,” Jin suddenly spoke, his not leaving the pot of boiling food in front of him. “We had the maknae line hang out with him till we call them back.”

A loud clap suddenly filled the whole room. “Wonderful choices of members to bother Hobi oppa for the day,” Ji Hyun said playfully.

 

Ji Hyun acting like this is quite odd. She’s always serious and act like she’s older than you but in real life, you’re the one that’s older. Now that you think about it, you’ve known her for years and never once has she acted like her age.

 

You tapped her shoulder and she looked at you with curious eyes. “How old are you again?”

“I’m eighteen – why?” her answer was quick and straight to the point.

Shrugging your shoulders, you went back to the table where many decorations were laid down. “Nothing, just wanted to ask.”

The girl let out an exaggerated gasp, her hand on her chest and her eyes widened into saucers. “Did you just forget my age?! Yah, we’ve been together for many years and you just forgot my-”

“Ji Hyun, calm down, I didn’t forget your age, okay?”

Entering the room with a handful of frozen meat, Namjoon overheard your conversation. “Wait a minute, Ji Hyun’s younger than you? By how many years?”

“Three years,” you retorted simply and everyone’s mouths opened. “Why is everyone so surprised? I thought you guys know since she’s dating Jungkook.”

Yoongi, who was laying quietly on the couch most of the time, sat up with his eyebrow raised. “The fact that Ji Hyun never used formalities with you and the fact that she acts like she’s older than Taehyung, that’s what shocks us.”

A cute smile suddenly appeared on Ji Hyun’s face. Walking over to where you were, she wrapped her arm around your neck. “Suzy told me I didn’t have to since we’ve practically knew each other since I was born. I could still call her unnie but calling her that now would feel weird and unusual.”

 

All you did was nod in agreement. You did tell her that a long time ago. It was the day when she moved to America right after my family did. How much different would your life be if you hadn’t met Ji Hyun? She was the one who introduced you to Hoseok. Oh shoot!


“Okay! That’s enough chit-chat, let’s get back to work!” you demanded and started to hang up the decorations with Ji Hyun. You half turned, just enough to see Yoongi still laying on that couch, not even moving an inch. “Yoongi oppa, please stop lazing around and at least help with the decorations.”

The older boy was shocked, “Yah, don’t order me around! I’m older than you!” he yelled.

“Says the one who’s being really unproductive.”

“You little-”

“Yah!” Namjoon yelled from the kitchen. “Stop arguing with each other! Hyung, you’re either helping with the decorations or cleaning up the place – your choice.”

Yoongi leaned his head back with his mouth opened, an expression which only the lazy Min Suga can pull off. “Can’t I cook with you guys instead?”

“No,” the eldest hyung said sternly as he chopped onions.

He ruffled his hair messily with frustration and finally stood up from the couch. “Aish! Fine! I’ll clean the place.”

 

Chimes were suddenly heard from the door, it was Jungkook’s mother. She entered with a large bag of decorations and a box of cupcakes. Looking struggled as she tried to open the door, you hopped off the chair that you stood on and helped her out, opening the door for her and took the boxes.

 

“Thank you so much, Suzy,” she smiled. How is she so beautiful? You can’t even tell that she’s already a mother!

You couldn’t help but smile back at her. “I should be the one thanking you for letting us have the party here in the café.”

 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

 

“Whoever has the lowest score will buy the ice cream!” Taehyung exclaimed excitedly as he faced the small black punching bag, his fists in front of him ready to strike.

Jimin wrapped his arms around Jungkook and Hoseok who were standing between them, anticipating Taehyung’s score. “I bet this idiot will miss,” he laughed, purposely trying to mess up his friend.

“Hyung, who do you think will have the highest score?” Jungkook grinned, his eyes glued to Taehyung in front of him.

“It’s me guys, it’s totally going to be me,” Hoseok joked.

 

A loud ding suddenly filled the whole streets. Taehyung punched the bag. Everyone’s eyes were on the score board that kept going higher and higher. It was then the numbers stopped going higher. 99. Taehyung just scored 90!

 

“Beat that my brothers!” he said, completely proud of himself that moment.

Jimin let out a smirk and walked forward. “Gladly.”

 

An Hour Later

 

“I can’t believe I lost…” Jimin sulked as he took out money from his wallet to pay for t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter