Final

The Hallyu Dream Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aug 1st

2:30pm Bus-stop

A petite girl is waiting for her bus at the bus-stop.  “The bus is taking such a long time.” The girl complained. Today is the first day of summer; a day that is filled with humidity and an intense scorching heat.  School has been hectic today, filled with assignment deadlines and tests. All she wants to do is go home and take a nice long nap. She sighed, her life is so boring.  The same old routine every day she has; going to school and completing her school work, occasionally hanging out with her friends. This is just so boring. Oh, how she wishes for an adventure.  She could not wait for midsummer, when her school vacation would start. Maybe, just maybe, something special might happen?

---

4:30 pm back at home

Her Phone lighted up with a buzz.

‘@MrO AND 25 others just retweeted a tweet. ‘

“Oh? That must be an interesting tweet.” Song Hee whispered to herself.  She pressed on the notification and read:

‘MBC @mbcchnl

Hello to all you kpop fans!

We have an upcoming variety show titled “The Hallyu Dream Date”.

It is a spin off series from “We Got Married”. But this time, the guest star starring in it would be you and a Hallyu Star!

Yes, You! The one that is reading this tweet right now, hurry and sign up at the link below. 

www.mbc.com/thdd/guestregisteration

Song Hee stared at the tweet. Well, this is interesting.

---

Aug 10th

5pm Hee Jin’s House

“You did what?!” Hee Jin shrieked.  Song Hee rolled her eyes at her dramatic best friend.  “I signed up for the new reality show the MBC is having.” The latter quipped.   Hee Jin squealed “Oh gosh I am so jealous, but as you best friend, I hope you get selected. I am meant you will!  You are so pretty,  I bet even those hallyu stars will fall for you!” and rambled on.

Yeah… if she was really that stunning, she would have a boyfriend by now. She is 18 and without a boyfriend, not even having her first kiss yet. She looked at her best friend.  Lee Hee Jin, she is beautiful and the ranked as the 10th best student in school. She has a doting boyfriend.  Everything and anything, Hee Jin had it all. Song Hee scoffed.  She should be the one that is envious of her best friend not the other way round.  Song Hee is average in all aspects in life.  She did slightly below average in studies, she did not have a doting boyfriend, she was considered pretty in a dull way.  She sighed.  Hee Jin glanced at her friend when she noticed that she was not listening. Hee Jin sighed and pulled her friend into a hug. “Hey, look, you are stunning in your own way. Someday someone else will see it in you.”

---

Aug 17th

3pm Bus-stop

Her phone rang. Song Hee picked up without a moment of hesitance. “Hey dear, Seungie Oppa is not feeling well. I got to go look after him. Let’s hang out together another day. I am really sorry. Love you dear. Bye!” Song Hee felt disappointed, she was looking forward to her movie night with Hee Jin. That girl did not even let me speak. Tsk.

Her phone rang again. She sighed and picked it up “Yoboseyo Hee Jin ah?” There is a chuckle on the other side of the line. “This is PD Kim.  I am calling to inform you that you are selected for THDD.” Song Hee stood frozen unable to believe that this is happening. “Chincha?!” Song Hee squealed into the phone.

It was arranged that Song Hee to meet the PD to discuss the details for the show. She let out an excited giggle and jumped up in the air happily.

---

6pm MBC Building

“What do you mean the fate of the show depends on me?” whispered Song Hee harshly. PD Kim let out a nervous laugh. “Well, you are the first guest to appear on the show. The pilot episode to be exact.” Song Hee nodded nervously. “I got to appeal to the masses or the show will be cut.” PD Kim nodded, he was glad that the girl understood what he meant. “You are beautiful, so just go with the flow and enjoy yourself. I am sure it will be fine. Are there any questions for me?”  The PD offered kindly.  “Who is my date?” Song Hee asked curiously. The PD laughed.  “You will find out on the day of the filming.” Song Hee pouted.

Well her life seems to be getting interesting.

 

---

9:30 pm His Dorm

His manager walked into the dorm. “Where is that guy?” he asked the ones present in the room. “Yah EXO! Answer me!” the manger half shouted and whined.  “Hyung, you did not say who is that guy you are looking for. We are all guys here. Mind you.” Chen replied.  The members laughed while Suho just shook his head. “What is going on here?” Tao asked curiously.  “One of you guys is going to star as a guest star in a pilot program.” Suho raised an eyebrow, “Is it that important for you to come here to announce this personally? I could relay the message to the member for you.” The manager laughed. “It is a reality program. You are going to date a girl on TV. Bring her out around Seoul and just do whatever you youngsters do on a date. It is kind of a big deal; therefore I need to warn that lucky punk to behave.” “Oh! Who is the girl?! Na Eun?  Minah? “Chen questioned excitedly.  The manager shook his head.  “She is just a normal girl, not a celebrity.  She Might be an EXO-L. I am not sure.” Xiumin shivered “Please. Not a sasaeng! I have enough of those.” Tao and Chen shoulders slumped.  The manager laughed, “Nah. She is not a sasaeng. I doubt she is. She has no idea who is her date. She is probably just going on the show just for fun.” Suho nodded, feeling reassured. “Who is the member then?” The manager handed an envelope to Suho. ” You guys can figure it out yourselves during the filming with the clues in the envelope.”  Chen and Tao rolled their eyes and jeered.

---

August 25th

6:30 am EXO Dorm.

All the members were shaken away by Suho and Xiumin. “We need to film punks!”  Suho cried in dismay when none of them budged. Xiumin just laughed and sounded a horn in the dorm hallway. Immediately, all the doors were opened harshly, complaints and groaning can be heard. Suho looked at Xiumin admiringly, “Hyung, You need to get me one of those horns too.”

Click

The members gathered in the living room and greeted their group greeting. Suho started the show with some introduction.  Tao opened the envelope and several memo cards spilled out. The members cheered, secretly hoping it is them. I mean who wouldn’t? They get to date in public for once without people dissing them and hurt fans whining.

He eats a lot.

The members sighed in unison, they all ate a lot. “What sort of hint is this?” Baekhyun laughed.  Sehun revealed the next hint.

He is tall.

This time the taller members cheered while the shorter members jeered.  “Hey that is not fair!” Baekhyun screeched above the mayhem. The members cleared their throats and glared at him. Oops.  Chen held Baekhyun in a headlock while the latter smiled sheepishly at the camera.  Lay read the next hint.

He is part of the maknae line.

 “Yay! That strikes off Chanyeollie!” Baekhyun and Chen cheered for their fellow beagle line member’s elimination.  Chanyeol punched them lightly out of spite.

“So that leaves Tao, Kai and Sehun right?” Lay rubbed his head in confusion and questioned.

The three boys laughed and ‘high-fived’ with each other. “Hyungs, we told you, we the maknaes are the best-looking ones!” Sehun exclaimed.  “I hope you are not the chosen one, maknae.” D.O replied with a snarky tone. The beagle line laughed and cheered D.O on. Suho read out the next hint.

He is a dancer.

“Woo!” Sekai cheered and did a little happy dance, leaving Tao pouting.

Xiumin was given the honors to read the last card.

He is the chicken king.

With the last hint, EXO jumped up and hugged Kai. “Yah, You lucky punk!” Chanyeol cried and pulled him into a head-lock.   

The camera pans to K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter