Birthday wish

Birthday wish

 

* 12:00 *

 

Beeping softly as the rectangular shaped gadget soon vibrated, the owner of the phone opened her eyes reluctantly, rubbing the orbs as she sat up.

 

It was red velvet’s cute maknae, Joy, along with her disheveled hair and puffy cheeks.

 

Though she’s definitely not the morning type of person (thought midnight that time) she then pushed her sleepiness away so she could leave the comforts of her fluffy bed, kicking the covers as she scanned around the room in the dark.

 

She was about to devise her plan for that very special occasion when she noticed something out of place.

 

“Ok…where is unnie?”

 

She then wondered, shaking her head as she blinked in surprise and disbelief. Of all the people who should be missing, the resident teddy bear is definitely not among the possible candidates.

 

Going to the bed of the older girl, she saw nothing that resembles her eye smiling unnie.

 

Making her way to the door as she got out, she then travelled all the way to the kitchen (thinking the other had a midnight snack), until a lump of grey sweater caught her attention.

 

“Oh!”

 

She then backtrack her steps, noticing the mass of what seemed like the girl she was actually looking for.

 

Going for the sleeping mammal look-alike, she then squatted into their living room couch.

 

So it really was her.

 

Sleeping peacefully on the inanimate object, their resident teddy bear hugged herself while she snored lightly.

 

Seeing the seemingly uncomfortable position, it made the younger girl pout.

 

“I don’t know what are you doing here, but you’ll get sick with that unnie…”

 

The now worried girl said, noticing that the other had nothing else aside from her large sweater and shorts.

 

Shaking her head in disapproval, she was contemplating on carrying the older girl versus waking her up.

 

“I’m not that strong…but I can’t just leave you here on this cold place on your own…”

 

Staring at the unaware unnie as she pulled her hair in both confusion and frustration, she finally came to a conclusion when she heard a soft mumble, probably the other’s occasional sleep talking.

 

Going back to their room as she got a huge blanket, she then seated herself next to the knocked out girl, wrapping the soft material as she watched the other snuggle closer to the sudden warmth.

 

“Cute…”

 

She then chimed.

 

Suddenly remembering her previous plan, she then diverted her gaze away, staring at the darkness as she sang a song.

 

“…Happy birthday to you~”

 

Finally finishing, she ended with a small clap.

 

“Happy birthday Seulgi unnie…”

 

Joy then smiled, glad that the other was asleep after all.

 

“I’d probably never say this to you in person but you do know I like you so much right? No matter how clueless you might be, I’m still glad you are you and for that I’m grateful. Please don’t ever change unnie…”

 

Placing a kiss on the other’s cheeks, the tall maknae felt something warm crawling up her face.

 

“I love you unnie”

 

She then said last.

 

Staring while she wondered on what it be the other was dreaming about, it made the young one smile.

 

When she was about to go back to their shared room, her unmoving feet stopped her from doing so.

 

She then decided to just stay on her spot, sitting below while she rested her back at the sleeping figure.

 

“What kind of wish you want I wonder?”

 

The chicken lover then asked.

 

When a small silence followed suit, it made the taller girl hold in her giggles.

 

Finally laughing as she knew the other wouldn’t answer her, she then shook her head at the foolishness of her question.

 

“As if you’d answer me…”

 

She then said, resting her head near the older girl in the unoccupied part of the couch as she folded her arms, stifling a yawn as she closed her eyes.

 

Soon after that, she felt sleepiness came to her and she dozed off soon after.

 

Little did the younger girl knew, Seulgi was not even asleep the whole time. She then opened her eyes and saw the serene look on her dongsaeng’s face.

 

“Park Sooyoung….”

 

Patting the other’s head fondly, the older girl grazed the top of the other’s head with her lips.

 

“Thank you for wishing me happy birthday…”

“…You’re all I’ll ever wish for”

 

****
 

As soft footsteps made their way to the living room, the duo of midget girls halted as soon as they saw the scenario.

 

“Awww…look at them…”

 

Said the Olaf nicknamed member.

 

In the cramped space, two girls were lying face to face. Seulgi was sleeping on the couch while Joy was right below, with her head on the red sofa that was near their resident bear, the chicken lover’s hand was being held by the older girl.

 

And while Wendy was admiring the cute image, the sly leader got something on her pocket as she smiled her prankster kind of smile.

 

“Gonna use this as a photo update later…or maybe a UFO reply…”

 

Irene then said, saving the photo as she wrote a small caption along with it.

 

Looking at her side as it made the derp curious, she then laughed at the words written by the older girl.

 

“Seulgi’s birthday sleeping party featuring Joy~”

 

Smiling as they stared at the other girls, both the leader and main vocal decided to let them be and went on to make a seaweed soup.

 

- THE END -

 

Sorry this is all I managed to write. I promise a better one next time. Hwaiting~! Again, HBD to Kang Seulgi~ ^_^

 

Until next time~ Jya neh! ^^;