FINAL

Neighbor

It's Saturday morning, that he believed it means for waking up late, lazing at the bed, and just doing nothing. But then someone decided to showering while singing. Out loud.

 

*

 

Sunggyu believed that their new neighbor must be someone that hated him so much. He didn’t know the new tenant beside his and Dongwoo shared apartment yet but he have a growing hate toward the new neighbor right now.

Because it's freaking early (7a.m to be exact), not to mention that he went home late thanks to his works and he needed his beauty sleep so much thinking that it's Saturday where he can sleep all day and no one would woke him up. Especially not like this.

He groaned again, tried to grab his pillow and cover his face and also ears by it but he still can hear the painfully loud singing. He tried to call Dongwoo, but he heard nothing from the bed across to him, not even a snore. Sunggyu frowned but slowly opened his eyes. It's true that his roommate already left him alone at the room. It's kind of odd, because Sunggyu sure that Dongwoo never woke up early at Saturday too. But maybe it’s because of the loud singing.

Thinking that maybe Dongwoo woke up to confront their new neighbor because of the noise, Sunggyu closed his eyes and sighed happily. Because he knew that Dongwoo can be an evil if he's up to something. But before he can lulled back to sleep, he heard something else that makes him furrowed his brows.

There's still a loud singing there but then it's something else. And Sunggyu realized the running water at the bathroom. And Dongwoo's voice.

Sunggyu jolted up sat on his bed, groaned, "Not you too!"

"SHUT UP!!" He yelled at the two that now kind of having a very loud duet through the bathroom while showering. But it ended as the duet singing more loudly than before, making Sunggyu hummed in anger and finally stood up, reaching his sweater and walking angrily to the front door. Ready to knock on the next door apartment.

 

*

 

Woohyun opened his apartment door that morning and greeted with a very angry but cute man standing there glaring at him. He blinked and tried to smile but then he heard cold words from the angry-but-still-cute-guy in front of him.

"What do you thing you were doing?"

"Me?"

"Do you know what time is it?"

"Uhm.."

"It's freaking 7.10 a.m. on a Saturday. Do you know that I have so much works until past midnight yesterday night? Do you know that I needed sleep so much right now? And you just need to singing really loudly NOW? ARE YOU INSANE? DO YOU KNOW THE MANNER HOW TO BE A NICE NEIGHBOR?"

And Sunggyu can’t hold back his yells again. He just need to and when the new tenant still standing there with no answer, mouth agape with shock, Sunggyu didn’t wait him until he have some responses. He left him there, walking back to his own apartment while stomping his feet.

He looks like a kid like that but he didn’t care. And when he back to his apartment, he met Dongwoo that already waited him. But before the later can open his mouth, Sunggyu already warned him.

"Next time you having duet like that again, I'll kill you."

And after that, Sunggyu going back to the bedroom, flopped down and almost instantly knocked down there. Sleeping soundly.

 

*

 

For the second time he woke up, it's already noon and there's knocks at the front door. Sunggyu groaned again and waited for a while, maybe Dongwoo would open the damned door but then he remembered that Dongwoo wasn’t home. He went to an arcade with Howon today and that’s why he woke up really early because of excitement.

Sunggyu pouted but then dragged his body to the door and opened it, to find nothing. He blinked but then realized maybe it's a prank, he cursed again but before he can slammed the door, his eyes caught something that hanging on the door handle.

He looked around before he stared at the plastic bag that still hanging outside. Hesitantly he picked the bag and closed the door slowly.

Sunggyu walked to the sofa and sat there while opened the plastic bag. Inside, there's some chocolate bars along with a plastic red rose. And before he can furrowed his brows deeper than before because of the chocolates and rose, he found something else. A note. And there's written, 'I'm sorry about this morning. Usually I'm a good resident and also a good neighbor. If you want to forgive me, how about a dinner at 7p.m? I'll cook.

 

Ps. I heard from your roommate that you're stressed over your works. And because today is valentine day and I heard chocolate is good for stress.... well, eat the chocolates <3'

 

Sunggyu palmed his face when he finished read the note. How many people in the world that apologized through a note and an invite for a dinner? And how many people there that write a note and then ended it with a heart? Freaking a heart. And for stranger. Just what's wrong with this weird guy. He frowned again and but then he found himself stared at the note again.

Well, should he forgive him and showed for the dinner? And if he didn’t show up, that means he didn’t forgive his new neighbor? Then how awkward it'll be for them if someday he needed some help from his neighbors and this guy still thinking that he still didn’t forgive him?

Sometimes socializing makes Sunggyu's head more aching than it's supposed to be.

 

*

 

Sunggyu knew the neighbor next door wasn’t home (he already spied quietly and even sticking his ear to the wall to hear something from the apartment beside him, but its all quiet) and now he just kind of spied waiting the guy for come home.

The clock tickled slowly to 6.30p.m when he heard some footsteps and Sunggyu opened his front door a little. To maybe take a peek if it's the new tenant or not. But then he found himself met eyes with the new guy.

"Oh, hello. Are you waited for me?"

And Sunggyu almost slammed the door, because of he didn’t expect it that the guy would greeted him that actually just want to take a peek and also he felt embarrassed, that he surely looks like he waited this guy.

 

*

 

Woohyun caught a little movement from the door apartment next from his, and he turned his head, found himself stared at his cute neighbor from this morning.

"Oh, hello. Are you waited for me?" He smiled, knowing that he left a note from apologizing and invited the man for dinner.

"No!" He heard a yell and then the door being slammed.

"I'll knocked later then and bring the food! Wait up!" Woohyun shouted to the closed door and walked to the front his own apartment door.

He didn’t heard anything from the next door but when he's inside, he can heard some muffled rustled movement from the apartment beside him. Looks like someone tried to tidy up his apartment.

Woohyun chuckled and walked to the kitchen, ready to cook something for dinner.

 

*

 

"Why you're grinning like that, Hyung?" Hoya asked Dongwoo when he caught the later grinning widely.

"Oh, nothing. Just remembered something," Dongwoo answered and glanced to Hoya's wrist, looking at the watch there. It's already 7p.m.

"You grinning again, Hyung."

Dongwoo laughed, "Well, if it's going according with the plan, I'm sure that Sunggyu now having a dinner date."

"What? How? He finally met someone?"

"No, he just met Woohyun this morning. And he already shouted at him," he giggled and making Hoya smiled to while looked at his hyung.

"I'll assumed that he did something that made Hyung angry."

"Oh, I took some parts too. But I just did that because this Woohyun guy asked me about Gyugyu."

"Hmm? What you did?"

"Having a duet through our bathroom that next each other. Made Gyu mad enough and stormed out to yell at Woohyun."

"And?"

"It's just a plan. This Woohyun guy saw Gyu for some times but didn’t have chances to greet him, but I think he already have a crush on Gyu. I just helped him to finally meeting Gyu."

"You sure he's not a creepy stalker?"

"No, he's maybe not creepy but he's kind of a cheesy and greasy person. But I think it'll fit Gyu perfectly."

"Just don’t mentioned it to him how you helped this new guy if he didn’t like him later."

"Of course not. I still want to be alive."

Hoya hummed again and turned his head, looked at their surroundings for a while before he thought about something again.

"But Hyung, why you do that? I mean, suddenly throw a stranger to Sunggyu Hyung?"

"Uh, well.. You asked me to move in with you, and I think Gyu would be lonely if I just dropped the subject to him, so I think.. it'll be nice if he have someone around him that's not me. And this Woohyun guy just really nice and.."

But Dongwoo can’t finished his sentences because Hoya shutting him with a kiss.

"So, that's your way to say that you'll move in with me?"

Dongwoo laughed, "Yes. Maybe. But yes, I'll move in with you. If Gyu didn’t killed this Woohyun guy tonight through their supposed to be a valentine dinner date."

Hoya smiled and hold Dongwoo's hand, "He won't. Shooting game?" He asked while pointed to another tents in the arcade.

"Sure! I want some new plushies."

Hoya smiled and dragged Dongwoo to the tent.

 

*

 

Epilogue

 

Sunggyu bite his lower lips while he walked Woohyun out to the door after their dinner. It went out as a nice dinner and Sunggyu felt that this new tenant actually is a nice guy after all. But then he still can’t put his finger why suddenly this morning he singing really loudly like that.

"Thankyou for forgiving me."

"Oh. It's all okay. Thankyou for the meals too," Sunggyu said but then he can’t hold his curiosity, so he asked the question that already bothered him, "But why you sang really loudly this morning?"

And from the way Woohyun smiled at him, Sunggyu knew that something was up, "It just happened that way. I already met your roommate before, and asked him about you. I just happened to see you already for some times but I never get the chance to greet you or ask you like what is your name or like that."

"....So you asked Dongwoo too to singing with you today?"

"Actually he's the one that planned it. I just agreed because I want to meet you."

"You just can ring the doorbell and greet me! Not disturbing me like that!"

Woohyun thought about it for a while but then he smiled again, "You're right, but this also worked, right?"

Sunggyu groaned, "No. And reminded me that if my roommate went home tonight, I'll seriously slashing him."

"Ooh , are you a sadist too?"

"What??"

"I think it's fit you from the first time I see you. That you're actually a sadist and have those sides."

Sunggyu stared at Woohyun for awhile, didn’t know what to say.

"I think I will really kills Dongwoo tonight. Go away you creepy ert!" Sunggyu massaged his temple and slammed the door.

"See you tomorrow morning, Hyung! And Happy Valentine Day!"

Sunggyu palmed his face, groaned while thinking how it'll be to live with a neighbor like Woohyun. And that makes him remembered something too, he took his phone from his pocket and then called someone.

When finally someone answered his call, Sunggyu shouted, "COME BACK HERE JANG DONGWOO OR I'LL BURN ALL OF YOUR PLUSHIES."

And he hang up. Sunggyu already walked to his room when he heard Woohyun yelled something too from his apartment.

"OOOH !"

And that makes Sunggyu groaned, cursing the wall, the apartment, Dongwoo and Woohyun. It's not a good Valentine Day at all with a shameless neighbor like that.

Nope. Not at all. Just no.

 

END

 

Actually I didn't know what I already wrote. But, Happy Valentine Day~! /throw hearts and chocolates/