Baby Fox

2Ji

Words: 959

 

 

Jiae could never understand the logic of the man who had smeared her dear friend’s name with such accussations. Or maybe, she would never want to anyway. She simply wanted to smack the culprit’s face hard for taking her baby fox away from her these past few months.

Right.

Her baby fox.

Jisoo was sent back to her parents right after netizens decided to take the crooked person’s side and some even demanded the label to remove her from their group. That’s when she reached her peak. She cried nonstop that night and her parents came to take her home. Then she was atmitted to a local hosiptal.

The bloody words that were almost true was Jisoo is currently dating a female and that female happen to be a fellow member, namely Yoo Jiae. She has been secretly dating the talented fox nearly two years now. For the two years spent together, she knew perfectly well that the younger girl was a good person. She’s nothing like the criminal’s accusations.

Jiae is glad that Jisoo’s strong enough as the younger girl only opted to withdraw from their debut promotions. But that also was the start of her mental breakdown. She couldn’t get to hug the baby fox in her sleep, a habit she enjoyed the most for the last two years.  She let out an audible whine and sank her face deeper into the pillow.

“Unnie, are you okay?” Mijoo’s voice startled her a bit. Apparently, Jiae’s desperation of having Jisoo beside her was deafening beacuse she didn’t notice the teeth-rich girl has invaded her room.

“I’m fine” The older girl curtly replied, face deep in the fluffy pillow.

The younger girl approached her on the bed and took a good look at the second oldest member. “Our day off is meant for us to take some rest, not to sulk like this. Do you miss her that much?” Jiae only nodded as an answer.

Mijoo then playfully took off the blanket from Jiae. “Get up unnie, dinner’s ready”

 

 

The seven girls were sprawled around on the couch, some on the carpet, after dinner. The doorbell rang and Mijoo immediately took off to greet the unsuspected visitor.

“JISOO-YAH!” She shrieked in much excitement which alarmed the rest of the girls. Jisoo could only simle toothily at the taller girl’s antics.

“Hi Mijoo, mind helping me with these bags?”

“Sure! Come in!” Six figures then flooded the dorm’s door, all in the glee of seeing their bestfriend coming back to them, but one in a much more complicated and mixed feelings.

“Unnie!” Yein launched herself on the unprepared Jisoo, fortunately she’s strong enough to stay firm on her spot. “I miss you a lot” The group’s baby muttered into Jisoo’s shoulder.

“Yah Jeong Yein, get off of her” Mijoo grabbed the back of Yeiin’s collar shirt and pulled the youngest member to her side. Babysoul, Sujeong, Jin, and Kei were the next to group-hugged the cute fox, exchanging some mushy words like “We miss you” or “We’ve been waiting for this”.

Jiae on the other hand was standing still at the farthest back, eyes glued to the floor.

“Alright, I’ll get these snacks prepared!”

“I’ll help!” Mijoo and Yein then skipped their way to the kitchen.

“We better help those two” Said the leader and the other three obidiently followed her to help with the snacks.

Finally, that left Jiae alone with Jisoo. The fox girl walked slowly towards the older girl. Jisoo took Jiae’s hand into hers and she realized the shorter girl’s been crying silently.

“Unnie, why are you crying?” Jisoo wiped the girl’s falling tears with her thumb. “Aren’t you glad to see me again? Ah...I shouldn’t be missing you too much then”

Jiae finally looked up into the taller girl’s eyes. “What are you talking about?” She went in to hug her girlfriend tight, taking in the familiar scent she missed as she nuzzled into Jisoo’s neck. “Of course I’m happy to see you, I was just...missing you a lot...”

Jisoo smiled warmly and circled her arm around Jiae’s slim waist. She ran her palm on the girl’s soft locks, she always did this to soothe a crying Jiae.

“Are you back for good?” The older girl stared into the fox’s big round eyes.

“I...will” She panicked to see another wave of tears b at her girl’s eyes. “The time is not yet good unnie, our label wanted the prosecution to finish the investigation first and--”

Jisoo was surprised with an urgent kiss from the girl in her arms. The older girl broke the kiss just as fast as she initiated it. The pet lover was a bit dazed and Jiae couldn’t help herself to pinch those fluffy cheeks.

“What’s wrong with you? We’ve shared kisses countless of times”

The dazed girl finally blinked and indded she looked a bit flustered. “No...it’s just that...um...you know, we heven’t been seeing each other for some time and just now y-you suddenly kiss me...wow”

Jiae chuckled at her girl’s cute explanation. So much for being the cool girl that she was.

 

 

“Whoa...Jiae unnie kissed her...”

“This is why I banned you from walking out of the kitchen”

“Unnie, why can’t you be a cutie like Jisoo unnie? Too bad she’s committed to Jiae unnie right now”

Mijoo gasped and placed a hand over her beating heart, feigning hurt from the words spoken to her. “I am the cutest in the world, Jeong Yein! Be grateful that you’re committed to me instead”

Yein narrowed her eyes at the older girl. “Be grateful myass” Then she speedily ran into their shared room.

“Yah! Watch your language, you’re the freaking maknae of this group!”