Tao

Go off the roads and into the wilds

It was the first day back in school since the Christmas holidays, and I already felt like I wanted to die.

 

Seriously, this place is a mess. It`s practically guaranteed that when you walk through the main doors you’re going to see some toilet roll being lobbed across the corridor.

 

If I was going to give advice to any of the year sevens joining, I don’t know if I could say anything else apart from, “Don’t look at anyone, don’t talk to anyone, don’t even breath. Otherwise they might look at you”.

 

That’s how I get by anyway.

 

The lessons aren’t much better either. All of the classes are absolutely huge and everyone is always so noisy and disrespectful it’s hard to learn anything, let alone hear what the teacher is saying. I don’t know how anyone could actually want to take this career path. All you do every day is sit in a cold, smelly room listening to pathetic, immature creeps making jokes.

 

I don’t exactly get treated the best either. There`s a reason I try to keep my head down. There’s a reason I don’t like looking into people’s eyes. There’s a reason why I don’t like touching anybody. Most of the time, the people I think are there physically are only in my mind, and I look like a complete fool when I’m seen talking to them.

 

But alas, you`re here to listen to my story aren’t you? So let’s get one with that.

 

I was by my locker one afternoon. I had just sat through a whole hour of physics I was absolutely shattered. The next and last lesson was PE so I was planning on bunking out on that as usual and going to the library to read. It was the only place I could actually find peace.

 

Suddenly, I saw a young man running up to me out of the corner of my eye. As I turned my face to look at him, I saw that he was tall and clean shaven. He looked oriental, from what I could capture from his build.

 

Like I said, I never look into people`s eyes.

 

“Hey, Jangmi!” he shouted from down the hall. When I heard his voice, I realised very quickly that it was just Tao.

 

Tao was the only person in my school that I could actually stand. We skipped PE together, so we always went into the library and buried our heads in books. I had never really held a proper conversation with him, but there was a sort of mutual understanding between us. We would spend the last lesson together, and then go our separate ways. I suppose that was what made our relationship so compatible. We didn’t need anyone else to be happy.

 

“Oh. Hey, Tao. Yeah, I was just coming. I just have to clean out my locker a little bit.”

 

“Do you need any help with that or…?”

 

“Nah, I`m good.”

 

As he reached me, it took him a while to get his breath back. He didn’t have the best stamina, and his bones were really weak. After a few seconds of deep breathing, he continued.

 

“Jesus Christ, that corridor is longer than you think.”

 

I let out a little chuckle. He always made me laugh one way or another.

 

He sat down on the floor beside me (I had a floor locker) and we chatted a while, just making small talk. When I had finished what I was doing, I quickly grabbed a few of the books I had brought into school to read and shut my locker.

 

“Okay, Tao let`s do… lets.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There was someone behind him.

 

 

 

 

 

 Hi.

Sorry I`m a little late posting, I had stuff to do yesterday. Enjoy the new chapter

Yellowshu4