002

The Bestriend Love

"Listen here, asian" a kid named Dallan pulled Jira's arm quite harshly causing her to lose her balance but quickly regaining it. "I'm quite impressed with your english, but that doesn't change the fact that you don't belong here. You should just drag your little bottom up to where you came from!" Jira's eyes were now quickly losing focus because of the tears that were starting to build a wall in her eyes.She fought her tears and gathered up the courage to say, "Why should I?" She scoffed before continuing, "You're probably not from here either, I can see a bit of accent behind those filthy words you say so you don't have any right to kick me out if you're not from here either." The kid let go of her arm harshly and pulled her black, wavy hair causing her to wince. "You're right, I'm not from here. But I've been here longer than you have so I have more friends, allies and knowledge here." He pulled harder causing her head to fall back.

 

Should I stop them? No,no they'll just tell me the same thing. But, my conscience will haunt me forever if she gets hurt! You can do itHIding behind a tree, Kris was silently arguing with his courage causing his eyebrows to furrow and shake his head. He earned a few snickers and points from girls watching him but he didn't notice, he was busy watching the girl who was getting her underwear stuck in a twist. He gathered up the little bit of courage he had and "coolly" walked up to the 3 boys making fun of Jira. "Uhmm...guys?" He poked the guy who was making fun of Jira. "What do you want?" The boy, Ryley turned around, his eyes furrowed trying to pinpoint where he's seen this face before. He clapped his hands together realizing who it was and at the same time planning an evil scheme. He narrowed his eyes at Kris and pointed at him "Are you trying to save this asian kid?" He asked mockingly. Kris' eyes shifted around nervously and quickly nodded. Ryley mockingly laughed, "Well too bad, you're asian too aren't you? I'm surprised you can even see us with those slits you call eyes of yours. Wait here, we'll have some fun with the girl first." He pushed Kris with his hand and he fall with a thud on to the freshly fallen snow. He got up and watched Jira's hair get pulled and her on the verge of crying. He didn't know what he was doing but he charged to a guy, not knowing which one, he just knew that what they were doing was wrong and the next thing he knew, a person was on the ground with a bloody cheek.

 

Jira's eyes shifted from the guy, Logan to Kris, still in shock. The other guys were already running away and Kris looked at his hand, knuckles slowly turning purple he then looked at the guy he just punched. Where the heck did that courage come from? While he was still wondering about how he just punched a guy about 5 inches taller than him and clearly hitting puberty before Kris is, the guy started to get up. "What the heck did you just do?!" he wiped the blood of off his cheek. "I'm telling!" The kid ran away and Jira laughed, "Tattle-tale!" she shouted after him. 

 

Jira thanked Kris for saving her and hugged him and laughed at the image of the kid he just punched crying.......

 

JUST KIDDING!

 

A woman, probably in her late 40s walked up to the two oblivious kids angrily, her heels piercing through the fresh, fluffy snow. "You two! Office! Now!" The two kids slowly turned around and faced the school's most strict teacher, Ms. Lee. Kris pointed to him then Jira, "U-Us?!" The angry teacher's eyebrows furrowed even more. "Yes, you! Do you think I'm talking to anyone else?" She shouted angrily. "Well there are still alot of kids around" Jira said. "What?! You even dare talk back? Office! NOW!". The two kids mumbled, "Yes Ms. Lee." simultaneously before walking inside the warm building.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

A/N 

Sorry for the short chap but the real story plot will start from the next chapter onwards!