Secrets

Secrets

When they first met the first thing Yoongi noticed was the way Jimin’s eyes disappeared whenever he smiled. The way his smiles would start from a small change of expression and would quickly take over his whole face, his eyes almost disappearing, and how his cheeks were full and so incredibly pinch-able.

, I have to live with this guy, was his first thought about Jimin.

Before they even debuted Yoongi noticed Jimin’s determination, the way he practiced day and night, stayed after everyone else, aiming for impossible perfection. While Yoongi carried himself over to the production studio and worked all night until he fell asleep on the keyboard, Jimin stayed in the dancing studio, repeating the same moves over and over until his muscles ached and he fell to the ground with exhaustion.

Yoongi, along with the rest of the crew, noticed the incredible loss weight Jimin went through before debut. Although they were all on diets (darn those beauty standard), Jimin was the one who worked the most to stay fit.  He no longer danced until he couldn’t breathe, now he also went to the gym and exercised until he collapsed.

Yoongi witnessed the cute cheeks sink and the short chubby kid he first met transform into a still-pretty-short toned young man.

If Yoongi’s love didn’t develop then, he wouldn’t be tell when it did.

It wasn’t the change that triggered the sudden passion, it was the determination.

After the sudden physical change, Jimin started developing confidence. Or at least an obsession for attention.

Yoongi was the only one to know that his obnoxious ways was how Jimin dealt with his confidence problem. In between practices, when all the members left and only Yoongi and Jimin were left behind in the dance studio, was when Jimin opened up the most.

They would sit next to each other, their backs against the mirror, sweat running down their foreheads. Their conversations started with simple advice from Jimin to help Yoongi with his dancing skills. Yoongi would point out that he was never a good dancer, damn it, he just wanted to produce music all night long, sleep all day long,  and eat once in a while if he was in the mood. Jimin would laugh and praise Yoongi for some reason that Yoongi never understood. Yoongi would deny the praise and a silence would settle in the room.

That silence was everything but awkward.

Jimin would state what was on his mind, almost always in the format of a question; “What if we don’t get any awards?”, “What if I mess up during a music show?”, “What if we get caught in a really bad scandal?”, “What if people stop liking us?”, “What if this?”, “What if that?”.

“How the Hell am I supposed to know?”  Yoongi really didn’t know why Jimin always asked those things. He was just as clueless as his friend, but, unlike him, he didn’t care much for the answers.

Jimin would chuckle, and continue talking. Yoongi would listen, not saying a word and just letting his friend let everything out, work out his thoughts for himself.

Slowly, day by day, Yoongi fell head-over-heels in love with Jimin.

Yoongi fell in love with Jimin’s thoughts, and the way he would talk to himself continuously, his determination, and hard work.

When they first found out they had feeling for each other the two boys jumped at each other. They shared heated kisses that should have been given years ago, touches that traveled too far down their clothes, and bites that would concern their makeup assistants the morning after.

They kept their relationship secret. Whenever it had been a long time since they had any intimate time they would consider telling at least the rest of the guys, but their bravery would quickly dissipate whenever they had the opportunity to confess their feelings.

In a way, it was the secret kisses before and after music shows, the intimate conversations in the dance studio when everyone left, and the midnight cuddles when Jimin crawled into Yoongi’s bed when everyone else slept, that made their love so passionate.

It was what made their love so true.