Bargain with the Devil (Yoonmin)

Prompts challenge

 

                        He dragged his last breath as he watched the world around him be consumed by darkness.

 

                        Pain had ceased and he could now move, but everything felt weird. He opened his eyes and looked at his surrounding, the commotion was still going on. He didn’t know what quite to make out of it, but one thing he was certain of, he was dead.

 

                        He was still a bit dazed at how everything turned out. He had been coming home after spending a rather entertaining evening with Jimin when a car came out of the corner at a speed too high for it to be able to stop on time. All Yoongi remembers was the pain of his bones breaking as he was brutally thrown into harsh asphalt.

 

                        He never thought that his life would end in such manner, much less so early. It was still hard to wrap his mind around of what had happened and he wondered if there was something he had left unfinished or that needed closing in his life.

 

                        It was then that the face of Jimin popped into his mind. He had never told what he truly felt for him, something he had always assured himself he’d do soon. But, that soon had turned into days, days into months and months into years.

 

                        Min Yoongi knows he was the reason Jimin had no boyfriend over the past 4 years, he knew how the younger felt for him, how he hoped that someday their “colorful” friendship would turn into more, but time just passed by and Yoongi had never said those three little words that carried a world of a meaning.

 

                        To say the truth, Yoongi was just a coward, always fearing that by saying those words he’d be getting himself into something he wasn’t sure he was ready for, despite knowing very well how much he loved Park Jimin.

 

                        He always avoided the hopeful and too often hurt look in the younger’s eyes after they were done with their “activities”. He knew that Jimin was always there hoping, wishing for him to stay there in bed with him, to hold him and love him. Yoongi did love him, but he had always been to scared to admit to it, to say it out loud.

 

                        And now it was too late. His life had come to a cruel, quick end and he had never been able to say what the younger meant to him, he had never been able to give him that comfort. He just wanted one last chance, one last time to give that to Jimin, to give him that joy, yet it all vanished with the wind.

 

                        Yoongi couldn’t even cry, he was just there, frozen, unable to do anything.

 

                        “I see…. You left something unfinished boy. Maybe I could give you what you need in exchange for your soul?”

 

                        The red hair snapped his head in the direction of the voice that had just spoken and all he saw was a small boy with soft black hair and smooth skin. Yet, the boy’s eyes were the clear indication of how he was not just a “boy”, bright red.

 

                        He would have never considered going to hell willingly before, but the thought of leaving Jimin broken, without ever knowing that he was loved back was more torturing that any hell could be. Min Yoongi’s true hell was the suffering of Park Jimin.

 

                        And just like that, without much more of a thought, the red hair did the exchange. Being brought back to that evening in Jimin’s bed and given until sunrise to bid his goodbyes.

 

                        And he was back to facing a rather satisfied boy, with a soft, loving smile on his lips. He could feel his heart skipping a beat at how much love Jimin’s gaze carried and at the same time wrenching as he remembered what he had put him through. Yoongi was sad to know that he would never have the chance to see that expression of affection directed at him after that night, to know that he never got to date the boy of his dreams properly, simply because he had been too scared. But, now he had been given the chance to at least do something right, to leave Jimin with closure.

 

                        “I love you Jimin.” Yoongi murmured without hesitation as he pulled the boy closer to him and held him tight in his arms. He’ll miss that, holding the younger in his arms like that.

 

                        “H-Hyung?” He heard Jimin croak out in disbelief. He smiled as he saw the look of astonishment etched on to the younger’s face as he eyed him. He simply pressed a kiss on Jimin’s lips and smiled sweetly.

 

                        “You hear me, I love you. I’m sorry I never said this before.” Yoongi mumbled calmly and brushed the hair off Jimin’s eyes. The younger was already crying, sniffling lightly as he held him in an almost suffocating hug.

 

                        “I love you so much hyung. I have always loved you.” Jimin confessed as tried to stifle his sobs of joy for finally hearing what he had only heard in his dreams.

 

                        Yoongi smiled sadly, knowing exactly the pain he had put the younger through and the pain he’d cause him by having to say goodbye. But, this time he wouldn’t lie, no more lies. This time he’d tell him the truth independently of how harsh it was.

 

                        Just like that, Yoongi told the younger about his death, the pact he had made and all his regrets. He almost regretted telling the truth as he saw the man he loved so dearly breaking down in a fit of sobs of anguish. He simply held him tightly, kissing him and mumbling apologies for his weakness, begging him to be happy again.

 

                        Yet, Jimin just kept on wailing, claiming he could never be happy without his “Yoongi hyung”. That made the older smile sadly as he thought about his exchange. His afterlife would be in hell, forever away from Jimin, but all he needed was for the boy to know that he was loved.

 

                        “Just be happy, okay? I love you, I’ve loved you all along and I’m sorry I was late to tell you. Just, never forget that I loved you back.” He murmured as continuously pressed kisses on to Jimin’s lips until he had calmed down.

 

                        Jimin was now peaceful in his arms, snuggling up against him, thanking him for finally telling him the truth. Yet, he was also begging him to never forget him that maybe someday they’d find each other again and Yoongi did not deny. Although, he knew fully well their paths would never cross again, as he would be forever stuck in the fiery depths of hell, whereas Jimin would be able to proceed with his life on earth and then to a peaceful afterlife. And that thought alone left him in absolute peace, to know that his ‘Jiminnie’ would be safe and happy for eternity.

 

                        As the sun started to rise, Yoongi said his last goodbyes to his lover, both bathed in tears as they kissed each other for the last time.

 

                        “Please don’t forget me.”

                        “I could never forget you Jimin, you have always been the only thing that has mattered to me.”

 

                       

 

                        Yoongi sighed softly as he met the small boy at the outside of his lover’s building and walked over to him.

 

                        “Ready to go?” The boy asked with same emotionless tone as he pointed to a dark door. “Yes.” Was the only reply to leave Yoongi’s lips as he followed the devil to hell as he had promised.

 

                        “Was it worth it? To give me your soul and condemn yourself to eternity in hell for that boy?” The boy asked with slight curiosity in his voice as he looked at the red head.

                        “Yes.” Yoongi simply replied with a warm smile.

 

 

                        Because Jimin would always be worth more than Yoongi ever was.