Love can never be defined

The magical Love that reached us silently
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baby, are you afraid of darkness?

Don't be-

Close your eyes,

1... 2... 3...

Can't you see the light yet?

This is the light of love, this is me."......

 

"There you go again. Are you in love, Taemin?"  I stopped muttering, hearing my cousin, Lieun. 

"Why, noona? Why do you think so?" Offering a sweet smile, I asked her.

"Why do I think so? Are you even conscious about the fact that now-a-days you always keep muttering romantic lines whenever you're alone?" She almost shouted. I could understand. She was frustrated. I also could understand why she was frustrated over it.

"I'm conscious, noona. It's just the word love sounds so beautiful to me. I wonder how it would feel like to be in love." I replied dreamily and just as I thought, she almost growled at me.

"YOU WILL NOT! This is not something to play with, Taemin. This is bad. Love is the worst thing happening in human life. And so, I don't want that to happen to you too."

I knew. I knew she still used to cry for her lost love. I could literally feel how depressed she used to become whenever she heard the word love. Because all the blame of her lost love, she had put them onto the word love itself.

But, Love was not always that mournful, was it? It was the one that brought such happiness in her life once, wasn't it?!

"Love is sweet and beautiful. Everyone says that. I want to know just how beautiful love is that everyone yearns for it or if it is as mournful as you explain it to be, noona. I just want to know. Nothing more, don't worry." I stated calmly before walking towards the door to go out, offering her one last sweet smile.

 

 

I still have the words, Lova told me, in mind. Lova, my best friend. Every time I saw her, I felt like I was getting to know a whole different person with more depth. She was changing. She said it was for love. For her, love was so amazing that would always show her a brand new way to walk along with her loved one.....like adventure. And, did I mention before that I love nothing as much as adventure? Well, now I did.

Then I thought,

If love is really that much colorful, I want to ha love. I want to see all the different colors of love. I want to walk through all the way of love with that person who probably would be the loved one for me.

 

I didn't notice when I was already walking into Lova's neighborhood until the ckring~ ckring~ sound of a bycycle disturbed the line of my thoughts.

I turned around feeling a bit irritated. I would've thrown one or two strong words at the culprit but when I noticed who he was, I refrained myself. I was refrained automatically, to be précised.

"Hey! Taemin. Sorry. I must've irritated you. Actually, I was kind of in a hurry." He explained giving out a shy smile while rubbing the back of his neck.

Lova's younger brother. They have age difference of 11 months. I could clearly remember his name.

Choi Minho.

As casual and simple minded as he was, just like his sister, he's just as much gorgeous. Gorgeous enough for anyone to not be able to pull their eyes off. Like me.

It's weird how a boy could fascinate another boy like me so much but the fact that is weirder is that I didn't feel freaked out about it. About how much he attracts me!

Hence, I even find myself staring at him sometimes. And when he caresses his lovely guitar strings with his long fingers? Don't ask me to explain. I literally forget about anything and everything that exists in this world except him and the melody he creates.

I don't know what it is called.

It, the feelings that I feel for him.

I sometimes wonder if it is what people calls love.

But...to be honest,

If it is what people calls love then I won't hesitate to give this love a bit of a try, even if he is a boy himself like me.

"Uhmm....Taemin? Are you still here with me?" I snapped back from my thoughts when Minho spoke up. I was zoning out again. The embarrassing thing is I was zoning out staring at him. I wish he didn't mind.

"No! Ahem...I mean, yes. I am!" I replied shyly stammering a bit. He might be thinking I'm a weirdo.

"You looked lost there for a moment." He said smiling sweetly. Oh! That sweet smile!

I don't know from where that hotness crept into my cheeks. I must be blushing. So embarrassing.

"Ahh...n-nothing like that. I was just thinking about something." I replied, stammering again. I'm so busted. Now he's surely thinking I'm a damn weirdo.

"Where were you going by the way?" Minho asked me.

"I was going to Lova's place....uhmm....I-I mean you know, to your place." I replied. What a smart answer, Taemin!

I was feeling like kicking myself. What's wrong with me?!

I was waiting for Minho to give me a look that would say- 'what's wrong with you, man? Are you drunk or something?'

But well, he did surprise me.

He offered me a sweet gentle smile and instead of any mocking tone he offered me help!

"Come on. Get on. I'm sure this little friend of mine won't mind." He said patting his bicycle.

What a sweet person.

And, of course I accepted his help. How can I not?! He sounded so sweet!!

“And....Just to make you alert Taemin, you shouldn’t walk through the middle of the road and to make it worse not absent mindedly please. You might get in accident.”

Oh! Right. How embarrassing!

 

 

***

 

 

"Taeminnie~ you're late!" It was the first thing that Lova said. Then, when she noticed who I was with, her eyebrows furrowed in a frown. Is she mad? May be I shouldn't have accepted Minho's help.

That's nonsense! Why would she mind? We weren't doing anything inappropriate!

Were we?

Why am I even asking?!

Of course, we didn't!!

"How come you two are together? You're not that close to hangout or something." Lova commented.

She said "close".

She mentioned the word "close"!

Oh my! We're not close! She shouldn't have any wrong idea!!

"No!" I kind of shouted out even before I could stop myself. Why am behaving so stupidly suddenly? She didn't really mean that in THAT way. Wasn't it obvious?! Dumb me! I sighed mentally not knowing what to explain at Lova's surprised expression from my sudden shout.

Minho seemed surprised too but thanks to the Almighty, he's smart enough to know what to do except staring at me with a surprised expression like his sister.

"Not really, noona. You know, we didn't have that much of time together to befriend or something. You always kept him engaged with you. And anyway, he seems like to like you more than he likes me." Minho explained winking at his sister. I understood he was just joking with those complains but still, I felt disturbed. It's not like I don't like him! Ok. I know, he was joking. Why am I being so worked up to myself about it?!

"We met on the way. So, you know? I thought I should help him since he was coming to my house. I can't be that irresponsible to my own sister's friend, can I?" Minho added more putting one of his arms around my shoulder.

That was a normal gesture but trust me, I started shaking! And I couldn't stop myself from blushing. I just hoped the siblings won't notice my unusual reactions.

When I looked at Lova, she was staring right into my eyes.

And....I was scared.

"Ok. Let’s go in, now, shall we?" Lova spoke up at last grabbing my arm and pulling me after her.

Though it was kind of scary, I felt thankful to her for pulling me away from Minho's hold. I was almost losing my self control. I was worrying thinking that I might not be able to help myself if I start shaking uncontrollably once.

That would be damn embarrassing.

 

 

 

When we were at Lova's room, she let me sit on the single couch on the opposite side of her bed as she made herself comfortable on her bed. I don't know why but I was sweating a lot.

"Are you in love Taemin?" I'm sure the Almighty gave a chance to live a few more days in the world or, I'm sure I would've died from heart attack then and there.

"W-what do you mean, Lova?" I asked somehow.

"Do you need water?" She asked me.

"Yes." I replied with a cracking voice.

Am I that easy to read?

"Yes, Taemin, you're the easiest living being to read, I've ever met till now." Lova spoke up all of a sudden.

Really?! Is she a mind reader or what? Then, is she inspecting each of my brain sells now??

Ok. I know that sounds weird and kind of...gross.

"What the hell, Lova? You scared me out of my skin! Can't you be a bit less straight forward? Why do you have to always jump to the point without giving any warn?!" I somehow managed myself to say.

"Well, for your kind information, there was nothing worth of warning. I didn't say something that much shocking either anyway!" Lova replied shrugging carelessly.

"So, are you?" She repeated.

"What?" I could guess what she meant but I just didn't want to talk about it because right now thinking about that topic brings inappropriate thoughts and conclusions in my mind.

Lova sighed as if she was exhausted.

"You know what I mean, Taemin" She murmured looking through the glass window of her room.

The green leaves of the trees could be seen dancing in the breeze. Such a calming scenery.

I watched as Lova smiled all of a sudden. -" You might be too dumb to even realize it yourself but let me help you a bit with something." She said looking at me offering a gentle smile. Her smile has a bit of familiarity with Minho's. So gentle and sweet. I like to watch that smile and I can't help but smile back.

"Sweet Taemin, you just need to remember, there shouldn't be any judgments when it comes to the fact that says 'love'. You just need to feel it with your heart. Ask your heart and you'll always find the best solution to your every frustration or disturbance of your mind." 

I didn't know, exactly why Lova said those words to me but now I know.

I know, what Lova said was true. I'm not just saying for whatever. I'm saying it because I also found enough reason later on to believe what she said. Yes. What she said was true.

There shouldn't be any judgments when it comes to the fact that says 'Love'. You just need to feel it with your heart and it'll always lead you to the best choice.

It was true.

 

 

***

 

 

I don't know how it happened but it happened. It was so magical.

The whole thing was just so magical.

 

 

It was my first day at University. Like I should be as a first timer, I was a bit clueless, a bit nervous and also excited. 

After collecting my class schedule and completing all other necessary tasks, I was running for my ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter