Can You Keep Up?

Leave No Trace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Parkour is not merely just a hobby or a sport- it is a state of mind, a way of life.  It gives you a sense of weightlessness, a sense of freedom and gives you the chance to defy gravity. But it is not all about fun and games. To become a traceur takes courage and discipline. One wrong move could mean the end, may it be the end of your traceur days or the end of your life.

If you ask Taemin what parkour is, he would answer 'it is an outlet, my own get away from my reality. It's my safe haven.'

Because his reality was one he did not want. He is supposed to be a free spirit, going wherever the wind takes him. But he is stuck in a city he loathes, chained by the past he wanted to forget.

-

Two figures moved through the silence of dawn. They stayed side by side, facing the slowly rising sun from their perches above a rundown apartment building. The person on the left was clad in a gray shirt, black sweats, dark blue hoodie and pair of gray running shoes, red locks peeking out of the hoodie pulled over his head. Hazel eyes burned with anticipation. The one beside him was slightly taller and dressed in the same manner, except for his black hoodie and red shoes. Freshly dyed pink locks lay in a messy heap atop his head, face stoic as he waited for the first ray of light to hit.

"So, Sehun," the redhead starts, eyeing the boy beside him, a grin stretched on his lips, "Think you can keep up?"

For a moment, a mischievous smirk lighted the stoic boy's features. "The question is, can you, Taemin?"

And then the first ray of light hit their faces.

The question was left hanging in the air as both boys took a running start. Taemin quickly pulled ahead of the taller boy, jumping on the ledge. Then he propelled himself into the air. He kept his eyes straight ahead, ignoring the 20-storey drop below, and landed on the neighboring rooftop using his hands to break his fall. Taemin uses this to quickly roll to a stop. Vaguely, he heard Sehun running after him and he quickly stood, once again making his way across the building. He quickly reached the other side, jumping and flipping over obstacles with Sehun trailing after, doing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter