A taste

Rediscovering Kang Seungyoon



Kang Seungyoon is a man who always worked hard. He never wasted time because he never took things for granted. Just a few days had passed since their first album promotions stopped, and yet he was already holed up in the studio, preparing for their next album.

Of course, after seeing his dedication, everybody got motivated to exert more effort. Seunghoon observed performances and practices, his mind formulating movements suitable enough to consider using for their next stages. Taehyun locked himself in his room inside the dorm, the beats of a few of WINNER's future hit songs still just a faint vibration among the walls. Jinwoo hung around YG sunbaes, striving hard to keep learning and improving himself for the team.

Mino composed a few stuff as well; juggling his schedule from bothering the hell out of the YG producers, to eating 'til the store closes down with his own WINNER brothers. He also borrowed a studio and mixed his own music other times, in fact, he already had a few good sequences up in the mac. Briefly, he wondered how Seungyoon was doing.

Every time he was at YG building, he passed by the studio where their nagging leader worked whenever he went missing. This time, he stopped in front of the door and contemplated turning the knob, though he couldn't build enough courage to actually reach for it.

It's not like he hadn't been inside, he always came with another member. But not alone. Never alone.

Maybe it had something to do with the thought of intruding—of walking into something he thinks he shouldn't. Although he admits a large part of him wanted to take a peek.

What was it like in Seungyoon's place?

He knew for a fact that Seungyoon adapted well to all kinds of music, it was one of his special qualities that made him the best leader for the team. But it was undeniable that rock was his true element; rock and roll springs him to life.

A person like Song Mino was far from that genre. Every inch of him basically screams hip hop. Hip hop defines him. Hip hop runs through his veins. And since he knew Seungyoon had all the freedom to bask in his electric guitars, it was a given fact that he would just be out of place in that little world he created for himself, oddly standing out like a sore thumb.

He didn't want to invade his safe haven if it meant ruining it.

So he turned around and started to walk away.

"Mino?"

He halted in his tracks and spun on his heels to the person who called him.

Seungyoon was holding a bag of some kind of bread and two cups of hot coffee.

"Yo, Yoon!" he greeted, "'ssup?"

"I'm good, actually. Lucky, even." He gave off a warm smile, stepping towards him. Instantly, Mino remembered Taehyun saying how he always had this special charm when he smiles.

It was true.

"Looks like I don't need to find you anymore since you're already here." he opened the door to the studio and went inside. Maybe he expected Mino to just follow him, so he did.

He shrugged off the nervousness. He invited him in so he wasn't an unwanted presence.

Though he doesn't know if it'll last that way 'til later.

"Why are you just standing there?" he laughed, noticing how stiff he was.

"I was thinking what you'd nag me for today. Didn't think it would come too soon." he joked, pushing Seungyoon into his playful pout.

"Tsk. Tsk. And I even bought you bread and coffee."

So he was expecting him.

"Really?"

"Figured I need to feed you something if I want you here." he chuckled, picking on Mino and his awful eating habits.

But he went past the joke to a more important question: "Eh? What do you want me here for?"

"To listen to the beats I have! You see, I managed to build a few arrangements.." he trailed on while setting the computer up. "I was thinking if they're cool enough to consider putting into the next album but… I need your opinion on it…"

He sat down on the computer chair, typed a few things before spinning on his seat to look back at him. "So do you prefer to just stand there?"

Mino smirked. "Okay, okay, you bastard leader."

 

------------------------------


"You think YG sajang would approve at least one?"

"Of course."

Seungyoon bit his lip, lost in deep thought. He was scribbling random doodles in his notebook, aimlessly running the pen on the page, occasionally stopping to take a sip of his coffee.

"Hey. Don't stress yourself out too much." Mino nudged, "The president won't bite your head off."

"I know. But I wanted to give the best for our Inner Circle. I'm just worried if it's gonna satisfy—"

"I think anything that comes from the heart is recognized, Yoon." he explained. "If we put all our love into it, they'd love it back."

He placed a hand on his shoulder, "Don't worry so much." and Seungyoon paused for a while, before nodding.

Silenced passed between them, "I don't have any cheesy lines left." Mino confessed, and Seungyoon's laughter lifted the corners of his mouth.

"It's okay, I can manage." Seungyoon answered after regaining his composure, "I'm trying to not let the pressure get to me, but you can't help it sometimes, you know?"

Nevertheless, he managed a grateful smile for Mino. "But thank you."

 

------------------------------


A few lazy mouse clicks later, Mino noticed the change in the atmosphere. It started with the sound of electric guitars coming from Seungyoon's computer, growing louder 'til the room filled with it. He watched Seungyoon's shoulders lose the stiffness, as he let himself drown into a state Mino didn't think he'd see right now.

It was like the music massaged him to relaxation, rolling his shoulder blades and stretching his arms. He debated upon going out of the room or turning away, but found himself glued to his place, stuck gawking at him. His heart beat started to race.

Seungyoon closed his eyes and sighed, letting the harmony of slow, electric strings wash over him. The smooth bass soothed the dips and creases on his face, and he swore he heard Seungyoon moan in appreciation. He had an expression on his face that looked a lot like pleasure and passion—Mino had to bite his tongue to keep himself in check.

So this was Seungyoon in his world.

His slender fingers drummed lightly to the melody. A few moments more into the music, he lost himself; throwing his head back and feeling the energy flow through his soul.

It was like he forgot there was another person inside the studio with him. He immersed himself in his craft so much that Mino felt like he was silently telling him a dark, personal secret.

He took a sharp intake of breath. He never really expected how intimate it felt watching Seungyoon in his element. Every movement was laced with grace. He was like a moving art form. Crazy as it seems, but even with layers upon layers of his clothes covering him up, Seungyoon is as exposed as to him. He was bare and beautiful and he was letting him see all of it—all of him in all his glory.

He had all barriers gone. He was vulnerable yet powerful at the same time.

Mino gulped as much air as he can while goose bumps crawled up and down on his hot skin. He had a very strong effect on him and he shivered. He was beyond mesmerized.

He got him hypnotized.

 

------------------------------


Before he can even restrain himself, he moved, until he was hovering over Seungyoon with both his arms holding onto the armrests of his chair, keeping it steady.

But more than that, it actually was to keep himself steady. His knees were pleading to kiss the ground. Any more of it and he would definitely implode. He was on fire; Seungyoon ignited him. He turned him on; he couldn't just sit there and not do anything about it. His fingers twitched, he didn't know where to start.

Then, the one at fault slowly opened his eyes. He should've been surprised at Mino's intense expression, but he isn't. In fact, he even matched up to him; his eyes piercing, burning. Did he expect this? Mino almost asked, but he swallowed it back down, he wouldn'tcouldn'tbreak the moment.

It doesn't matter if he expected it, he doesn't look like he has any plans of escaping. A whisper of a curse went out his mouth, to which Seungyoon smirked. Damn, was he ever so confident like this any other time? Mino can't remember. He couldn't even think straight, much less breathe. Seungyoon had him at the palm of his hands.

Slowly, he leaned down, closing in on his luscious lips. How did pure passion taste like? It was the only thing in his mind. He had to know.

At first, he tested contact, lips on lips. Sparks electrocuted him, made him bolder. He was dying to have a bit on the tip of his tongue, and so he tried, his heart thundering in his chest.

Seungyoon's fingertips felt like ice, though strangely, it traced little circles of fire on his nape, before pulling him closer. He opened his mouth to capture his bottom lip, tugging a bit at it with his teeth.

Through the haze, he felt Seungyoon clutching onto his hair, urging to take the plunge, inviting him in. He obliged, tongue darting out bravely.

Mino gripped onto the armrest tighter as their tongues danced. Passion was sweet. Seungyoon was ing sweet. Everything was a blur of exhilaration. Excitement. He was a ball of hot energy that electrifies. An addicting drug, a sin so wonderful he craved him badly. He kissed him deep, and he responded with equal fervor.

Lack of air broke the kiss, though. And they were forced to end it, sealing everything with a final smack before pulling apart completely to catch their breaths.

The music also stoppedlike it was meant to, like it knew what happened, just ended.

"Holy ." Mino cussed. Falling back into his seat, almost crashing to the floor.

"Holy ." he repeated, breathless. While Seungyoon just remained quiet.

Mino combed his fingers through his hair, muttering "holy " for the third time.

 

------------------------------


"Passion tastes sweet." Mino murmured absentmindedly, moment both of them calmed down. He couldn't forget the feel of him on his lips and it still stirred something inside. He had to shut his eyes for a few seconds to put himself back in control before he jumped on him and attack him like a madman once more.

"Like coffee and bread?" Seungyoon replied after a while, referring to the food they ate.

Mino glanced at Seungyoon. He had no traces of any negative thought lingering behind his eyes. He chuckled, the atmosphere lightening, the flames contained.

"Kinda." he answered, going along with his joke, to which Seungyoon smirked back, his brown irises glinting.

“Maybe the taste changes every time, don’t you think so?

 

-------END-------
 
A/N:
Re-posting my FIRST fic (Original link here) from my LJ account as suggested by a dear friend from twitter ;___; <3
 
To LJ peeps: Thank you for liking my fics! T^T I sarang you ;;
 
To new readers: Hi!! <3 I hope you liked it <3