Midnight Call

Ravi/Hyuk OneShots

Prompt: Midnight Call

Written for Ravi 2015 birthday

Word: 1K

Note: PG


"Ello," Wonsik mumbles sleepily into his phone. His other hand scratches his head, and his fingers shift through his very short hair a few times.

Who's the heck is this. Just have to be a day, no a night when he decided to go to bed early. A phone call has to wake him up.

"Hey hyung no. 4." Someone chirps.

His brain needs a few seconds to process that the voice belong to Sanghyuk. Who else would call him hyung no. 4? That disrespectful guy saves people's number in his phone as hyung no. 1, hyung no. 2, and so on. There are many times when he dials the wrong person.

He has mistaken Wonsik's number before too. Hopefully that disrespectful guy doesn't make that mistake whenever he phones Wonsik at midnight. He can deal with being woken up like this, albeit not too happy, other people may not.

"What's up?" Wonsik yawns and scratches his stomach above his pants. He tugs at his blanket, and rearranges the warm material to cover all his legs and up to his waist. Winter is still very much here in February.

"You sound sleepy, go to sleep old man." Sanghyuk, or Hyuk for short laughs cheerfully as if it's bright and early already, and not midnight.

Wonsik doesn't have to check his clock to know it's midnight. When they were still students boarding at the same house, as a favour Hyuk always woke him up in the morning. Wonsik is a very deep sleeper. Sometimes even the sound of the alarm is not enough to wake him up.

"I was sleeping actually." He replies but inside he grumbles until you woke me up.

Even if he complains, it will go into deaf ears. Hyuk can be very obtuse...ON PURPOSE. Sometimes the disrespectful guy just says what he wants, and does what he wants.

He can't blame everything on Hyuk for these midnight calls. When they graduated and moved away, Wonsik continues his habit of staying up late to work on composing and writing music. This fruitful habit combines with his deep morning lethargy contributed to him being late many time.

Hyuk, ever the helpful guy when he feels like to, and when you bride him enough periodically with food and bbq gopchang, started the tradition of calling, and checking up on Wonsik at midnight to remind him to go to bed.

"So what's up?" Wonsik asks since he's now already awake and all.

These midnight call sometimes turn into cheer up call, or consoling each other call. Hyuk complains to him about his job, or his fail attempts at dating. Wonsik then reminds Hyuk that he can be too brash with his words, and no one will have enough patience to deal with a brat like him.

Hyuk will undoubtedly puff, and then jeers back rudely. He'll say "speak for yourself. Mr. Unrealistic Expectation. Who's going to be Innocent, and y. But wait that's not all you want, you want that person to be cute too. That person sounds as if she's 2 different people or have a split personality."

This is the reason why these midnight calls remain sleeping call, or whatever the opposite of waking up call is named. They are too busy dissing each other to ever have these calls turn into booty call, or even phone .

"Well your birthday falls on a Saturday, and you never need me to call you on a Saturday. So I thought I should call you today to wish you an early Happy Birthday."

"Ah, thank you Hyuk-kie."

At least there's some cuteness left in him.

"So did you buy me anything?" Wonsik asks him the important question to tease the other man.

Hyuk probably doesn't even plan to drop by and sees him. This is why he gives the call a day earlier.

"Huh? Why? You want something?" Hyuk asks blankly back with no embarrassment. "You didn't buy me anything for my birthday last year." He accuses Wonsik back.

"You always have to have a comeback for everything, don't you?" Wonsik snorts and avoids answering. He did forget to buy Hyuk a present, and then he ended up never doing it.

"So old man," Hyuk continues to live up to his disrespectful nickname.

Wonsik would have loved to give Hyuk some major side eyes right now if he could.

"You have any date for today? Or are you still forever alone since you know, no one will ever live up to your ideal type?" Hyuk snickers after he finishes asking.

"Rude!" He barks.

"You may as well date an imaginary anime girl, cause only someone from an anime can be your ideal type." Hyuk continues his mission to diss him.

"Hey, hey. That's enough. What about you? Who would ever date someone with a foul mouth like you? Whoever that is must be so huge masochist." Wonsik fires back in good spirit. "And why would I need a date for today?" Tomorrow is his birthday, not today.

"....Have you forgotten today is Valentine's Day? It's a good thing I give you a call, so you won't feel so lonely."

"Pssshhh." He releases a small laugh. "Why is that a good thing? Are you going to be my Valentine?"

"Well if you insist." Hyuk chirps right back. "Go to sleep old man, so you won't be sleepy for the whole morning. I expect you to pick me up at 10:00, and we'll go out to eat and maybe a movie with beer after."

"Wha--Whu-What?" His mind reels.

"Oh and don't be cheap. At least bring along with you some juice."

"Whu?" He can only ask stupidly.

"I don't eat snack so don't bring them." Hyuk keeps on firing away.

"I remember that." He says defensively, before he realizes that's not what he supposed to concentrate on.

"Okay, see you tomorrow!" The guy chirps again before he may or may not laugh or giggle. Then he hangs up.

Wonsik can only stare down at his phone, in his bedroom, in the middle of the night.

What the heck just happens.

It appears he has a date tomorrow. He'll just bring along the orange juice carton he still hasn't open in his fridge.

Hyuk doesn't like snack, or can drink milk. Of course Wonsik remembers!

Wait....Oh never mind.

Maybe he will get some booty call in the future.