Win The Game

Win The Game

               EXO High School is famous with their enormous American Football Club.

                They are top of the top. Usually, American Football team always great on only defense or only offense, but EXO High School’s American Football is not. They are great in both defense and offense. There are no team like their team. They really are the American Football leader in Seoul.

                This year, being Wu Yifan as their team leader, they are once again winning Seoul Regional High School American Football competition with unequivocally winning on each match. Their opponents barely made even a touchdown in every match thanks to their great Linemen. Instead, they were always been able to inverted defense game to offense game to create more point thanks to the great combination of that cool Running Back, Oh Sehun and that y Wide Receiver Kim Kai.

                But, there are no strong team that not having strong rival because no one will be the strongest of all forever. The stronger opponent will be come one day and trying to destroy the domination. And for EXO High Football Club, they come in the right time.

----

                The Football Club is currently practicing for their upcoming match on South Korea High School American Football Winter Competition. They had won semi final match two weeks ago and now practicing for the final match. They’d passed the competition until the final many times before even winning the matches with the same rival every season, but this year it will be a little different, their rival is no more Chungcheon High School American Football Club that geot beaten bye them in every finals and surely, Yifan is having his secret fear for this match. This year opponent is from Seoul, like them, yet they are not Korean since their school is being owned by America. They are school for children who their parents are American that live in Korea. They call their Football Team as Fireball – no one knows the reason. They come from basically an American Army-based School, but not that reason that made Yifan is covered with anxiety for his team.

                The main reason is…

                They are American.

                American Footballer’s real spirit flowing through their veins.

 

---

                “Your reason is so lame, Hyung. I can’t accept it.” Kai says,

                The team is discussing about strategies that they will use in the final. Usually this is not a hard job for them, but this team is new for everyone including them. Fireball just participated in the competition this year yet already on the top of the list. The winning that they’ve got mainly because they rivals know nothing about them and EXO Football Club doesn’t want to be one of them. They have their Seniors’ pride for winning every match no matter how strong the other team compared to them or how clueless they are about the other team. Yifan is clearly worried and those words are finally come off of Kai’s mouth as the answer of his fear of their team’s next match. That positive thinker bastard.

                “His reason is acceptable, Kai.” Thank You, Sehun Yifan says on his head. “They are American and practically ‘The Naturals’.” He Continues. Each heads in the room nodding silently.

                “But Natural or not, hard work will easily destroy them. And I think we’ve worked hard more than anyone.” His words is more acceptable, Luhan, their manager thinks. The tension in the room is increasing. Yifan is not being able to bring up his head, instead, Kai’s chin is up in the air. The linemen and other members is keeping their mouth as silent as they can, The cheerleaders is fidgeting on their foots uncomfortable with the tension, and Sehun’s scowling as usual but Luhan can see his jaw tightens, not liking Kai’s words.

                Luhan nudges her foot on Sehun’s knee lightly. Be Patient.

                But He can’t take Kai’s words anymore.

                “Here, Jongin—”

                “Okay team!”

                Sehun’s stern voice soon being cutted by Luhan’s cheery one. He turns his head to his girl with scowl deeper than Pacific Ocean but Luhan don’t mind it. She can settle with Sehun later. The team’s current condition is more important.

                “There’s two more weeks ‘till the final and I’ve got many informations about them. I’ll arrange the information for you all tonight so tomorrow we can see what strategy we will use for the final.” She finish her not so long speech and everyone in the room nodding except Kai, Yifan, and Sehun.

                “And Yifan—”

                “Sorry I’m super late! Is the meeting over?” Suddenly the front door bursts open revealing that petite nurse of school’s infirmary.

                “It’s okay, Joon you can bring Yifan to the infirmary and wash clean his anxiety.” Luhan’s dragging Yifan to the front door that still have Joonmyeon between it and shove them out of the room. “And Joon, did you dye your hair maroon? It’s great. Do to me later.” With that, she shut the door close. Everyone is gaping. Luhan turns back to her team and sighing

                “Now, the meeting is dismissed. You can do everything you want, but remember! Tomorrow you all should be here by 2 P. M. The strategy is as important as the match. I beg your discipline selves. Good afternoon.” She continues and smiling slightly to ease up the mood. She watches her team one by one go out of the room. She also sees the cheerleader squad’s leader, Kyungsoo is busy Kai’s tensed back. She smiles more.

                “You seems so tired.” She snaps her head to the sudden voice and see Sehun is smiling slightly at her.

                “And you tire me more.” She says back to her boys as she moves forward from her current position, putting  the chairs back.

                “Sorry.” Sehun says quietly while helping her with the chairs. Luhan smiles at his act. “Let’s go home,” she continues as she finished and smiling sweetly at Sehun. Hands extend forward towards Sehun and He gladly accept it and leading her out.

---

                “They are quite so strong.” Sehun says. He and their team manager is currently on Luhan’s room’s comfy couch with Luhan on his lap so he can see clearly what’s on the laptop on her lap. The cute manager is busy with all of the data about their new rival fo the next final match.

                “They are so strong that even I can accept Yifan’ words of anxiety this time. Yet I can’t agree with his decision to show it to the whole team.” She says seriously. Sehun sees her scowls slowly make its way to Luhan’s forehead and he feels that Luhan’s tensing as she read the information more. So he decide to ease up the girl.

                “If your scowl really make its way to your forehead, you’ll be fifty in no time.” Sehun brings his fingers up to Luhan’s forehead trying to smoothing her forehead.

                “Don’t play with me Oh Sehun. I’m busy.” Luhan says sternly.

                “Oh yeah? I’m free so what I can do?” He teases Luhan more and this time with his nose sniffing in the junction between her neck and shoulder. Luhan always smells like a baby thanks to her sensitive skin that require her to only using baby products.

                “Sehun, Stop! Dad will come and—”

                “Oh stop you love struck teenagers.” There’s a  deep voice from the door and they know who is that.

                “DAD!” Luhan squacks

                “Hey Dad.” Sehun greets, confidently move over with Luhan still on his lap to the end of the couch so Luhan’s father can sit on the other side.

                “It’s coach-nim for you, Oh Sehun.” Luhan sulks. Face completely red for being busted.

                “Nah nah it’s okay. I’m so proud tho that the best Running Back in the country is calling me ‘Dad’,” He now joins Sehun’s line to tease his daughter. Luhan hates her life. Or not.

                “Okay, so, what information that you have and what kind of help that I can give to our team?” He says and with that they’re drowning in the datas on Luhan’s laptop, but—

                “Sehun, are you sleeping over again?” Luhan’s father realizes that Sehun is wearing his clothes that intentionally he left on Luhan’s cupboard for regular sleep over.

                “Seems like that. It’s already dark outside and you know that my house is not that near from here. Am I not allowed?” He carefully asks.

                There’s long pause that Sehun and Luhan not realizing that they both are holding their breath.

                “No, it’s not.” They slowly release their breath. “It’s just…” , sehun thinks. “Don’t forget to lock the door and wear the .” He continues. “Now, what can I help to our team?” He shuffles towards them so he can see what’s on Luhan’s laptop monitor.

                The Running Back and The Manager only can gaping wordlessly.

---

                “We have no other option except mastering all of our best strategies that we have.” Luhan says to the whole team at the back. She is drawing the team position with messy direction lines that explain the movements of their strategies.

                “But you know we can’t, Luhan.” Yixing, the one of Line Man speaks up. “Our strategies are pretty famous and every team in Seoul is trying to copy it now I thought.” He continues.

                “The coach said so.” Luhan sighs. “But really, we have no other option. The time is not enough to us to creat other strategy or manipulate something…”

                “I heard they play fast. And rough” Baekhyun, one of cheerleader says suddenly. Luhan perks up at her voice.

                “They are playing fast, really fast that their Safety will run straight from south to north with no one won’t be able to stop him to make a touchdown. And they are playing rough, really rough that their Middle Linebacker can attack the Quarterback and destroy him. With that, all the pass will count as fail.” She continues.

                “Where did you get that information, Baek?” Sehun asks with suspection full in his voice.

                “Well, me and Kyungsoo attended their semi final match and talk much with the supporter of their rival team.”

                “Why are you just say it now?” He asks again. Voice stern.

                “We can’t scare you all?” Now is Kyungsoo who finally speaks up. “And actually, Baekhyun is wrong. They didn’t attack the Quarterback.”

                “Then… who?” Suho asks.

                “They will attack the Wide Receiver and The Running Back. Because without that two positions The Quarterback won’t have anyone to pass the ball to.”

                Luhan feels her blood drained down.

---

                The team decided to still using the strategies that they mastered all this long time. They are trying to believe in Yifan perfect aim of his pass and great combination of Kai’s perfect catch and Sehun’s wind-like run. The Linemen – Chanyeol, Yixing, Tao, Jongdae – will do their best to protect them from being hurt. They now are practicing in the middle of school field. The girls are by the side of field, watching them.

                “Don’t think so much, Lu. Sehun will be alright. We will win the match.” Kyungsoo says quietly. Eyes focused on Kai who is currently practicing his catch with Yifan passing every kind of pass to him.

                “And I know you are worrying Jongin, too, Soo.” Busted.

                “Am I that obvious?” Kyungsoo asks whild fiddling with her dainty fingers.

                “No. The one that being obvious is that now we know how those Naturals play and they are having no mercy to anyone and our boys probably back with broken arms and legs.”

                “You make it sounds so scary.” Kyungsoo trembles. She really can’t imagine her Jongin with bandage and crutch.

                “She is right, Soo. That probably would happen.” Baekhyun says. “Our great boys finally meets their real rival. And I hope this time, too we can win. With no one is being hurt.”

                “I hope so.” Suho finishes.

                “That the only thing we can do is supporting them until the end.”

---

                Two weeks become one, and week becomes days, and finally, the final match is tomorrow.

                Luhan just back from sending Sehun home because she thinks that he need to save more energy for the match and driving car from his house to the school could make him tired and she doesn’t like that. She could see the worriness on Sehun’s eyes yet she couldn’t do anything to erase his scowl away. So, when they finally arrived in front of Sehun’s door, she slided her car window and beckoned him until his face in front of hers, cupped his cheek, and kissed him sweetly. Silently saying, fighting, Hun. I’ll always support you, Love.

                Her dad opened the door for her after knocking once and seeing his daughter weak expression, he immediately hugs her tightly on his arm.

                “It’s okay, Little Lu. Sehun will be alright. They all will be alright. We will win the match tomorrow.” Her dad whispers the words soothingly that make her cry.

                “I’m so scared, Dad. They play like animals and they’d already sent all of Running Backs of their rival to the hospital. With broken arms, or legs, or both.”

                “They might hurt Sehun… The will hurt Sehun…” She cries more.

                “Hey, listen to me.” Her dad loosen the hug slightly and bring her chin up to look at him straightly. “Sehun is a great player. And the team is having a great bond, too. In this game, he doesn’t play alone. He have Yifan as Quarterback to give Kai perfect pass so he can catch it perfectly, too and give the ball to Sehun and that wind kid is only need to believe to Chanyeol and other Linemen to open the way for him to run like a wind himself.” She hears his dad carefully.

                “And he have you who he knows that will always supporting his from the side of the field and will be the only one that hug him first time after he win the match.” Her dad continues and she only can blush at her dad’s words. “You doesn’t need to worry about anything. Your boy is strong enough to be the NFL player himself” he jokes and Luhan chuckles a little.

                “Thank you, Dad.” She tiptoes, kissing her dad cheek lovingly.

                “No need, sweetie… actually I’m worrying about my team, too.” The Coach says plainly and Luhan only can gaping at her dad’s michieviousness. How could her mom marrying such a person?

---

                The game is ten minutes away from now and Luhan can see the tensed look on the member’s faces. The team’s member is scattered everywhere in the change room. The Linemen is warming up together and Kai is bending his face down trying to focus with his mind about the match. He is preventing himself to not to be out of the line, Luhan thinks. Kai always have to straighten his mind before their match so he can look to clearly accept the passed ball and the nearest path that will lead him to Sehun. She averts his eyes to give Kai more space for himself then begin searching for Sehun and Yifan. They are nowhere near them.

                The change room’s door suddenly bursts open revealing Kyungsoo with her cute cheerleader uniform that showing her flawless skin. Luhan wonders if she can wear those fake wings and shiny outfits to cheer Sehun. I can’t dance, huft.

                “The game is starting in five minutes. You all should be in the field now.” Kyungsoo informs them.

                “But Sehun and Yifan are nowhere to be found—”

                “They are already seated on the bench out there, Lu.” Kyungsoo continues while smiling and turns back her eyes on the football players in front of her.

                “Okay team! Go kick their asses!” She cheers up and Luhan only can smile at her act. Not knowing that Jongin too smiling brightly behind her after Kyungsoo’s sudden act to cheer the team.

---

 

                Like they’ve expected, the game gone fiercely.

                The other team really wants to destroy them. Like, really.

                They’ve been trying to break down Chanyeol’s to kill Yifan but fortunately, Chanyeol is not that easy to destroy, so their Quarterback still in one piece until now. Yet, it’s not mean that the game’s Fortune Angel is in EXO High’s team side. Their offense strategy is wretched. Yifan couldn’t be able to threw pass so well because of those American Spartans, so Jongin did the same for his catch. And it resulted Sehun to make less touchdown than ever for their team. The worst is, the other team managed to draw touchdown(s). It’s the first time.

                “They play like monsters!” Baekhyun shouts from the side of the field. Her hands and legs tremble, scared of Chanyeol being hurted by other’s team Tackle.

                “This is American Football, not Rugby. Why are they so determined to crush Yifan down?” Joonmyeon comments as well, hands tightly gripping the first aid kit.

                “That’s the point, guys. Without Yifan, we can’t do anything. He is the main pilar, the commands come from his mouth. Am I right, Lu?” Kyungsoo asks Luhan who is continue to stare at the moving players at the field. She is monitoring both team’s movement, reading their rival’s strategy.

                Something really wrong from their movements.

                “Lu, are you okay?” Baekhyun shakes Luhan’s shoulder.

                “No.”

                “Lu?”

                “They shouldn’t do the defense over and over. It’s so wrong.” Luhan’s eyes still focuse on the field. The other girls frown at her.

                “what are you talking about, Lu?” Suho carefully asks.

                “No, no! It’s all so wrong. Our team is continuing to play offense and that new team is playing defense and no one is realizing it, I wonder. Where’s the referee?” Now, she’s babbling again.

                “You know it’s not a foul, Lu. The coin before the kick off said it all. We play offense first.” Kyungsoo says, trying to straighten Luhan’s mind.

                “No. It’s already the second half.” Luhan said sternly. “And which game the team wants to play on the second half is choosed by the second team. And that Fireball is choosing defense again.”

                “Wait.” Baekhyun says. “Are they forcing us to play offense?”

                “Yes. Those monsters are forcing us to use all of our strength. And our triumph card.” Luhan answers.

                “The Main Line. Started from Chanyeol as Center?” Baekhyun continues.

                Joonmyeon stares at the field and searching for Chanyeol. In the offense game, Chanyeol should be in the most center, behind him is Yifan, The Quarterback, and behind Yifan is Sehun. The Triumph Card. She gasps.

                “Luhan…” Joonmyeon’s voice sounds trembled. “They… really want to crush Sehun.”

---

                Chaos.

                Yifan seems can’t control the field anymore. Their energy is drained and this is only the second half. Chanyeol before him is completely wretched for preventing Fireball’s Tackle over and over. Jongin is exhausted from too much jump for catching his long pass. The still okay one here is Sehun, because before the ball even being passed to him, Jongin’s already crushed by Fireball’s Tackle.

                The long whistle is being heard from a far. The second half even over with us only make one touchdown, he thinks.

                The team is gathered up in the bench. The cheerleaders are busy giving them water and fresh towel. Kyungsoo is busy wiping Kai’s sweat away, Joonmyeon do that as well for Yifan, and Baekhyun is not wanting to be the mainstream one. She is helping Chanyeol to pour water all over his head. He needs some slap from the cold water to focus.

                “Guys. ” Their coach calls and they’re quickly gathering around them. “Seems like you all enjoy offense more than defense, so continue to play like that to the other third and fourth halves.”

                “Okay, Sir!” They say in unison.

                “Objection, Sir. The games before already drained their energy and play offense will drain them more. We should take defense, too.” Luhan protests, trying to not looks like begging to her dad.

                “And let lose of our changes to make touchdown? No, Luhan.” Instead, Yifan who answers Luhan’s words of unagreement.

                “If you’re worrying us to being crushed by them, your objection is unaccepted, Lu.” Sehun continues. Ouch. “We are trained until us being this strong. So no need to worrying us. Broken arms and legs are common thing in American Football. We don’t know about pain, we only know about winning.” Luhan’s scowling at Sehun. She want to slap his life out of him and get his sense back but they’re in the middle of the important game, and Luhan doesn’t want to make a scene in the middle of the field.

                “Looks like my players are grown up.” Her dad speaks up, obviously for ending their silent war.  “So, like I said before, play what are you want to play, no need to scared to anything, just run like winds and win. Team! Kick their asses!”

---

“BRING THE MEDICAL TEAM HERE! QUICK! WE HAVE AN INJURED PERSON HERE!” Joonmyeon usual calm voice change to very loud voice that booming through the field. People’s running here and there trying to get first aid kit for unconscious Sehun.

Sehun…

Luhan’s Sehun…

Her Sehun…

Luhan only can stare at the suddenly busy field when the competition’s medical team is trying to help Sehun out from the field. She sees Sehun’s body is lifted and they brought him out with a palanquin.

The scene reminds her of what happened seconds ago…

Her worriness is not empty.

Their decision for play offense in the third and fourth half really sacrificed their member. And he is being Sehun.

She saw how Fireball is practically roaring in the middle of the field when EXO make a touchdown not long after the fourth half started. The touchdown make 21 points different for EXO to win the match. Luhan saw how Fireball member attacking them wildly that Chanyeol is flung out from his line. The sudden attack made Yifan couldn’t control the ball so he threw super long pass to save himself for being crushed. The ball flied above them all, freely that made Kai and Sehun both are running for it. And that was the beginning of all this accident.

Sehun is surely ran as wind, eyes focused at the ball that he couldn’t see Fireball’s Safety came from afar, shoulder and elbow in the position to crush Sehun, hard.

The accident happened so fast even referee couldn’t see it as tackle or pure foul. Sehun is pushed back hard, left arm landed first, body bouncing on the field. His football helmet detached from his head, the result of how hard he’d being crushed. Kai was startled at the scene before him. The ball’s long forgotten.

And Luhan from the side of field already knew. When Kai’s roaring like a mad wolf in the middle of the field, Sehun is no longer okay.

---

                “His left arm’s broken and he is having a slightly concussion of his brain. I think his back head collided with the field, right? He won’t have any amnesia or brain disfunction, but still, one or two headaches will come sometime before the wound completely healed.” The doctor explains Sehun’s condition at Luhan with so much confident in his voice. How can he?

                “Thank you, Doc. Now, can we see him?” Her dad is asking the doctor politely. Tsk.

                “Yes, but he won’t be awake until tomorrow.” With that, the doctor retreats from their peripheral vision and Luhan once again slumped in the hospital waiting seat.

                “You should go home, Lu. It’s dark outside.” Her dad says. “I’ll stay here. His parents too will stay here for tonight you don’t have to worry.” He continues.

                “No, Dad. I’ll stay here for him. You go home.” She smiles at her Dad.

                “He is okay, sweetheart. You looks so tired. I’m sure Sehun won’t like it when he wake up with such a tired face of his girlfriend.”

                “Dad…”

                “You believe me, Lu? Sehun will be okay you will come here with him completely woken up while asking where are you. And this is my responsibility of my player, and I have my responsibility for my daughter, too that I can’t make her up all night to take care of the injured player. So, go home, Baby Girl.” He said whil hugging Luhan tightly. Luhan can read his anxiousness through his voice.

                She sighs and nodding tiredly, “Yes, Dad… Please take care of him while I’m not in his side for awhile.” Her father chuckles at Luhan’s words.

                “Yes, dear. Now, kiss him good night before going home. I know he need it now.”

                Luhan come to Sehun’s room and does so.

---

                Sehun is awake not long after Luhan arrived in his room this morning. He is completely okay except his left hand and his bandaged head. He said it still feels dizzy whenever he tried to move his head. Luhan is worrying about the after effect of his concussion of his brain, but the doctor said it’s a regular thing for people who just had collided their head, so, she not have to be worry.

                The team is gathered up in Sehun’s room now. Bringing a good news for their sacrificed little lamb.

                “You must now how Jongin was practically berserking in the middle of the field when your body is brought to the hospital by the medical team.” Chanyeol starts the tale.

                “He even shouted “SET” really loud and he is even not a quarterback.” Baekhyun continues.

                “He is really the best bestfriend ever. Once he saw Sehun’s being crushed, his knight in shining armor self flame out of his body.” Tao’s exaggerate.

                “Are you really love Sehun that much, Kai?” Chanyeol says again and the romm’s filled by laughter.

                “He was really our savior.” Lay straighten them up. “Without his rage, we won’t be like this now.” Minseok continues the words.

                “A scary savior that even Kyungsoo can’t look into his eyes until now.” Jongdae perks up and the team loud laughter fills up the room once again.

                “Guys, this is hospital. Mind your sound.” Kai grumbles at his team. Disliking how they now make fun of him because yesterday event.

                “I’m grateful, tho, Kai. Really. Without you, we can’t even laugh ot loud like now.” Yifan says as he patting Kai’s back. Feeling grateful of the best Wide Receiver ever by his opinion. “And I feel really sorry for you, Sehun. If I could control my pass, you wouldn’t be like this…” He continues. Eyes sincerely sorry towards Sehun.

                “I’ve been said so much times already, Hyung. It’s not your fault. We play American Football, anyone could be destroyed in the middle of the game. We play with both great power and great tricks. Being like this is anything, really. I’m grateful, too, tho. That because of me being crushed, the beast within my best friend’s body finale wake up.” Sehun says jokingly, eyes twinkling at Kai as his eyebrows wiggling, too.

                “You, too?!” Kai frustrately asking. The whole team’s laughing again.

                “Joking, Man!” Sehun says while reaching for Kai’s wirst, preventing him to get out from his room. “But, still, I really am feeling grateful. At least, I’m okay until right now. Still complete as one body.” He shrugs

                “Remember you can’t play until your arm is completely healed.” Luhan says quietly beside him. Sehun jumps a bit, forgetting that Luhan’s staying by his side this all time.

                “You worry too much. I’m okay, Lu” Sehun says, hands searching for Luhan’s and holding it tightly once he found it. The team’s smiling warmly at the scene before them.

                “I’ll come back to the field in no time, promise me. The Spring Competition is three months away and I’ll be joining it for sure.” He continues.

                “Yes, Sehun is okay.” Kai gives his warm smile for his hurted bestfriend before him. “At least, everyone is okay, and we’d won the game. Pridely.”

---

 

 

 

 

“One thing that I hate from this all is, I can’t eat.” Sehun grumbles while staring at his meals in front of him. Luhan’s chuckling at him.

“You can use your right hand, Oh Se.” She says. Hands still busy with Sehun’s clothes and blanket. He finally can go home after staying for five days already.

“Are you kidding me?” Sehun’s staring at her. Can’t believe her words.

“You can use my right hand?” She says cutely. Clothes and blanket all folded neatly and stacked by the end of the bed. She walks slowly towards Sehun then sits by his side.

“Being left-handed person is .” He huffs.

“And you will say “being right-handed person is ” when you broke your right hand.” She says while picking up Sehun’s spoon and starts to feed him.

Sehun eats giddily. Eye’s shooting a warm smile to Luhan and She only can smile back to him.

“Sehun-ah…”

“Hm?”

“Get well soon, really soon. And come back to the field.” She says quietly.

“I’ve promised you, Lu. I’ll be back to the field in no time.”

“Yes. Be back soon, and I’ll give you prizes.” She smiles widely.

====

WHAT PRIZES.

FORGIVE ME FOR THIS CRAP. SOWWWEEEEHHH ;~;