final

Folded Stars

Folded Stars

It’s all about Taehyung –ehem, my boyfriend. He is handsome, rich, smart, and all of the positive things. And one thing that my teacher told me about smart people, they are different. No, not different in the bad way, I mean they have their own way to deal with everything. Proof? Taehyung. He is an alien. I hate alien, aliens are ugly. He really deals with anything in so different way. One day, I got angry to him because he bought me strawberry shortcake. Why? Because I’m allergic of it. But he didn’t even apologize to me. Tch, that kid. Realizing that I got angry, he called his manager. He bought me a bakery, a f-ing real bakery. He is stupid. I don’t know, he is academically smart but he is stupid.

The other thing why I hate him is him. He never listens to me, he makes me look like a friend, instead of a girlfriend. He kisses me, he kisses me at every part of my face, he looks like my dad. He hugs me, he hugs me so tight, I almost can’t breathe, then I’ve became his teddy bear. I love romantic things. Candle light dinner, a bouquet of roses in front of my house, everything that is romantic. But what Taehyung did after I told him about that? He loves being different. The next morning, my mom got angry to me, she told me a bunch of people wearing formal clothes spreading roses all over the floor in front of my house–I’m sure they were Taehyung’s people. It took 30 minutes to clean those all. Again, he is stupid.

At night, he told me to dress up because he said that we were going to have a candle light dinner. I was so happy, I got excited. That was the first time I realized that choosing dress to wear was so hard. My mom helped me, she only sighed, asking if Taehyung was being real or not? I told mom everything and mom got excited too. After a few minutes, he texted me :

Babe, I’ve been there to check the place. I recommend you to wear long-sleeve dress. I’ll be in front of your house in 30 minutes. Please be pretty. C:

It was strange at first that he asked me to wear long-sleeve dress but who cares? We were going to have a candle light dinner and every human race in this world will be jealous. I laughed. Mom decided to lend me her dress, it looked so ‘vintage’ but I like it. As long as it’s long-sleeve dress, I thought. I put on full make up for the first time, usually I only put on lip-gloss and a bit eye-shadow. A sport car arrived in front of my house, and I was so sure that it was Taehyung, anyway who can really afford that expensive sport car in this neighbourhood? I waved my mom goodbye. Taehyung stared at me with a big gap of his lips.

“You look so beautiful,” that was what he said when our eyes met. I blushed, started to scream in my heart because I was so happy, because my dream finally came true.

It was a long journey. I started to think what if Taehyung tried to kidnap me. I just stayed silent, so did Taehyung. I thought he was nervous too. An old gate opened when we stopped in front of it, the car passed through it. It was so scary, it looked like we were passing through a jungle or sort kind of thing. I expected a high and classy building or a big restaurant with famous celebrities because it doesn’t sound impossible to Taehyung. But, he brought me through the jungle. I only kept my mind positive. Maybe, at the end of this place, there would be a table for two with expensive foods and music, don’t forget, the candles. And I was right, in some part.

I almost cry when I found it. A table for two. Expensive foods and all of the chefs. Music. And yes, I really almost cry when I found torches. Those were torches, not candles. F-ing torches. I sighed I should’ve not expected so much. It looked like we were having a camping instead of dinner. But, that was okay, I still can understand Taehyung. The thing I can’t understand was that. Circus –or whatever Taehyung called it. He called a circus crew. Yes, I knew that it was a jungle that we went to. But why circus? His eyes sparkled when the tigers jumped over the circle. The elephant do a soccer match against other elephant, I still can feel the earth vibrating. I stared at him. He only thinks of himself. I was happy that he was happy. I understood why he wanted me to wear long-sleeve dress. Because it was a f-ing real jungle with mosquitoes. Mosquitoes. Those things haven’t been in my dictionary since I was little.

“Aren’t they so cute, babe?” he said with eyes still glued to the performance. I nodded only. Look at his amused face. He really thinks that I’m his friend, doesn’t he?

And the day just ended like that. I wanted to tell him that I was disappointed but I knew that he might think that I didn’t appreciate it. I do appreciate that because calling circus crew and all aren’t cheap. But I just can’t hide my emotion. I cried on the way back home. He asked me why, but I only said that because I was so happy that he invited me to the dinner. And, he believed it. As expected, Taehyung. He looked so proud of himself.

I waved him goodbye. The next day, I didn’t come to school. I didn’t want to meet Taehyung. I cursed Taehyung all night long, I cried. Taehyung called and texted me several times but I ignored him. The urge to break up came again. I typed him the text, but I can’t send it. That alien is so annoying. I can’t even send him a text to break up. Many thoughts came. How will I act if I meet Taehyung at school? That time, I failed to break up.

The next day I came to school, Taehyung asked me if I was alright and I only replied that my phone’s battery is broken, he only believed in me. After that, it came back to normal, when people stared at me in jealousy –which they should’ve not because they were wasting their precious time to  find average boyfriend, and it’s not Taehyung of course.

Day by day has passed, my friend kept saying that Taehyung won’t work for me. My friends knew that Taehyung isn’t my prince with white horse that I expected. But I just can’t let Taehyung go. He is mine, I think. Even if he is not romantic or stupid, he is mine. I can’t bear it if there is another hand that holds Taehyung’s hand. But my mind said different thing, my brain told me to break up with him. I only hold myself, even if the love for Taehyung reducing every time.

And then, today came. 14th of February. He gave me different thing he used to give me at Valentine’s Day. That was a bowl of folded stars from origami papers. The stars were all messy and strange. Some is bigger than the rest, some is puffed and some don’t. And I know, it was Taehyung who made it all. He didn’t give me expensive chocolate, but he gave me those stars. I’m happy that Taehyung made the real effort.

“I can’t fold stars.” he confessed, “I’m sorry those are all messy, I will learn it again.” He said, rubbing his nape.

“You can blame the person in the video! It said that it was a tutorial but she was too fast. Tch, I will find her and tell her that her video was too fast so there won’t be another person who feels the disadvantage of watching her tutorial video.” He said mumbling to himself. I found it cute.

This is my Taehyung. I knew that he loves me. I knew that he wants this relationship to last long, so do I. At first, I thought that I’m the only one who wants this relationship to last long, but he shows me that he wanted this relationship to last long too. Instead of calling his managers and tell them that he needs this and that, he called his managers to buy origami papers and fold it by himself.

“I’m sorry I didn’t buy you chocolate, I’ll buy it today.” he said, I only smiled.

“I want this more than chocolate!” I said, kissing his cheek. He blushed.

I know he is different. And being different aren’t always a bad thing.