Prologue

Beautiful Disaster

BEAUTIFUL DISASTER


 

She felt something trickling down her forehead. Was it her sweat? Her blood? Something else? She had no energy to even think as she lay on the dirty ground lifelessly with half hooded eyes.

 

The noises around her were barely comprehensible to her as she tried her best to decipher who or what was making those sounds.

 

She could see blurry images of feet shuffling around her before it came to a stop right in front of her. Slightly picking up her senses, she heard the person – a man – who was still standing there say, “Is she still alive? This one doesn’t look like she’s gonna make it.” And then the pair of legs moved away and that was when she saw more lifeless body a few feet in front of her.

 

Where was she? Who was that man? Why are there people here? And most importantly, why was she even here?

 

“I told you all to bring them alive to me and not half dead like this.” The same man who spoke earlier voiced out in irritation. “Can’t you all listen to me for once?!” The man bellowed and she didn’t even flinch. She was too tired.

 

“I’m s—sorry. They resisted so we had to.”

 

Resisted? She repeated in her mind. Blinking once, the hazy memories then started coming back to her.

 

***

 

“Good luck for your game, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

“Of course,” She smiled when he bent down and placed a soft kiss onto her lips.

 

Still holding onto his hand, she slowly stepped back with a smile before letting his fingers slide away from hers. “Bye. I love you.”

 

He grinned at her and she felt her stomach flutter at the sight. “I love you, too.”

 

At that, she then finally turned around, deciding not to linger any longer since her boyfriend still had a game later on.

 

Dangling her car keys on her finger, she hummed softly and walked towards her car that was situated at the middle of the quiet parking lot.

 

Just when she inserted the key in the car door, she failed to notice the almost silent footsteps behind her before a hand went forward and covered .

 

With alarmed eyes and heavy breathing, she panicked and did whatever she thought of first – which was to stomp hard on the attacker’s foot. She succeeded when the hand around went loose as the man muttered out a cuss.

 

With quick reflex, she then turned and ran towards the stadium as fast as she could, hoping that maybe someone would walk out and witness what was happening.

 

But luck wasn’t at her side as she felt something hard collide with the back of her head before she out.

 

***

 

Remembering those memories, she felt nauseous and tears threatened to fall from her eyes but she held it in so that no one would notice that she was already awake. She didn’t want to risk it.

 

“Well, save your petty apologies to him later on because you’ll be the one explaining when he gets mad.”

 

“B—boss!” A yell caught her attention.

 

“What?” The so called ‘boss’ answered – she immediately recognised as the one who had spoken when he was standing in front of her.

 

“O—one of them is missing. A boy, I think. We counted and—”

 

“Well, what the do you think you’re still doing? Go find him, you heads! I want him back no matter dead or not. We can’t have him run off and alert anyone.”

 

She swallowed the bile in . She was going to die soon. They were going to kill her.

 

Tiffany knew from that moment that everything was going to change.

 


 

Just a short prologue to start this off. Hope you guys liked it and comments are much appreciated, thank you! xx