001

Their Radioactive Super Girl (Boygroup Ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            I skipped down the street carrying Mr. Pickles, my stuffed cat, humming to myself as I listened to my music. I had recently seen the older song by Tiny G and ordered the exact outfit Do Hee wore. She was so pretty and her outfit was so pretty that I couldn’t help it. So, I did my hair and makeup just like hers and walked to school. I look like her, you know, so maybe that’s why I suddenly liked her outfit. I could feel everyone’s eyes on me, and I did care, but I figured I was better off not listening to their words or acknowledge their stares.

            I’m a freshman. They call freshman “fresh meat”, you know. I grew up sheltered so I never knew they call us that. Is that supposed to be literal or a figure of speech? I mean, it could be literal since humans are made of tissue, muscle, blood, and other things, and I am new to the school. I guess it is literal.

          

          

 

            Today didn’t go that well…people threw things at me, one guy threw rubber bands at me, everyone laughed at the way I looked, and at the end of school, they all threw tomatoes at me. Rotten ones, too! I’m walking home, now. I don’t know why people hate me so much…do I not look pretty? Am I too stupid to be in the school? I know I am here on a scholarship because of my good grades, but am I that unlikeable? Am I not worthy enough for better treatment? Maybe I stink. I smelt my armpits. No…was my makeup bad? No, I’ve always worn makeup to important events and everyone said I looked pretty so it can’t be that. I sighed as I turned down onto the dirt road that led to my house near the forest. Should I listen to them? About killing myself?

            I shook my head, clearing away those thoughts, laughing at how stupid I was for thinking that. “If Kami-sama (‘God’ in Japanese) wanted you dead, he would’ve killed you already, Rae Jae!” I told myself. “You’ll make it through this year, just hug Mr. Pickles tighter.” I hugged him tighter and unlocked the door. “Umma! Appa! Oppas! I’m home~!” My voice echoed through the house. I closed the door, locking it.

            “Umma!” I called, looking around the six bedroom – three bathroom house. “I got an A plus on my biology test! Umma?” I frowned, walking into the kitchen. I looked on the island to see a note from my mom.

Dear Rae Jae,

Your father and I have left to go on a cruise.

We won’t be back for a month or two.

Your brothers are staying at Grandma and Grandpa’s house.

They will check up to you from time-to-time.

Be safe! No parties, either!

            Love Umma and Appa.

 

            I frowned. What about me? Am I supposed to stay in this house alone? I just turned sixteen! I can’t stay in this house all by myself. I sighed,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter