Robots and Love

Kindness and Pity

 

 

Dayeon breathed in deeply. She could smell the pine trees in the lush, green forest. She smiled and closed her eyes blissfully. She suddenly slid off a cliff. "Ahhhhhh!" Dayeon screamed. Luckily, she landed in a pile of leaves. "Phew! That was close!" She exclaimed. She brushed her school uniform's skirt. Something sharp suddenly scraped her ankle. "This day is sooo frustrating!" She groaned. She saw that it was a little circle that looked like lenses. Being a nature lover, she picked it up.

Dayeon looked around the clearing. She stepped lightly just in case she might stumble on something again. Unfortunately, she tripped over something again. She glared at whatever made her fall and saw a arm. She screamed, but she shuffled closer to see what it was. She saw it was a robot that looked like a human. 

Carefully, Dayeon opened the robot's eyes and popped the lenses in. The robot awoke. "My name is Luhan. My once friends are chasing me. I will protect you since you are my master." "My name is Dayeon. I am currently 20 years old, and I'm just a plain human being." Dayeon replied while smiling warmly. 

Luhan suddenly stood up. "My enemies are chasing us. We must go." He pulled the startled Dayeon with him, and began running. He jumped in a strange machine kind of thing, and beckoned Dayeon to copy. After she climbed in, Luhan started the engine. She turned around and saw 11 robot things chasing the machine. They were shouting and pointing at them.

"Low fuel. Low fuel." The lady in the GPS said. "Override." Luhan said. "Failed. Unauthorized." "Override!" Luhan shouted which made Dayeon flinch. "No fuel left." The lady said as the clouds parted to reveal an island floating in the air. "Use the slingshot." Luhan ordered. "Hold on tight." He said while looking at Dayeon with concern. She just nodded, overwhelmed at the events that happened in a day. 

 

Gravity made Dayeon's head pull back as they got shot all the way to the island. "Hurry!" Luhan exclaimed. They hopped off the machine and began running. Dayeon heard gun shots behind her and began to cry silently. Luhan ran in a dark alley and pushed a little button that was only seen by Luhan's eyes. A door slid open to reveal a hole and he pushed her in.

They heard gun shots and running feet going past them. Luhan pulled Dayeon out of their hiding place and started running. Unluckily, the enemies seem to have doubled back. They heard shouts of anger. Luhan ran to another wall, but typed a passcode in. He pushed Dayeon in another machine. Dayeon then noticed how handsome Luhan was. He had tousled hair which she was pretty sure it was dyed yellow, but it looked soft and sort of glowed in the sunlight.. He had soft brown eyes which you could melt into. Dayeon shook the thought out of her mind.

A timer began to set off. 1:00, 59, 58, 57, 56, 55, 54, 53, 52, 51, 50. It kept on going and Luhan breathed out a sigh of relief. "Aren't you going to come with me?" Dayeon asked. He only smiled sadly. He then gave her his coat. "Take this to remember me. Do not forget me because I will try to get back to your side again." The door blasted open. 11 robots stood snarling at Luhan. 

Luhan shouted a battle cry and charged. Dayeon covered her ears and closed her eyes. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6- A robot stood in front of her and the machine. "No!" Luhan cried and threw himself in front of the machine as the robot brought down the knife he was holding. Dayeon cried in shock as Luhan's body slammed into the machine. 

"Go." Luhan said weakly. 3. 2, 1. Dayeon cried as she got shot back to her home again. She covered her chest which seemed to be breaking in half. She had only known Luhan for 30 minutes, and had fallen in love with him. She realized that it was love on first (to be accurate tenth) sight. 

__________________________________After 7 years________________________________

Dayeon grieved for him for 7 years. It was a long time to look back on her past. She had turned 27 years old. She still waited for Luhan, and declined confessions because her heart belonged to someone else. She now stood on her balcony looking over the busy city, and clutching the coat that Luhan gave her. A hand tapped her shoulder. She turned around and found a smiling Luhan with tears in his eyes standing in front of her. "I'm back."