Final

You Are In Love

This is really rough, holy cow I am sorry for what you are about to read. Fair warning. Fighting!


"Hey Luhan?" Minseok calls his best friend, dragging the other out of his textbooks. He looks at his best friend and laughs upon seeing the glasses dangerously close to the end of his nose, his eyes wide behind the frames, and his brown hair sticking up in every direction.
 

Luhan gives the older a look before taking off his glasses and leaning backwards to stretch out his back and arms. "What's up Min?"
 

"How are you and Kris?" Minseok asks casually, leaning back and crossing his arms over his chest.
 

Luhan smiles wide at the name, before biting his lip and smiling softly, "We're in love"
 

Minseok chuckles slightly, that's not the answer most people give, but then again, Luhan isn't most people. He's someone who's guarded, but filled with emotions. It's been five years since Minseok met Luhan, on the soccer field, Minseok was a local with a partial scholarship and Luhan was the transfer from China who had a full scholarship. Minseok remembers they hit it off instantly because this was a rich people college so the scholarship kids need to stay together.
 

It took a year for Luhan to really open himself to Minseok, and that was when Minseok found out that Luhan didn't really need a scholarship, his parents were rather wealthy, but Luhan was determined to prove that he could stand on his own. That was also when he saw the younger, though only by a few months, have his first breakdown. He remembered coming home to a sobbing Luhan who couldn't stop yelling in Chinese and throwing all of his stuffed animals around the apartment they decided to share their second year of college. That's when Minseok had found out how broken Luhan really was.
 

He never found out why Luhan had broken down that day, and he's not sure he ever will, but that's okay, because that was the last time it had happened.
 

"I know you're in love Lu, who else would move countries for someone?" Minseok adds rhetorically earning a tilt of the head from Luhan.
 

"We weren't in love then," Luhan adds quietly, looking down at his hands in his lap, "We were broken and still trying to piece ourselves together."
 

Miseok's eyes widen and he leans forward, "What are you talking about Lu?"
 

This was new to Minseok, Luhan had never mentioned much about his and his lover's- Minseok and Kris are friend's now but the guy was intimadating at first until he opened his mouth and made too many jokes and had a smile full of gums and all of a sudden Minseok had known why Luhan was so in love with the man- past. He knew the basics of they both moved to Korea from China, apperently Kris's family owned the largest business in Korea and Luhan's was close behind. He knew their families were friends and then all of a sudden Kris was transferred to Korea and Luhan followed with soccer scholarship.
Luhan gazes at Minseok with glazed over eyes and Minseok swallows the rock lodged in his throat. "How are you two really Luhan?" Minseok hears himserlf asking again.

 

Luhan smiles softly, a glow filling his eyes again, "We're in love."
 

Minseok smiles again before looking down at his thumbs, finally asking the question that's been on his mind for a little while now.

"How did you know you were in love Luhan?"
                                                                                 **********
"This is our son Kris," Luhan looks up from shiny black shoes placed in front of him to who his dad's friend introduce. Luhan notices that the son was also dressed in a tuxedo, he has legs that seem to go on forever, with an equally long torso that's fitted into his black blazer. Luhan notices the straight shoulders, cowering slightly, before looking at the man's face. He has soft features but a striking glare with black hair that was styled up in the middle and shaved on the sides. Luhan overall felt very intimadated and shrinks behind his mother.

 

She roughly grabbs his arm and pulls him in front of her. He flinches as her nails dig slightly into his arm as she says coldly, "This is Luhan, our son."
 

Luhan looks back at the ground, biting his lip because his mother's grip was even tighter than before and he knows that he is in trouble when he gets home.
 

"I would appreciate it if you wouldn't grab his arm so roughly, Ms. Xi," The deep voice makes Luhan jump slightly and he looks up at the owner of the voice with wide eyes. His mother seemed to have been surprised as she let go of his arm immediately and stutters out an excuse.
 

"Kris," His father hisses, which Luhan notices but stands in shock as Kris shruggs him off and reaches out for Luhan. Luhan blanches and Kris slows his arm down before gently grabbing his hand, "If you'll excuse us, why don't you all talk your business over dinner and Luhan and I will do the same."
 

Luhan heard no answer from his parents and just let himself be dragged away. He stares at the wide expanse of the male's figure ahead of him and he felt a strange sensation course through his body.
 

"I'm sorry to have dragged you away like that, we can go back if you like," Kris offers, snapping Luhan out of his thoughts.
 

"No!" Luhan exclaims before stuttering out a quieter no.
 

Kris chuckles slightly, tugging Luhan around a black SUV before opening the door for he shorter. He then went to the driver's side and buckles himself in.
 

"I'm glad you didn't want to go back, I can't stand my dad, and no offense, but I didn't like the way your mom acted towards you." Kris adds with a deeper voice, anger slightly evident.
 

Luhan slightly smiles as he whispers softly, "I don't really like them much either."
                                                                           ********
Luhan's surprised to find himself sitting across from his dad's friend's son again, laughing nonetheless, but he can't say it's an unpleasent surprise. "No you did not!" He shrieks at what Kris told him.

 

Kris laughed before nodding, "I seriously did. She was awful to me and Jongdae so I gave her money for a cab and left."
Luhan smiled at that, he's learned that Kris is very protective of his body guard slash assistant. Jongdae's dad had raised him by himself and also worked for the Wu's and since Kris and he were only two years apart, the moment Jongdae turned sixteen he requested for the position and since Kris and he were already best friends he easily got it.

 

Luhan looked back at Kris and saw the ninteen year old looking at him, the flames from the candle sitting in the middle of the table dancing in his dark brown eyes. Luhan feels a shiver rack through his body as he stutters out a what.
 

"Call me Yifan," Kris replies seriously. Luhan tilts his head in confusion as his brows furrow together.
 

"My real name is Yifan, and I want you to call me Yifan," Kris-Yifan explains. Luhan nods and smiles brightly, a certain feeling flowing through his body again.
 

"Okay," Luhan answers softly before they finish their dinner in a comfortable silence.
                                                                        ********
"Why are we getting coffee at midnight Yifan?" Luhan questions as he stares out the window. The city is surprisingly bright in the middle of the night, and the stars are shining and Luhan silently thanks Yifan for coming and kidnapping him tonight because today was extra bad with his parents and he knew he was going to hit rock bottom tonight. Luhan glances at Yifan and laughs when the other just shrugs.

 

"I've had a bad day so I need this," Yifan says casually, glancing at Luhan before turning into a small coffee shop.
 

Luhan snorts, "You need coffee for a bad day?"
 

Yifan gets out of the car and runs to the other side, opening the door he looks at Luhan with that look again, and he says carefully, "No, I need you."
 

"Yifan," Luhan exhales, the other doesn't reply, he just grabs Luhan's hand and intertwines their fingers befor tugging him into the empty coffee shop.
 

"Hi Yixing," Yifan greets the barista, "Can I have two of the usuals please?" A short male behind the counter nods and shoots Luhan a smile that makes Luhan smile back.
 

The two sit across from each other in silence until Yixing swings by with their drinks, two hot chocolates. "Thanks Xing," Yifan says before Yixing smiles and turns on his heel to walk away.
 

"He can't talk," Yifan adds as they watch the male walk away from them, "Something happened when he was little and he just hasn't talked since then. But he has a wonderful boyfriend that takes care of him."
 

Luhan makes a noise of start, "Oh, I'm sorry. That must be awful."
 

Yifan nods but makes no move to reply and Luhan sees the distance look in his eyes and like usual he wishes he can reach out and take Yifan's hand to pull him back, but that's not his place.
 

"I met him in a support group," Yifan starts, "I was fourteen."
 

Luhan doesn't say anything, even when Yifan doesn't explain, he only stares at him. He sees him in a new light now. Gone is the 'Kris Wu CEO' title, in front of him he sees a broken twenty year old that has been through too much in his life and all of a sudden Luhan sees why they get along so well.
 

They're both broken.
                                                                               ******
"Morning Xiao Lu."

 

Luhan moans and rolls over and cacoons himself in the blankets. He wiggles slightly when he feels a hand patting the blankets over his .
 

"C'mon, I made breakfast," Yifan coos, making Luhan groan before slowly detaching himself from his small sea of blankets. He rubs his eyes and extends his arms out towards Yifan who just chuckles and piggybacks him to the kitchen counter.
 

They eat breakfast in slience, like they do most mornings because it is something comfortable to them. Since they had their coffee date a couple of weeks ago, there are things that have changed, and Luhan is unsure of whether it is good or not.
 

After they finish cleaning the dishes-together- they curl up on the couch and watch some American movie that only Yifan can understand but that's okay because Luhan likes resting his head on Yifan's chest, and he likes the feeling of his heart beating against his cheek.
 

But today is different, and though Yifan can feel it in the air, only Luhan knows why.
 

"My parents are sending me to Korea," Luhan mutters lowly, he secretly wishes the other does not hear him because he would like to disappear without letting the male know, he is not strong enough for the pain that this will be bring.
 

"I know, and I'll find you," Yifan growls, catching Luhan off guard, "I overheard your parents telling mine. I refuse to let them break me again. They will not take you away from me. I will find a way to get to you."
 

And then all of a suddenly a dam breaks in Luhan and he can no longer hold his feelings back. He sobs into Yifan's chest and when he finally calms down he pushes himself off of the other and places his face in front of the Yifan's.
 

Yifan is the first to lean in, and Luhan is close behind. Their lips touch and then next thing Luhan knows he is under blankets and curled into Yifan's chest.
 

"Please don't leave me," Luhan begs quietly, he repeats it like a mantra before Yifan grabs his face and kisses him again.
 

"I won't. I promise."
 

Luhan is still unsure of what this feeling is even as his plane takes off, but he has the promise of Yifan in the shirt he wears, and the smells that surround him.
                                                                                 ******
Luhan brakes down when his father had calls him and tells him that Kris is engaged. He doesn't want to believe what his father said, but at the same time, he does believe because he knows he is not someone that somebody could love. Now he realizes he's a fool for thinking that Yifan could love him.

 

At least that's what he thought until it's midnight and somebody keeps banging on the door. Luhan doesn't want to get out of bed, but Minseok was not home so he has no choice.
 

"I'm coming," He calls in a scratchy voice, his throat raw from screaming and crying.
 

He opens that door and drops to his knees immediately. The person follows suit and wraps him tightly in an embrace.
 

"Only believe in me Xiao Lu," Yifan whispered, "Please, only believe in me."
 

Luhan nods and pulls Yifan into a passionate kiss.
 

They spend the night together, just cuddling and basking in the other's presence before Yifan looks at Luhan with that look he knows so well.
 

"You're my best friend," Yifan tells Luhan with a goofy smile on his face that has Luhan laughing and kissing him hard.
 

They both pull away and that's when they know.
 

They are no longer broken.
 

They're in love.
                                                                          ******
Luhan finishes his story with a smile but it is immediately replaced with a frown because his best friend is sobbing in front of him.

 

"Minseok, are you okay?" Luhan asks tentatively.
 

Minseok just nods before wiping his nose with the back of his hand, "I can't believe you all went through that."
 

Luhan just shrugs shyly, "It's not exactly something you want to tell people."
 

"I am your best friend damn it! You should have told me," Minseok crys out, before a throat clears behind him.
 

"Kris is behind me isn't he?" Minseok questions, earning a nod and giggle from Luhan, "I'm just you're really good friend. A good friend."
 

Kris chuckles and comes around the table to embrace his lover and kiss the top of his head, "It's okay to call Luhan your best friend, Minseok."
 

They all chuckle before Luhan raises an eyebrow at Minseok, "Why'd you ask how I knew I was in love?"
 

Minseok's cheeks flush and he mumbles something that nobody can quite hear.
 

"I'm sorry what was that?" Luhan asks again, his tone teasing.
 

"I said I may possiblely be in love with Jongdae, okay?" Minseok yells, filling the empty library with his voice. He glares at Kris who topples over in laughter, laughing even harder as Luhan elbows him in the ribs though he is fighting his own set of giggles.
 

"What is so funny?" Minseok asks slamming his hands down on the table. Luhan bites his lip as Kris chokes out a "You should check behind you before you yell that."
 

Minseok pales and his eyes widen as he looks at Luhan, "He's behind me isn't he?"
 

"Yes, yes I am," Jongdae answers teasingly.
 

Minseok wastes no time to shoot up and out of the library doors, thanking his time as a soccer player and as one of the graduate assistants now.
 

"Shouldn't you go get him Dae?" Kris asks finally calming down.
 

"He can't hide anywhere," Jongdae answers, "We are roommates after all."
 

Luhan and Kris fall onto each other laughing, watching as Jongdae strolls towards the doors singing at the top of his lungs.
 

Luhan calms down first and looks at his lover, "I love you Yifan."
 

Yifan cups his boyfriend's face before pecking them lightly, "I love you Luhan."
 

"ing gross!" Jongdae yells as he walks out of the door, making the couple fall over in laughter again.
 


A/N: Okay, so this is word vomit I got from listenting to you are in love by taylor swift. if you listen to it and read this maybe it won't be so bad. But I just had to post something BECAUSE KRISHAN REUNITED TODAY WHUTWHUT. and for those who know of my SOS story, ;D is all I can say. Also follow me on tumblr -> Doubletrixx  because if I get enough followers from here I may start putting sneak peeks on there, and i could totes do little drabbles if ya send me requests ;D Okay, again, I'm sorry you had to read that. okay bye.

You're a brave soul.

          -DoubleXX