Trust....

When GD = Baby... Literally.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: ok i wrote this chapter cause it's connected to the succeeding ones (which i'm still typing), first there is no way that this is reflective of actual events, all are fiction and not in relationship to wht really happened in the past...the time line is different so yeah.. (goes back to typing the rest of the chapters)

 

Chapter 22 -

“I’ll make you big kid~~~” the man stood in front of Jiyong, they were in the middle of their family living room and Jiyong just smiled from eye to eye as his parents finally signs a piece of paper. “People will go crazy for this I promise!” the man in spectacles gave a thumbs up as he slides the paper inside the a brown envelop, “Now why don’t you try giving your uncle another round of your dancing before I leave?”

 

Jiyong looked up to his mom and sister who were nodding, he got off of his mother’s lap and went in the middle of the room, his sister playing a familiar music and with a snap he started dancing his heart out.

 

It was a dream come true for him, hmm but more so for his mom. He doesn’t get what is going on, why he always had to sleep inside the bus with other kids but as far as he knows ‘he’s going on a field trip’. He wonders why most kids go to school then afterwards have either soccer practice or club meetings, while he goes straight to a mirrored room with 3 other kids and had to be taught to dance; this was play…as far as he sees it.

 

Going around Seoul, appearing on shows that people will clap at you, being called “cute!” then smile wide then have meals after meals served! Then mention the toys!!!

 

It was fun….until….

 

The “play” becomes boring when it reaches to a point that he can’t seem to be awake anymore for his day class, when he wants to sleep or watch tv but he gets dragged to this building and be yelled at and forced to dance even if his body was painfully sore.

 

It was no longer fun that he ends up crying cause he wants to play at home but the man, the uncle that promised him to take care of him pulls him harshly by the shoulder and shakes him to stop...yelling that he won’t “make it” if he doesn’t grow up fast.

 

It was no longer fun when the man that feeds him candies after rehearsal starts throwing things at him when he can’t remember the steps. Especially when the man saw him playing on the street with his “normal” friends and was scolded and drag to not waste energy for a “show” tomorrow.

 

It was no longer fun when he wanted to cry and not move but got pushed on stage and saw how his mom were anticipating what magic he can do…it was the only thing that made him move on, to carry things on his shoulder….despite the complete lack of desire to really dance Jiyong moved as if his life depended on it, performed like there’s no tomorrow…all because of the smile from his mother.

 

So it was not fun anymore, but the smile on his mom’s face made it worth it.

 

He thought he can live with it, to continue whatever this so-called ‘play’ is….but the harshest thing happened.

 

“We’re no longer gonna need you.” The ‘used-to-be’ warm uncle coldly told him and his mother one day. 

 

His mother started wondering what happened why the manager have not called him for weeks now so they decided to check up on the ‘uncle’ personally but was only met by this cold response. He didn’t even allow them to enter the office, the place Jiyong was thought to call as ‘second-home’.

 

“It’s not working out you see---“ The manager explained.

 

“BUT I INVESTED! I PAID A LOT!” Jiyong’s mother irately cried. “THE CONTRACT!”

 

“oh yeah…” The man handed the paper back to his mother, “read on the bottom part of the contract…”

 

Jiyong was lost why his mother suddenly turned pale and her hands shook as she finishes reading, he can see the tears on his mother’s face. Jiyong looked at the older man and noticed a smug smile.

 

“How dare you….he’s still a kid and you swindled him…” he heard his mom said and slammed the paper on the chest of the man. “what type of soul do you have!?!”

 

“A soul that makes me survive the showbusiness…now please get out of this building that kid brings me bad luck.” The uncle pointed at Jiyong and closed the door on their face…

 

“Never again.” Jiyong’s mom said as she drags him out of the now deemed as ‘evil building’ from that moment on.

 

A few more years passed and he was skiing with the family…the place they were staying at have a tv on the receiving area.

 

“Jiyong hurry up!!!!” his mom called out, so Jiyong hastily tied up his skiing shoes and took out his snow board, he ran towards her and she quickly started redoing every tie and layer of his clothing. “Seriously Jiyong…I told you not to wear this type of jacket…”

 

“But mom it goes well with my board! See! The color matches….” He proudly parade in front of his mom who just shook her head.

 

“You’ll get cold.”

 

“I don’t mind.”

 

“I do cause if you do get a cold, I’m the one who’s gonna end up taking care of you and heeding to your whining---here…” She tossed the room key to him, “change.”

 

“aish---“ Jiyong turned around defeated and started heavily walking towards his room when---

 

~~little roora where are they now?~~

 

Jiyong paused at the sound from the tv, he turned to watch and was shocked as old clips of him started playing, him dancing and doing a random guesting. The hosts started reminiscing and saying it was the good times and they want to research where the kids are now---

 

Jiyong gritted his teeth, back then when the contract got terminated he was ok with it, he doesn’t really have any idea what happened…but now that he had grown, he finally realized how much money they got swindled out of it. As he paused to mentally curse the memory a man tapped his shoulder.

 

Jiyong jerked at the sudden surprise, it was creepy how the man was smirking at him.

 

“You’re one of the kids aren’t you?” he leaned closer to Jiyong studying him carefully, Jiyong stepped backward and turned to call his mom.

 

“mom~~~” Jiyong put the snow board between them.

 

“Yes?” he was relieved his mom quickly appeared and stood beside him. “Excuse me?” she too was alarmed by how the man was eyeing her son.

 

“I’m Lee HyunJin...” He snapped out his jacket and started digging underneath the layers of clothing and took out a card. “I’m a scout.”

 

“We’re not interested---“ Jiyong turned around but his mom grabbed his shoulder…

 

“Please just take my card and think about it…” The man handed his card to his mom. “I’ll wait…”

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes, this man is like the fourth one who approached him, but all of them didn’t even called back and the last time he went to actually meet one he was met with a shady looking place and turns out it was all bogus…so why believe now right?

 

“Mom it’s just another con-artist---“ Jiyong snide but his mom just handed him the card, looking shocked and eerily, excited….Jiyong took the card and his eyes went big, “whoa----for real???” Jiyong blinked a couple of times to really sink in which company the man worked for…..

 

SM Entertainment.

 

It’s play again…..but the play became weirder and weird when he started getting packaged to something he was not.  He was forced to attend a class on about ethics and how to dress…the choreographers were more brutal now, and more frank. He slowly felt isolated, he always thought he was a pretty boy and he doesn’t bother much about it but when he saw countless of boys being packaged like that and how vain it was, he started disliking the idea.

 

“I feel like a human Barbie mom….they’re even asking me to use this…aish!” Jiyong threw piece of make up handed to him by one of the noonas. “They promised that they’ll make sure I’m going to be ME…but I feel like I’m being turned to another person!”

 

But when he first back up to one of the artist and he saw his mom on the crowd proudly clapping her hand, Jiyong smiled…he wanted to see that smile all the time…maybe being called “pretty boy” wouldn’t be that bad after all.

 

He wanted to it up, to think that maybe the new repackaged him is better---but not until he was confronted yet again---by the same man who handed him the card a few years ago.

 

“I’m sorry but there’s something lacking---“ the man said as he tries to explain why Jiyong’s locker was emptied before.

 

“did I not dance hard enough? I did all of the things you said, I even changed how I act, move, talk….I change ME! Did I do something wrong!?!” Jiyong can’t take his eyes away from the box across the room containing all of his belongings, and more so on the group of trainees who just passed by on his box and one even pointed at it and cried out ‘oh another one got kicked out’.

 

“Sorry Jiyong, it’s not really working out---in the end you’re not really what SM is looking for---“ the man shook his head then coldly turned around, “Try another company if you want…”

 

“but aren’t you the guy who said if SM rejects you there’s no more company that’ll take you……..” Jiyong gritted his teeth, fighting back the tears… “What about the money mom shelled out? I at least want that back---even just a portion.”

 

The man turned around to face him and scoffed, “what money?”

 

“the money we gave  you!” Jiyong swore if this man was not just chubbier than him and bigger he might have jumped on him and pummeled him on the floor.

 

“I’m sorry but I don’t remember anything about it---“

 

“WHAT THE!?!? MOM GAVE OUT A PORTION OF HER LIFE SAVINGS FOR IT!! EVEN MY SISTER TRIED TO HELP! WE GAVE IT TO YOU IN THE MALL BEFORE WE AGREED TO GO IN HERE!” Jiyong shouted, but he got scared when the man looked at him and just raised an eyebrow, “What are you smirking at?!”

 

“sorry but I don’t know what you are talking about Jiyong, if you keep insisting that I might start filing a libel case against you or something----you can’t prove that Jiyong...as far as I know..THAT.DIDN’T.HAPPEN” the man laughed evilly before walking away.

 

Jiyong shoulder was hit by a couple of trainees…

 

“dude!” the guy said as he rubs his shoulder, “don’t stand there like an idiot---“

 

Jiyong’s fingers were shaking as he took his box and hugged it tight…his lips quiver as he slowly steps out of the cold building----he gave the structure a last look before walking to a nearby trash can and dropped everything inside, dumping the memories of the brutal training and also the 5 years he spent inside that dreaded place.

 

That’s just when he noticed that he was still holding his mango shake but he no longer have plans to finish it. So without even thinking he turned around and walked towards the building’s metal mark…

 

“SM….” He glared at his shake and with an evil smirk threw with all his force his teen hands can go the shake and with a loud splash hit the metal name.

 

“HEY!!” the guard cried out and started blowing the whistle, Jiyong turned around and ran away leaving that dreadful place behind.

 

When his tired legs reached home, Jiyong wanted to sneak in but he failed when his mom was busy ironing clothes. “What happened you look like an army of devil just chased you…” his mom laughed, oblivious of Jiyong’s lost.

 

Jiyong just hugged his mom tight and started sobbing… “Mom, never….I’ll never trust another agent….hell I’ll just be a salary man or something----“

 

Jiyong’s mom just hugged him tight…

 

Just a few months after a few months, working at a fast food joint to save enough money to be able go with his classmates to their Bussan summer trip. It was really hot….

 

“Boss you don’t mind I open the windows right?” Jiyong said as he wipes his forehead, the manager’s hand just appeared from the back office with a n ‘ok sign’. “sheesh!!” Jiyong loosened the buttons of his shirt when the chimes from the door sounded. “Welcome---sorry the aircon’s not working for now---“ Jiyong smiled, maybe his smile can at least calm the customers down. When Jiyong looked, he was surprised to see that two grown men entered the restaurant, both were wearing black, he always wondered why their place never gets a celebrity…maybe this is the first time. But why men seriously?....

 

Jiyong just smirked at himself as he grabs a couple of menu and gave it to the newly seated customers. “If you want I can bring out a fan----“

 

“Nah it’s ok---“ the man with a funny voice just waved his stubby fingers.

 

Rude much? Jiyong just rolled his eyes.

 

“I want one---“  the lighter toned guy called out. Jiyong turned around and was about to bow at him when suddeny his mouth fell open….actually it was more of his jaw got dislocated and went rolling on the floor at the realization who the man was.

 

“You’re…you’re…..” Jiyong swallowed, “Seo Taiji….”

 

The man smiled and nodded in recognition…Jiyong just froze there…

 

“Now for the fan?” the Donald-duck (well that’s how Jiyong put up in his head) snide at Jiyong. That’s the only time Jiyong recognized who it was.

 

He quickly ran towards his boss’ room to get the fan, “Boss boss!!! Guess who’s here!!”

 

“huh?” the chubby man just raised an eyebrow. “Who??”

 

The two peaked, their head slightly appearing from the door, both of their eyes went big.

 

“OMG SEO TAIJI!!” the boss covered his mouth, as he and Jiyong jumped up and down in excited “he’s….seirously…HE’S HERE!”

 

“but the man with him is a bith!”

 

“don’t call him that! Don’t you know him???” the man quickly hit Jiyong’s head for being disrespectful. “That’s one of the boys…”

 

“so that’s why I don’t know him…he’s one of the boys….” Jiyong sarcastically rolled his eyes.

 

“idiot. That’s Yang Hyun suk! I heard he’s starting a company or something…hey Jiyong didn’t you tried being an idol or something---“ the manager pulled Jiyong to the door, as they both look at the two men who was obviously still talking about something serious.

 

“Umm…yeah so?”

 

“why don’t you try one again!”

 

“NO WAY!!!” Jiyong frantically shook his hands and head then proceed to pick up the fan for Seo Taiji and “the boy”. “I’ve had enough---“

 

The two men ate quietly, while Jiyong just busy himself with cleaning the tables, his boss was sitting on the counter, and for a few times he can swear the guy was sneaking in a few shots of the two customer with his hidden camera.

 

Finally when the two men were finished and had paid the bill, the manager officially asked for a photograph, Seo Taiji agreed but the other one just offered that he just be the one who took the pictures of the artist and the two commoners. Jiyong threw the mop to the side and smirked with his smile revealing his gums.

 

After the mini photo-op (well 2 shots that is), the two men left and when the door closed Jiyong and the manager started jumping up and down. The manager took out one of his old Seo Taiji albums and plopped it in the cd. Jiyong, taken by the brush of sudden meet up with a legend started rapping along side themusic…the manager gleefully claps his hand for Jiyong as his young employee used the mop as a mic stand and when he hit the high note the music suddenly stop.

 

“Old man you really should start fixing the music box----“ Jiyong rolled his eyes but then was shocked when the manager’s hand was actually on the stop button, face flustered looking at something behind his back. When Jiyong turned around to look at whatever his boss was staring at his blood also went down the drain. “errmmm…” Jiyong felt like digging himself a grave as this Hyun Suk guy looks at him, one eye brow raised an a mocking smirk.

 

“I forgot my jacket---“ the man raised his black jacket…. “do you have a minute?”

 

“for what?” Jiyong held the mop pole behind his hands.

 

“Just a talk---“ yang hyun suk smiled.

 

“Seo Taiji’s waiting for you—“ Jiyong was really uninterested…

 

“Let him wait….now do you have time, even 5 minutes?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Cause the 5 minutes I have for you is something that might change your life.” This man wrapped his arms around body.

 

“not again----“

 

“again?” Hyun Suk tilted his head to the side. “You tried other agencies?”

 

“yes and I don’t trust people like you----hell nobody….turst only your mom and myself…that’s my motto!” Jiyong slammed the mop on the floor. The man leaned on the counter and just smiled at him…

 

“because you haven’t met me…” the man looked at Jiyong as if he’s about to jump on him. “So 5 minutes?” this hyunsuk guy pointed at the chair across the room. Jiyong nodded.

=================================================

ok now i'll answer the questions  =), first thanks for putting interest in my little story (i'm trying to finish this within this week..)

esp to heii2deii :)

"Ri's family situation is really tought =/, how are you gonna fix that? i don't want Ri's business to be gone.. it's so important to Ri, it's his back up plan and dream since before he debuted.. don't take it away please!!
Will the necklace be finished soon? Are you still gonna continue the story after that ? like an aftermath to Ji learning his lessons? & How they're going to treat the changes in their relationships.. stuff like that.. [P.S. Respond to this part please?]

Answer:

-The question on how seungri will handle his family's financial problem will be soon revealed, the fact that Ri was still keen to making his business prosper despite the possibility of selling it out showed he still wants to hold on to it if possible.

-The necklace will be finished soon...or if my body can hold up an all nighter to finish it tongiht? or tomorrow don't know when but i'm meeting my personal deadline already since i'm doing my review hahaha....so i need to focus back on my study asap. but don't worry i'm gonna write as best as i could and not botch this one up just to end it. 

-I don't know if i should finish the story after the "planned" ending. the aftermath of Ji's changes and Ri's feelings...

-and still about the topic of romance or bromance...i'm still confused to but whatever it is let's all discover that altogether cause i'm like typing and posting at the same time...my fingers are surprising me actually as i type haha it's like they have a mind of their own keke..

 

and now thank you for reading!! :) love to read reviews or comments.... thank you so much!