Unexpected Surprise

Unexpected Surprise

  I woke up to the sound of drizzling rain in the morning next to the teddy bear my boyfriend gave me to hug whenever he wasn’t there. My boyfriend, Namjoon, has been traveling to and from Japan for the past few weeks now and I rarely get the chance to call him because of his busy schedule. Although, I was a bit disappointed that I couldn’t see him for weeks now, I finally got the energy to get out of bed. The sound of rain always gives me a happy and relaxed sensation, so I decided to go out for some coffee at my favorite cafe Namjoon and I like to go. I put on one of Namjoon’s hoodies that he left behind and one of my washed out pair of jeans. I checked my phone to see what time it was, which read 7:43am. I got my bag, my house keys, and left my apartment.

    The cafe wasn’t that far so I choose to walk. As I was walking, a random woman came up to me and handed me a rose. I was a bit shocked yet surprised at the same time. I continued to walk when another person stopped me and handed me another rose. I thought it was just a kind gesture from a random person but now I started to think I was being pranked. Once I reached the cafe I had a total number of 7 crimson red roses and with a big smile on my face. I came up to the cash register and was about to order my favorite Jasmine Pearl tea latte when one of the workers handled it to me and said “Good morning _____, your drink has already been taken care of. Please suit yourself to whatever sweeteners you’d like.” I knew something was up but I just let things slide. As I walked over to the sweetener station I noticed a note with my name on it. I opened it and it said…

   “Good morning _____, I know I couldn’t be with you for the past few weeks so I pulled some strings and gathered some wonderful people to help me make your morning a little bit more exciting from your normal routines. I know its not much but I just wanted to remind you how much I love you and how important you are to me. I can’t wait to return home and have you in my arms once more. I love you so much and take care love♥~ Sincerely, Namjoon”

    Once I finished reading the letter, I chuckled at Namjoon’s attempt on drawing me with my cup of tea in hand. I couldn’t stop smiling at the thought that he did all this for me. I finished tweaking my tea latte to my tastings and sat down at a table near a window and pulled out a book. I occasionally took some sips from my tea between pages as I sat there. As I was about to take another drink, I glanced over to see the letter and I found myself smiling like a fool.