1/1

Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ESCAPE

There were times where love could be found easily but as I grew old I found to realize that love can’t be found in my world, my mother used to say when I was little toddler You should never be weak and that’s when I started training my body. I didn’t stop until I felt it was enough; most of the time I will sleep but that didn’t stop me from thinking what I will do the next day. But as time goes, my mother would tell me to find someone.

But I knew well, I wasn’t ready for love. And even though I would talk to her about it she would still want me to meet her lovely friends with their beautiful young ladies. I could say they were beautiful, shower them with sweet talks and smiles, but I feel that this is not enough for me to fall in love with any of them, they just don’t appeal my style.

Today is the day that I could say I got tired of all those girls trying their best to win me, I again I’m with my mother accompanying her to downtown, walking with some of the daughters as my mother keeps a good laugh with their mothers. And the downtown is the same again, most of the people being busy and trying their best to sell their products and here I am still walking.

But he caught my eyes, he with his big brown orbs that could melt you inside, those lips that are shaped like a heart, those lips were tempting. He looked so fragile, squirming at every little touch or stare everyone gave him, he looked lost. Everything around me was blurred as my eyes roamed his body up and down like a prey. He shifted his body; he knew that someone might kidnap him because of has good looking features. Those eyes were watery and my heart skipped a beat as he faced me.

 I didn’t move from my spot as I observed the beauty, the boy looked so mysterious, but eventually I had to go since the petite woman next to me wanted to show me something. I in the end didn’t stop thinking about him, I have turned around a few times to see if he was still there as I walked with the woman, but he wasn’t there and how I wished I could meet him again.

In the end it turned out he is the younger prince of the kingdom, I didn’t know they had such a handsome son, all I know was that the Queen and the King were blessed with a beautiful daughter soon to be married and taken care of. My mind wondered at how such a gorgeous beauty would be hidden from our eyes and how I never heard of him.

My questions were soon answered and my mind was now at ease. My mother told me has a fragile body and his skin was not kissed by the sun because he was hypersensitive from it, but that didn’t stop me from asking questions and my mind to wonder to those watery eyes. As my mother had said about him that little people know about his existence, I knew that I wanted to know more. He was mysterious, even my mother didn’t know his name nor when he was born but as I recall how he looked, he was no more than 18 years old.

That night after I saw him my mind didn’t slept for a second, every thought was about him, how good looking he was, how fragile he looked when those lusty eyes eyed him like a prey. It has been two days since I met him and two days I have been working my body until exhaustion so that I could stop thinking about him.

Today was raining the whole day, unusual for a hot day in the summer which led me to stop training. The whole day I kept myself busy with other stuffs, I helped my mother cook for tonight’s dinner a delicious soup and baked a cake for later which my father would love to taste and praise my mother’s cooking skills. Other than this I cleaned my room, throwing some old things I don’t need.

It was almost nine thirty when the rain decided to slow down a bit; I looked out of my window which had a view to the forest I usually train; placing my books on the nightstand I sighed as I walked closer to the window – it was dark already but the forest tempt me, like it was calling me to go there. My mind was saying no, but my heart yes. Usually I would go and train there from the morning till dawn, but a little run there wouldn’t hurt anyone, right?

Grabbing my top I made sure that I was quiet and my mother won’t scold me for escaping, it wouldn’t be my first time trying to do this at night -  the first time I tried this I got scared and couldn’t come out of the house for a whole week.

I knew I shouldn’t be running when the rain hadn’t stopped completely, but my thoughts are again invading my mind, I ran to the paths I know which could lead always to my home; my feet carrying me deeper into the forest and my breath quickens as an image flashed in front of my eyes. I ran faster and faster trying to get away from those eyes that possessed me, that made my knees weak.

I slowed down as I run out of breath, the nearest big tree was right in front of me, but as I approached it with slowly steps I could see a figure shivering from the cold.

Even if it’s dark I could see that the body is slightly trembling from the chilly weather, my steps slowed down as soon as I was in front of the figure; I extended my arm but the body only flinched away. He didn’t raise his head nor speak any words; there were some sniffs and little movements that indicated that he is afraid of me, his clothes were all soaked from the rain and the way he was huddled like a cat it only indicated that he might have been here for days.

I looked closely, observing the figure trying my best to not scare him; his clothes reminded me of someone, but as it is dark I couldn’t tell if it is the same or not, he was wearing something like a cloak which looked as the same as the prince wore that day.

“Please don’t h-hurt me.”

“I don’t think I could hurt someone as precious as you, my prince.”

And then our eyes met those eyes that kept me awake. His eyes were silently asking for help and I knew I should to something or he will die here. My instincts soon kicked and I kneeled down, extended my arm around him and hugged him from behind. His body was cold and wet from the rain.

I didn’t say anything but questions were again invading my mind. As if he had read what’s on my mind he slowly turned his head to face me, our breaths molding together as he slowly and steadily brought his cold hand to caress my still warm cheek; he smiled before opening his mouth to say what is on his mind.

“I know what you are going to ask, but to put it short, I ran away from the place that keeps me caged.”

My eyes widened as soon as he said why he is here. “But why?” I managed to say.

“I’m just a mistake; I shouldn’t have been born…” He stopped talking but I knew well he has more to say, I saw his quivering lips and I hugged him even more tightly. “They caged me like a prisoner in my room with only one person as a servant – which become my one and only friend, helping me go through the rough times. My family never accepted me, they had never celebrated my birthday and I almost forget that I have a one.”

“What about your sister, she looks lovely and friendly.”

“It is an act, she is fake and she is not like everyone thinks. My so called sister never loved me, she wants me to die, she even wanted to poison me in my sleep but couldn’t because of my friend; her love was never real. That’s why I ran away, but I have never been outside the castle and I got lost in the town and I don’t know where to go or what to do. Few people would recognize me as the lone and unwanted prince as the “mistake” in the royal family; I have accepted the insults long time ago. My only wish was to escape and now I did it, now it is time to find someone who will teach me love and shower me with it.”

He stopped talking, he looked tired and worn out. His story on the other hand is tragic, an unwanted prince since he was born. I placed my hand on top of his and shivered at how cold they are and even though we were already soaked till bones I could feel warm radiating from his body. I smiled as soon as I saw him looking at me like a lost puppy – he is cute.

The rain hadn’t stop but I couldn’t care less as our eyes were locked, his eyes were shining with hope even though he doesn’t say anything. I slowly unwrapped my arm from him and stood up, looking at the prince and extending my arm to help him stand; he looked me confused but soon extended his arm and gladly took mine, intertwining our fingers immediately. Both blushing from the contact we made even on our not-so-perfect introduction, I took my way to the only place he could feel safe, he slowly walking behind me.

“Where are you taking me?” He asked softly, but I just smiled as he looked so cute in front of my eyes, if he is like this I wouldn’t think about attacking his precious lips.

It took us about 5 minutes reaching my home and as I soon saw that someone was waiting in front of the front door, I made myself and the prince quickly there.

“Son…” It was my mother. “My precious son where were you, I told you not to go on this kind of weather you will get cold.” I released the prince’s hand and hugged my mother reassuring her that it won’t happen again.

“Mom I would need you to get the bathtub ready, he is here and shivering from the cold.”

“Who is he, son?” My mother asked as I showed the boy behind me.

“The prince, mother, he escaped from his cruel family. If you don’t want him here mom I would escape with him as well.”

“No son don’t you ever think about that, let him inside, give him something to eat as I get ready the bathtub for him.”

“Thank you, mom.” My mom was the best. I lead the younger male inside the warm house; he was tensed as he didn’t know what to do. I lead him to the small kitchen and got something from the fridge; I heated it on the stove for couple of minutes and placed it in front of him. I heard him say a small ‘thank you’ before munching the food I gave. I went to my room to get my pillow and blanket and placed it on the couch; I would sleep there until I buy a bed for him.

I heard my mother talking to him and leading him to the bathroom to take a bath, clothes already in hand so he could change and yet I’m still with my soaked clothes.

“Son please change, you will get cold.” She scolded me as she used to when I was little.

“I will mom, but let me enjoy the moment.” I smiled.

“As you wish son, but don’t stay late you have work tomorrow and give the boy some more blankets so he doesn’t get cold.” She explained before kissing me on the cheek and going upstairs to sleep.

Ten minutes later I saw the prince enter my room which he will sleep in. He looked really cute in my pajamas, it was little big for him but if he looks always like that I would buy him pink pajamas and size bigger.

“I hope you warmed yourself, this will be where you will be sleeping.” I gestured to my own bed, I walked away from the bed and passed the younger, and he smelled like peaches, my favorite fruit.

“Thank you again.” He said softly before climbing in bed, snuggling in the warm blankets. I smiled and took my way to my couch, I might get back pain but it will be worth it. I snuggled after I changed from my wet clothes and sighed as I remembered how we met and it was just the beginning.

But as I was almost slipping into deep slumber, shyly footsteps woke me up. I felt a presence in front of me and I looked up to see the prince looking at me with teary eyes.

“Can I-… can I sleep with you.”  I didn’t answer but just took the blanked away and patted the small space. He slowly climbed in and snuggled closer to me. I covered him with the blanked and hugged him tightly.

“My name… it’s Mir.”

Mir

Before I knew I feel asleep in his comforting sound of breathing.

***

“Attention all citizens of this village, I as the King want all of you to help me find him…As you may have heard the ungrateful son of ours has escaped during daytime without anyone noticing him. As I know he would hide somewhere here, you must tell me now where he is or I will personally kill you… Everyone who tries to help him escape this village will be punished not only him but his family, too  and I don’t want anything bad to happen as you know I love and respect all of you. So who’s first...”

I had heard those awful words from our so beloved King with a cold heart. I had woken up early in the morning feeling cold, I didn’t understand it until I looked Mir cuddled in my arm slightly shivering and murmuring something under his breath. His cute face made me smile until I saw how my mother and father stood right in front of us.

 My mother smiled lightly as my father looked worried until I understood why; it looked like that our King decided to visit our village and speak up about Mir calling him ungrateful, our house is not so far from the center of the village but I could still hear some of the words he said.

I looked at Mir still lying under the blankets; I got up only to see Mir wrinkle his forehead not feeling the heat of my body. I wanted to stay with him and hug him but I had things to do, my father’s worried face shows me that if we don’t do anything about my prince I would be the one being dead. And I won’t make it happen.

Yawning slightly I made my way to the bathroom to take a quick shower before strolling to the center to see what it is going on. The King might stop talking but he was surely interrogating everyone who saw the prince.

I walked on the streets in the center, people gathered to see what is happening to those who’s been chosen by the King. Most of the faces of the people are full with worry and scared knowing that they might be their victim.

I  stood far away from the scene playing in front of my eyes right now, the King is torturing a young boy, shaking his body like it is a piece of paper, suddenly the small boy fell on the ground and cried from the pain. I had enough.

I went to the King and yelled for him to stop as soon as I saw him almost hitting the boy in the stomach. The King looked up to see me and I saw his smug face, oh how I wished I could punch him right there and then. I stood up in front of him he is slightly taller than me but that didn’t scare me nor his smirk.

“What do you want peasant?” 

“Only to leave this boy alone.” I said as calmly as I could.

“Oh really? What gives you right to order me, huh?”

“Leave the boy alone, if he said he had never seen the prince then it is true.” I remarked.

“Then have you seen him?”

This got me surprised but I would not let him scare me. “No, and if I had seen him I wouldn’t tell you. He does not deserve a father like you.” I spat and turned around, helping the fallen boy from the ground.

“I’m watching you.”

I didn’t turn around nor spare a glance at him, but I could see the shocked expressions of the people, they didn’t think that a boy would confront him. I walked about a minute or so and finally I got off from this King.

The King – his name is Cheondung which translates to Thunder, sometimes he likes to say that he is the King of the thunders. He is pure evil, he isn’t kind but somehow he got the people’s trust it might be something behind it, something is fishy about him I know it.

My thoughts are again invading my mind, with my head hung low and walking nowhere in particular I stumbled upon someone. I looked up to see a boy older than me but have young features; I could remember him being in the crowd mostly behind the King looking worried.

“I’m sorry.” I said and finally I decided to make my way to my house, I think I would need another explanation with more details this time. But before I could turn to the shortest path to my home the guy stopped me by grabbing my wrist, I was going to turn back and punch him in the face if it weren’t for his next words:

“I’m Mir’s servant and best friend.”

I looked at him confused.

 “I know that you saw Mir and I might guess that you got fallen for him.”

“Wh- what?” How could he know that I saw him especially that I had fallen with him the moment I saw him?

“I helped him escape, but I don’t have time for sweet talks. I would like to meet you again tonight and see Mir, too.” He said softly but fast.

“How could I trust you, you could be the King’s spies. As much as I know he has spies everywhere.”

“I’m not a spy and you have to trust me, please?” The guy pleaded but I was still skeptic, he might be a spy and he is trying to get information from me. His eyes are looking at me, his fingers are trembling, and if he is Mir’s servant then I should trust him.

“Okay,” The guy sighs of relief. “Tonight before midnight, meet me on the path on the way to the forest. My house is closer the forest and nobody will suspect you for going there.” I look at him one last time before taking my way to home, feeling my stomach rumbling.

***

It was almost midnight when I saw a guy approaching our house, I immediately recognized him as the servant I talked to today. Mir was right beside me looking worried, knowing that there might be spies around here and the worst of all he is scared that I might get in trouble.

I looked at him as soon as he turned to look at me, I saw how his eyes glistens when he looked at me despite knowing what might comes after we talk with G.O. I learned the guy’s name after I told Mir that I talked with him the morning.

I wish that both Mir and my parents won’t worry about it, though they are still worried about my plan on meeting G.O in this kind of situation where the King is angry at knowing that Mir had escaped.

I opened the door a minute later and welcomed G.O inside with a small smile.

“I’m sorry for coming this late.”

“Don’t worry. Come, sit and then we can start talking.”

“As you wish but can I see Mir first.”

I sighed and walked into my room a minute later seeing Mir sitting on my bed. He looked at me and I indicated him to come with me. He took my hand and I was startled at first, but soon relaxed and squeezed his hand.

We entered the big living room and as soon as he saw G.O, he let go of my hand and run to hug him. G.O laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter