Awakening

Hidden Thoughts

 

Jiyong sighed upon closing the covers of the book. "How ridiculous."

He stood up and stretched his back that had gone numb from the past few minutes of sitting still on the leather couch. He stared at the book with his eyebrows raised as if ridiculing it. Although full of doubt and derision, he sat back down and continued to read. He flipped through the pages with his eyes full of disbelief and at the same time, curiosity. Upon flipping through it, he sat up and squinted his eyes. There was a page that caught his attention

 

"Sit on lotus position and close your eyes. Focus and meditate. 

Clear your mind of any unnecessary thoughts. Concentrate on achieving a calm state of mind.

Imagine yourself inside of your mind: You are breaking the walls encrypted deep inside your mind. You are letting in your awareness of other's thoughts." 

 

Jiyong laughed. "What's this? This is downright ridiculous."

He leaned his head back on the couch, staring blankly onto the ceiling. 

"Mind reading, huh?"

BEEP!

Jiyong flinched upon hearing his phone ring. He took out it out from his pocket and answered it.

"Oh, Seungri. Why'd you call?" He answered in a monotonous tone.

"Hyung, why are you like that? Aren't you happy to hear my voice?" Seungri said in a child-like manner.

Jiyong laughed. "No. It's because I was in thinking about something when you called."

"Hmm? Thinking about what?"

"Nothing. Just some book I read recently."

"Ohh.. Anyway, hyung, me and Yongbae hyung talked earlier, and we decided that we all should go out tomorrow."

"Why? What about tomorrow? What's going on?"

"You're free tomorrow, right? You have nothing going on?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Perfect. Well, since we all finally had a free time, why not get together? It's been a while since we all got out and had fun."

"Oh, I see. Where are we gonna go, then?"

"Ehh? You don't sound very enthusiastic about it at all, hyung."

Jiyong chuckled. "No, it's not like that. I am excited."

"Aish. So pretentious."

Jiyong burst out laughing. "No, really, I'm looking forward to it. What more do you want? I'm laughing right now."

"Aigoo. Yes, yes, I could hear you. Just don't forget about tomorrow, okay?"

"Wait. Where are we going, though?"

"We'll go clubbing. Seunghyun hyung have this friend who just opened a club. I heard it's really upscale and extravagant. We'll go there."

"Ah, I see. Alright. I'll meet you guys tomorrow night, then?"

"Yep, don't forget, okay?" 

"I won't."

"Alright. Then, goodnight~" Seungri hung up the phone.

Jiyong slid his phone into his pocket, smiling. "Ah, really. Always so energetic."

I wonder what's going on in that guy's mind.

Jiyong chuckled.

Full of naughty thoughts, I bet. 

I think it'd be fun if I could read his mind. I could take better control of that brat, if that's the case.

 


 

THUD!

Jiyong's body hit the ground upon falling over the couch.

"Oww.." He murmured.

Jiyong sat up and looked around him with his eyes half-closed, as if wondering why he woke up in his living room.

He glanced at his watch. "What the? 1 pm? I slept way too long."

Jiyong stood up unsteadily, still groggy from sleep, and headed towards his bathroom. Upon washing his face, a thought crossed his mind.

Mind reading, huh?

What was that person thinking? Giving me such a book.

Jiyong reached for the towel on the hook and wiped his face with it. He walked outside the bathroom, reaching out for his pocket. He took out his phone and typed in a message.

"Create New Message:

To: Ri

We still going? Let me know so I could prepare on what I'd wear."

 

BEEP!

"Well, that was fast."

 

"1 New Message:

From: Ri

Yep!~ ^.^"

 

Jiyong rolled his neck back. "Alright, then. It's been a while since I last hit the club."

 

"Create New Message:

To: Ri 

Alright. Let's play and meet some girls, then."

 


 

"We're here, Mr. Kwon Jiyong." The man said, looking at Jiyong through the rear-view mirror.

Jiyong nodded. He got off the car and walked towards the building, with ease and confidence. He stood up straight and fixed his leather jacket. Upon reaching the entrance, Jiyong heard a familiar voice.

"Jiyong!" A man with a striking, almost-silver blonde hair shouted, walking towards him.

Jiyong smiled. "Oh, Yongbae. What's up!"

Yongbae leaned his arm on Jiyong's back. "Let's go! The guys are already inside."

Jiyong smiled and nodded.

As they enter the building, the two guys could already hear the loud booming music. The feeling of going to a club was something they haven't felt in a long time. It made them feel estatic.

They entered the building with just them nodding at the bouncers and the people at the front desk. All of them knew they were a special guest of the owner.

"You won't believe Seungri." Yongbae murmured.

"What?" Jiyong leaned in closer. "The music's too loud!"

Yongbae raised his voice. "I said, you won't believe Seungri!"

Jiyong looked at Yongbae, his eyebrows raised. "Why? Did he do something stupid?"

"No, it's not that. It's just that he dressed way too flashily. He said that he's gonna get all the attention."  Yongbae said, laughing.

Jiyong chuckled. "Just let him be."

"Oh, Jiyong!" A deep, familiar voice shouted.

The two of them looked at the tall man with a brushed-up silvery-white hair, walking towards them.

Jiyong smiled and clasped hands with the guy.

"Seungyun hyung, where's Seungri and Daesung?" asked Yongbae.

"Well, Daesung's ordering drinks at the bar. For Seungri, I don't know. He disappeared." 

Jiyong chuckled. "Aish. That guy."

"I bet he's off approaching women." Yongbae said, smiling.

"Hyung!" a bright, familiar voice shouted.

They looked at the brown-haired man approaching them. The guy was holding a vodka glass, smiling widely at them. 

"For you." The man handed Jiyong the drink.

"What about us, Daesung?" said Yongbae, jokingly.

Daesung laughed. "I left it on our table. I brought Jiyong hyung one caused he hasn't drink any yet."

"Well, thanks, then." Jiyong raised the glass and drank.

Seunghyun placed his hand on Jiyong's shoulder. "Tonight, we party!"

Jiyong smiled. "Alright!"

"Oh. There's Seungri!" Yongbae pointed at the man wearing a suit, heading towards them.

Jiyong laughed.

Seungri walked towards them, smiling smugly.

"Wow! You look so manly!" Jiyong said in a mocking manner.

Seungri turned around in a 360 angle, still with smug look on his face.

Jiyong, Yongbae, and Daesung burst out laughing. Seunghyun let out a single-liner laugh and moved towards Seungri.

"It's crooked." He reached out for Seungri's collar and fixed it. "Aish. You have the nerve to be so cocky, but you can't even fix yourself properly."

Seungri moved away from him. "I can fix it myself, you know."

"It's faster this way, you brat." Seunghyun pinched Seungri's nose. 

"Ah, that hurts!" Seungri rubbed his nose.

Seunghyun chuckled.

"Aish. I crooked it for Jiyong to fix. This damn guy."

Jiyong raised his eyebrows. His attention was caught.

"..What?" He looked at Seungri.

"Huh?" Seungri leaned in closer to him.

"You said something, right?"

"Said what?" Seungri tilted his head. "The 'I can fix it myself'?"

"No, no. Not that one. After that."

Seungri squinted his eyes. "Uhh.. I didn't say anything after that."

"I'm pretty sure you said something about me.."

"I really didn't say anything, hyung."

Jiyong stared at Seungri, trying to figure out what's happening. 

What the..? I'm sure it was Seungri's voice I just heard.. 

But, I didn't see his mouth open, though.. What's going on?

Seunghyun chuckled. "What, you drunk already?"

Jiyong rolled his eyes. "You know what, never mind." 

"Yeah, never mind that. Let's go to our table already!" Daesung walked ahead of them.

Jiyong nodded. "Alright."

The four of them then followed Daesung's lead. As they walked further inside, they danced along to the lively music. Being a well-known group they are throughout the music industry, as well as to the whole of Korea, everyone's eyes were glued on them, despite the distracting neon lights. Their bold, eye-catching fashion and charisma to add, gave every person inside the club a reason to stare at them with their jaws dropped.

A woman, wearing red a body-fitting dress, walked towards them.

"Oh my gosh! Big Bang! I'm a big fan!" The woman said in a high-pitched tone.

All of them smiled warmly at her.

 She reached out her hands towards Jiyong"Especially Mr. G-Dragon. Nice to meet you!" 

Jiyong shook her hands and smiled. "Thank you. Nice to meet you, too."

"Um.. Is it okay if I buy you a drink?" she said, playing with her fingers.

"Unbelievable. This flirt! Get your hands away from him!"

Jiyong's eyes widened. "I-Im sorry! He didn't mean it."

"..What?" she said with a puzzled look on her face.

Jiyong squinted his eyes. "Uh, what Seungri said just now.."

Yongbae nudged Jiyong's arm. "What are you talking about?"

He looked at Yongbae. "You didn't hear it..?"

"Hear what?"

Jiyong turned his head to Seungri. "Yah. You said something just now, didn't you?"

Seungri furrowed his eyebrow. "No, I didn't. What are you talking about, hyung?"

"Wh-" Jiyong paused and stared at him. "Never mind."

I'm really sure I heard Seungri. Earlier, too. What's wrong with me? Am I hearing things? Or is it the vodka shot? No, no. I'm not a light-weight. It can't be that.

..Then, what was it?

"Umm.. so yeah. Is it okay if I hang out with you?" the woman looked into his eyes while biting her lip.

Jiyong scratched his head. "Uh, you see, I'm with them and-"

"Why not hang out with me, instead?" Seungri cut Jiyong off.

"O-Oh, sure." She laughed nervously. "How could I reject Seungri's offer, right?"

"Let me buy you a drink, then." Seungri winked at her.

"Sure." she smiled.

Seungri then took her hands and walked away from them.

Yongbae sighed. "Unbelievable."

"Let him be. We're here, after all. We could guard him." said Daesung.

"Well, then it's just the four of us. But, let's enjoy the night, anyway." said Yongbae.

"Alright. Let's go have some fun!" Daesung grabbed Seunghyun and jumped.

Jiyong stared at Seungri, watching them as they walk away. 

..Weird.

 

 



Well, this was a new experience for methe 3rd-person narrative and the fantasy genre. I had fun writing this, so, I hope you did, too.

Thank you for reading the first chapter of "Hidden Thoughts". I hope you would continue supporting this fic 'til the end.