Chocolates and Flowers

Chocolates and Flowers

 

Valentine’s Day?

 

 

Yeah, well, it’s today. And Chanyeol was stressed as .

 

He was wearing a button up shirt and black, skinny jeans and he wasn’t sure if he should tuck the shirt in or not. It looked weird when it wasn’t tucked in, but Chanyeol didn’t feel like tuck it in today.

 

Ugh, screw this!

 

He took the shirt off in a second and grabbed a knitted jumper instead, going by the ‘keep it simple yet stylish’ rule.

 

Well, the normal Chanyeol would think that this Chanyeol was being too nervy, because this was so unlike him.

 

The normal Chanyeol wouldn’t stand in front of the mirror and decide if it looks good or not. And he would especially not try on everything in his closet and toss them away somewhere in the room only to wear a simple shirt in the end.

 

But today was a special day, and he wanted it to be perfect.


The thing was that he had an argument with a certain brunet a week ago, who got angry at him and stopped talking to him, and Chanyeol wanted him to forgive him because he was missing the brunet so freaking much, so he was planning on surprising him somehow..

 

But he didn’t know what to do.

 

Excellent.

 











 

 

 

 

 

 

“Baekhyun, you’ve always been the one for me, baby.”

 

The giant was practising in front of the mirror, not believing the cringe-worthy phrases that escaped his mouth. Baekhyun would surely not forgive him if he said any of these to him.

 

“You’re the bacon to my egg.”

 

No, too stupid.

 

“You’re the Baek to my Yeol.”

 

I really am stupid.

 

“It feels like someone has taken away the happiness in my life ever since you left.”

 

That was good, I think. But not good enough considering how stubborn Baekhyun is.

 

“You’re my world?”

 

Nope, I give up.

 

The elf boy grew tired of his own cheesiness and sat down on his bed, thinking of other things that he could do.

 

And the things his little smurf liked.

 

Well..

 

Baekhyun liked puppies, having the giant’s attention, food, chocolates and f–

 

Wait… Eureka!


Running downstairs to the hall, Chanyeol grabbed his coat and put on his boots, before getting outside, getting slapped in the face with the freezing cold air. Shivering, he quickly locked the door and started making his way to the nearest store to buy Baekhyun’s favourite brand of chocolate. Which also was the most expensive ones. But it was alright as long as the shorty forgave him, right?




 

 

 

 




 

As soon as he got inside the grocery store he quickly made his way to the chocolate section or ‘chocolate mountain’, as Baekhyun called it. He smiled at the thought of the brunet, and grabbed his favourite before walking to the cash register to buy the chocolate.

 

And damn, seeing the digits on the screen made him feel as if he’d been robbed. Why was this chocolate brand even this expensive? Are these chocolates made out of edible gold?

 

This is pure robbery.

 

He handed the cashier the money and grabbed the chocolate box, putting it in a plastic bag.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, young man!” the cashier smiled at the giant. Smiling back, he bowed slightly before walking out of the building.

 

If Baekhyun doesn’t forgive me, I’ll go crazy.










 

 

 

 



 

He had been standing outside in the cold weather staring at his feet for a while, without knowing why.

 

Brainfreeze. Damn, cold weather.

What else do I have to buy?

 

Checking the list of the things he had to buy, he cursed under his breath.The giant almost forgot that he had to get flowers, too. On top of that, artificial ones. And he didn’t know where he could find those.

 

Amazing.

 

Not knowing what to do, he decided to give his friend a call. Because this was an emergency and he didn’t know what to do.

 

He needed artificial flowers. Now.



 

After two or three calls and loud groans full of frustration, the giant’s phone rang.

 

“Yah, why didn’t you answer?!”

 

“Do you want me to hang up?”

 

“No!” He yelled, receiving looks from the people walking by.

 

“Kyungsoo, I need your help. I need artificial flowers. Where can I find them?”

 

Chanyeol walked back and forth, before groaning into the phone, “Yah, are you deaf?”

 

“Yell again and I’ll kill you.” The other threatened before sighing, “I have artificial flowers at home. They’re good as new, you can have them.”

 

“Wait let me guess.” He said as he started making his way to Kyungsoo’s place.

“You bought them to give them to a girl but she rejected you?”

 

“If you continue talking nonsense, I’ll throw the flowers away.”

 

“No, don’t!” He yelled, quickening his pace , “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I’ll hang up now, s-”

 

But before the giant could finish the sentence, the line went dead. Kyungsoo had already hung up on him.

 












 



 

When he was outside Kyungsoo’s place, he sighed in relief and knocked on the door a few times before the short boy answered the door with an annoyed look on his face.

 

“You annoy me very much.” He muttered before handing him the flowers Chanyeol wanted. The taller smiled, spreading his arms to give his friend a hug. But was stopped by a hand placed on his chest, pushing him back.

 

“Just take the flowers and go.” Kyungsoo said, making the taller pout.

 

“Alright, I’ll get going then. Thanks for the flowers, Soo.”

 

“Don’t mention it. Now off you go!”

 

The smile on the shorter’s lips made Chanyeol smile. No matter how rude he was to him, deep down, he liked his friend very much. And Chanyeol was very happy to have him as his friend.

 

“You’re the best! Goodbye!”





 

 










 

 

Standing outside of Baekhyun’s flat, the giant felt his heart jump while his palms were getting sweaty. He was so scared and nervous that he even thought of running back home.

 

But he didn’t do that, of course.

 

Instead, he got inside and climbed up the stairs. Baekhyun would always complain about how much he hated going up and down the stairs every time he was heading out or coming home. Chanyeol would laugh at him, but he actually understood what he meant now.

 

And seconds after, he found himself outside the brunet’s door. His heart beating loudly, making him even nervous than before.

 

Now or never.

 

He brought his hand up to the door and knocked three times before he heard footsteps come closer.

 

The door opened and there he was, in only a simple knitted sweater and a pair of loose, ripped jeans. Chanyeol his lips as he ran his eyes over him, from head to toe. Because heck he looked so damn good.

 

“Did you come here to check me out?” The brunet snarled at him, the annoyance very obvious. Exhaling loudly, he reached out to grab the door handle so he could close the door, but was stopped by a big, cold hand grabbing his warm one.

 

“Chanyeol, go.” The brunet sighed, his eyes glued on the door.

 

“No.”

 

Baekhyun groaned at the taller as he freed his hand from his grasp.

 

“Please, listen to me this time.” The raven tried again, “Please..?”

 

“You really are annoying.” He sighed, “I’m listening.”

 

Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol’s face to see a goofy smile on the stupid giant’s face.

 

And Baekhyun couldn’t help but find him adorable smiling like that with a red nose, probably caused by the cold weather, since it was really cold today.



 

“Baekhyun, I’m sorry.” The giant started, his expression turning serious, “I really, really, really am sorry.

 

“But you have to understand that I’m not interested in her. Not even a slightest bit. Because you’ve occupied this heart of mine and now it belongs to you only, no one else but you, Baekhyun.

 

He paused, And I love you. Your weird laughter, your stupid jokes, the way you sing me to sleep sometimes, the way you eat, the way you snore when you’re asleep–and yes, you do snore . The way you sneeze, the angry you, the confused you, the stupid you. I love you.”

 

The giant held out the chocolate box and flowers to the brunet, who was smiling at that moment. Because how could he not? The stupid yet cute words that came out of his boyfriend's mouth actually had made his heart flutter.


 

“Artificial flowers?” the short male frowned, a light chuckle escaping his lips, “Am I not worth real ones?”

 

“Yes, you are.” He placed a kiss on the brunet’s forehead, “But real flowers eventually die, and my love for you won’t. Just like these flowers.”

 

The brunet punched Chanyeol lightly on his arm for being an idiot. Although the giant sounded very cheesy and stupid, he had made the shorter’s heart jump in his chest.

 

And this was the thing he loved about the giant; his stupid and cheesy self.


 

“I love you, too, loser.” He laughed before kissing the raven on the lips, which made Chanyeol’s stomach flip, because hell, he’d been waiting for this moment for one week now. And one week was too long.

 

“Oh, you got me my favourites!” The brunet smiled at the raven before looking down at the blue chocolate box in his hands.

 

“I’m such a nice boyfriend, right? But I still don’t understand why they’re so expensive lik–”

Baekhyun shoved a chocolate into the giant’s mouth, shutting him up.

 

“Okay, this is really good.” He munched on the chocolate, his eyes glued on the box, I want more, Baekhyun!”

 

The brunet just laughed and shook his head at how stupid his boyfriend was acting.

 

But I guess that’s what makes me love you.

 
 

 

Dork Chanyeol is my fave Chanyeol.

 

- xstardustxx