final; hiccups and cures.

hiccups and cures.

final; hiccups and cures. | drabble.

 

Yoongi is interrupted by the sound of a 'hic' that is probably coming from Taehyung, since he was the only one in the studio with him. Taehyung looks disturbed even when he's watching his favourite anime on his phone. This is not something that usually happens because anime is the source of Taehyung's happiness (maybe anime comes before Yoongi, maybe—just don't tell him).

Yoongi continues staring at Taehyung and flinches slightly when he hears the 'hic' sound once again, and Taehyung flinches as well.

It takes Yoongi a while to realize that Taehyung is actually having hiccups and when the realization hits him, he's never really felt so stupid in his life before—because it's blatantly obvious he's having hiccups (the 'hic' sound, duh).

Taehyung is finally aware that Yoongi is actually staring at him. But not really at him—he looks spaced out for a moment and that's probably because he was thinking hard about something.

When Yoongi is finally back on earth (funny, really, because shouldn't Taehyung be the one leaving earth and going back to his hometown?), he continues staring at Taehyung—maybe because he's really nice to look at but he wouldn't admit that.

Taehyung blinks once, twice, and the third time before the hiccup comes back again.

Yoongi scrunches his nose before turning back to his computer and shuts it off so that he could pay extra attention to Taehyung.

Hic.

"Yoongi hyung, make it stop." Taehyung whines while he stomps his feet on the carpetted floor like a kid who doesn't get what he wants. 

Yoongi snorts at the sight and gets up from his chair, "alright alright, Hyung will help you." Taehyung brightens up a little and follows Yoongi out of the studio, a few hic sounds here and there following as well.

 

Yoongi brings Taehyung to the convenience store nearby (it takes a while because the younger gets distracted really easily which makes it hard for Yoongi and he can't get annoyed either because the brunette is just too adorable when he gets distracted) and buys for him a bottle of water because he's been told that water helps to cure hiccups.

The auburn-haired male makes Taehyung drink plenty of water, hoping that it really works because he just spent his money on that—and not to mention he only left the dorm with only five thousand won with him.

Taehyung almost finishes the whole bottle until he stops, thinking that his hiccups are gone and are never coming back.

"Hyung! I think the hiccups are—hic."

Yoongi grunts because it didn't work and he just wasted his money on that bottle of water (which didn't work at all, thank you for the help).

"—not gone yet."

 

The older male brings Taehyung back to the dorm by foot since he didn't want to spend any more on transportation and it's not as if the dorm is really far anyway. It was just a few blocks away.

Taehyung keeps whining (and getting interrupted by his hiccups) when they get back to the dorm and Yoongi only grunts and snorts as a reply. He was too busy thinking of a solution to cure the brunette's hiccups.

When they get back, Taehyung immediately runs to the youngest male, especially being the first one he sees, and pounces on him ( "Hyung, get off me!" ).

"I missed you—hic."

Jungkook laughs and pushes the brunette away. Taehyung then clings onto Jungkook's arm and asks what Jungkook has been doing when he was gone with Yoongi.

Yoongi scowls at the sight—not that he was jealous or anything, really—and mutters "brat" under his breath before looking for Seokjin who probably knows how to cure hiccups because 1) Seokjin is the oldest and he knows everything (Yoongi thinks) and 2) he is sane.

"Hyung can I come in?" Yoongi knocks and waits for a reply.

"Yeah!"

Yoongi twists the doorknob and opens the door, then walks toward Seokjin who is using his laptop at the moment. Yoongi sits at the edge of Seokjin's bed and nudges him to get his attention. Seokjin hums and shifts his attention to Yoongi.

"How do you cure hiccups?"

The older seems taken aback by the question because that was not what he expected from Yoongi at all but he answers nonetheless.

"Well when I was younger, my mom used to tell me to hold my breath for ten seconds when I get hiccups and it actually works. For me, that is," Seokjin pauses and looks at Yoongi who looks as if he was thinking for a second or two, "Why do you ask?"

"It's Taehyung."

Seokjin immediately understands and nods. Yoongi mumbles a "thank you" before leaving his room. Yoongi goes to the living room where he last saw Taehyung and Jungkook and is relieved to find them not being so touchy feely.

He plops right next to Taehyung who is currently staring intently at Jungkook's handphone screen—probably watching anime, Yoongi thinks.

The older male calls out for Taehyung and the brunette turns to face him with a cheeky smile (Yoongi's heart skips a beat), "Yes Hyung?"

Hic.

Jungkook ignores the two and continues watching whatever they were watching together.

Yoongi clears his throat and forgets about how Taehyung was looking at him at that moment. 

"I found another cure for your hiccups."

"Really Hyung? Okay tell—hic— me." 

"Stop breathing for ten seconds." Yoongi takes a second to realize that Taehyung might have understood it another way (in which he was correct) because of the look on his face.

"Hyung, do you want me to die?" Taehyung shrieks and looks hurt for a moment.

Jungkook pauses his video and snorts, "You won't die just by not breathing for ten seconds, don't be dumb."

Yoongi shoots a glare at him and Jungkook gets the signal, resuming with his video.

"But Hyung just told me to stop breathing!"

Yoongi is not sure whether to laugh or facepalm at Taehyung's words but decides against both.

"That's not what I meant. I just wanted you to hold your breath for ten seconds. Seokjin hyung said it'd work," Yoongi tries rephrasing his sentence.

Taehyung, being himself, is not convinced by Yoongi and rambles about how Yoongi would be better off without him and how Yoongi is being mean. The auburn-haired male just listens at all the ridiculous things Taehyung was saying.

"Taehyung." He tries to get the younger's attention.

"Taehyung." He tries again (and fails, of course).

Yoongi heaves a sigh before leaning in to kiss Taehyung—at first he only wanted to shut him up, but now that they're already kissing, he decides that they should stay like this a little longer—and Jungkook grumbles about how disgusting they were being and goes back to his room.

Yoongi pulls away and catches his breath, and Taehyung does the same.

"You know I will never be better off without you. Stop saying things that aren't true, Taehyung." He says after he was starting to breathe normally.

Taehyung pouts, knowing that he was wrong.

Yoongi ruffles his hair and offers him a gummy smile which makes Taehyung feel better instantly.

"Hyung?" Yoongi hums.

"I think you cured my hiccups."

Yoongi chuckles and nods, agreeing with him. The brunette stares at him before laughing softly to himself. Yoongi gives a questioning look, wanting to know what that was for.

"If getting hiccups would make you kiss me, I wouldn't mind getting hiccups everyday," Taehyung says.

"Are you saying I don't give you enough kisses everyday?" Yoongi asks in an offended tone. Taehyung nods.

Yoongi leans in and stops when he could feel Taehyung's breath on his lips.

"Tell me, which parts of your body do you want me to kiss?"

 

 

Author's Note:

WELL THAT WAS LONGER THAN EXPECTED. 

I'm sorry because I'm a little rusty since I haven't written anything in a month and I've been really busy with school so to get things started, I've written a longer-than-expected drabble for you guys. Comments are appreciated.